Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How to tame intense RA peeling?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
my mom is experiencing this. she has been applying her sunscreen and lets it set a while before applying makeup. I guess the sunscreen loosens up all the dry skin because when she goes to apply her makeup her skin looks all peely and patches and she has to rub off the sunscreen and start over, thus wasting her expensive s/s. there are huge patches of peeling skin. any suggestions? should she be using a scrub to exfoliate physically too? every morning?
Divine Diva
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:11 am      Reply with quote
sweetsweettart wrote:
my mom is experiencing this. she has been applying her sunscreen and lets it set a while before applying makeup. I guess the sunscreen loosens up all the dry skin because when she goes to apply her makeup her skin looks all peely and patches and she has to rub off the sunscreen and start over, thus wasting her expensive s/s. there are huge patches of peeling skin. any suggestions? should she be using a scrub to exfoliate physically too? every morning?

I would definitely be adding a exfoliant to her regime a couple of times a week to combat the flakey skin and to rid her skin of the dead skin cells that sometimes like to stay with our skin because they can.

Also when I'm in the shower I gently massage my face after cleansing and find that this helps to roll off the flakey skin that can sometimes happen. I find this very beneficial and easy to do, as when your skin is wet/moist it is easier to roll of the skin by gently massaging it.

I don't think I would use an exfoliant everyday as this could be a little excessive, however you can buy daily ones that are gentle. Just advice your mum to use caution if she decides on everyday. I find a few times a week is enough for my skin type and with the gentle facial massage in the shower, my skin stays baby smooth and flake free.

I can relate to this and I'm sure everyone at one time or another has experienced this. I remember when one day my skin was peeling quite excessively and I looked in the mirror at work and was horrified to discover the skin near my nose was hanging there!!! So that was when I decided I needed to incorporate an exfoliant along with my gentle massage in the shower and voila no more flakey skin. Smile
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Your mom may want to use the RA less often and alternate it with something less intense like Avene Retrinal which is a retinoid that converts directly to Retin-a in the skin. This way she will get continuous activation of retinoid receptors & thus anti aging benefits without as much irritation. Taking days off from also helps.

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/retinaldehyde.html

I like to use a Clarisonic to get rid of flakes. A microfiber cloth is another option. Once a week or so I use a pineapple enzyme mask from Freeman to help further dissolve the patches.

http://www.drugstore.com/freeman-feeling-beautiful-facial-enzyme-mask-pineapple/qxp189268
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
What strength of RA is she using? She might want to start at a lower level and increase the strength as her skin becomes accustomed to it. She could also start by just using it every other day at first.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:10 am      Reply with quote
Definitely cut back on usage. Its best to start of slow to help the skin adjust. I would be very careful about adding any exfoliants as it can make the irritation/dryness worse.
MsClearskin
5% products discount

Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I would try mixing a pea-size amount of exfoliant with her cleanser every 3rd day for a gentle exfoliation.
MsClearskin
5% products discount

Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Divine Diva I love the facial massage in the shower tip...I will be trying that tonight. Thanks Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |