Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Please help with a new skincare routine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sandralee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering what products been effective for you all. I have mature, dry skin and noticing some sagging, loss of firmness, as well as fine lines/wrinkles & uneven tone. Yes, I have it all! Very Happy There are soooo many products out there. I want as simple regime as possible.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
sandralee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
anyone???
Divine Diva
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sandra,

Are you wanting products from just one brand or are you happy to use an array of products? I use different products from different brands and this works for me, however you may have a brand/brands that you love?

Do you have any pigmentation/sun damage that your wanting to correct?

You obviously wanting something easy to begin with and then build on?

What products are you using now if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry for all the questions, as I don't want to recommend something to you without know a little more about your skin and what your wanting.

You can start off with a simple regime:

A.M Cleanse

Tone

Moisturise

P.M Cleanse

Tone

Moisturise

These are the basics which you can build on with other treatments such as targeting the fine lines and sagging with an intensive serum/moisturiser of a night as well as a Vitamin C during the day to correct the uneven skin tone.
Also adding an eye cream to target any fine lines you may have around the eye area.
You can also add a mask a few times a week to brighten and help correct any crepiness, dead skin and firm the skin.
Also an exfoliant to help rid your skin of any flakiness and dead skin cells a few times a week.
Also a retinol cream at night will help with the aging process and brighten your complexion.

There are also other treatments you can incorporate to help firm the skin and help with the aging process.
I will post back with some recommendations of some products I use in a little while and see what you think. Smile
sandralee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Are you wanting products from just one brand or are you happy to use an array of products? I use different products from different brands and this works for me, however you may have a brand/brands that you love?
An array of products is fine.Do you have any pigmentation/sun damage that your wanting to correct? YES
You obviously wanting something easy to begin with and then build on? Yes and NO
What products are you using now if you don't mind me asking? I never stick to one product and that's my problem.
Sorry for all the questions, as I don't want to recommend something to you without know a little more about your skin and what your wanting.

You can start off with a simple regime:

A.M Cleanse

Tone

Moisturise

P.M Cleanse

Tone

Moisturise

These are the basics which you can build on with other treatments such as targeting the fine lines and sagging with an intensive serum/moisturiser of a night as well as a Vitamin C during the day to correct the uneven skin tone.
Also adding an eye cream to target any fine lines you may have around the eye area.
You can also add a mask a few times a week to brighten and help correct any crepiness, dead skin and firm the skin.
Also an exfoliant to help rid your skin of any flakiness and dead skin cells a few times a week.
Also a retinol cream at night will help with the aging process and brighten your complexion.

There are also other treatments you can incorporate to help firm the skin and help with the aging process.
I will post back with some recommendations of some products I use in a little while and see what you think.

Thank you! I need all of the above if you don't mind posting.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:27 am      Reply with quote
What are you currently using, Sandralee and what have you tried in the past?
sandralee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I just posted a long reply and it's gone!
I remember you from the 302 board a few years ago. I've tried many products since and currently just using samples vit. c, cetaphil cleanser, sunscreen, and tazorac sometimes. I need to be more steadfast in my skincare regime. I like to buy products locally, but am open to your suggestions, as well as anyone elc
se here.
My skin is dry and has some brown spots and broken capilaries.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Gentle cleanser
Retinoid-- Retin-A or Avene
Exfoliation with Clarisonic or microfiber cloth
Moisturize p.m. with healing oil or oil based cream
TCA peel

Just get a good basic system and your skin will look great! Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
Gentle cleanser
Retinoid-- Retin-A or Avene
Exfoliation with Clarisonic or microfiber cloth
Moisturize p.m. with healing oil or oil based cream
TCA peel

Just get a good basic system and your skin will look great! Very Happy

I agree with Gretchen for the most part. I personally would not do the TCA peel until you have used a good basic regimen for a while. Otherwise, tretinoin at night, sunscreen during the day, exfoliate a few nights a week, moisturizer when you need it, and patience for the products to work!
amandaM
5% products discount

Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I use several products. I have Neutrogena Anti-Oxidant Age Reverse Cleanser, Aveeno Day Moisturizer with spf 30, and Omorovicza Rejuvenating Night Cream and Reviving Eye Cream.

I also do the dry skin brushing once a week.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |