Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone tried Yoga Facial Toning System?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Sovajo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I was doing some searching online for facial exercises and courses, etc., and came across one I hadn't heard of before — Yoga Facial Toning — that looks very interesting to me. I'm an older guy who's been a facial exercise buff for many years now, and have a large collection of facial exercise videos, books and gadgets. I have (and really enjoy) Deb Crowley's Flex Effect 3rd Edition, and LouLou's Ageless If You Dare. But the Yoga Facial Toning is a new one on me, and I'm wondering if anyone here has tried it or heard anything about it.

I inserted a link to the web site, but got a message saying new members can't do that. You can do a search for Yoga Facial Toning, or for the founder, Rose Hong Tran. As you can see on the YFT Store page, there are two DVDs, a CD and a book, available for purchase separately or in "packages" of various prices.

I checked out the Sample Exercises page, and it looks to me like she might have borrowed elements from Carole Maggio's routine (particularly the Scoop, and visualizing the muscles lifting as you raise your hands away from your face).

I hope I'm posting this in the right forum,. I've been a member here for a couple of years and think EDS is a great place with lots of nice people, but this is actually my first post. I'm being temped to order the Yoga Facial Toning kit, and wanted to check here first to see if anyone else has tried it.

I apologize if there is already a discussion of this in one of the forums here; I was unable to find anything.

Thanks!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum wave ,
I know this program was discussed on one of the threads...it was mentioned briefly. When I have time I will try to search for it. Glad to have a facial exercises enthusiast on board!
back from searching.....
I just checked and saw this discussion
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6395054&highlight=gary+sikorski#6395054

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Toby — that was a fascinating thread, and I really appreciate your help!

I think you've just saved me some money! When I read the comments from Gary Sikorski, who has the Happy Face Yoga DVD, it jarred my memory and I realized I have that one! Got it quite a while ago, but I think I was in the middle of some other program at the time, and just viewed it once and put it away "for later", lol.

Now that I know Mr. Sikorski was trained by Ms. Tran, and that their systems are similar, I'm going to get out the Happy Face Yoga DVD right away, and will most likely decide I don't need to order Ms. Tran's kit.

Thanks again. I do enjoy visiting EDS (you learn all kinds of neat things here!) and I appreciate your welcome message!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I've owned Rose's old book, cd and dvd for some time now, and know she has had a newish facelift book/video come out but haven't ordered that.

I've got to say I did like the book, it was short and sweet but the pictures to me weren't much help, plus I didn't like the cd, as she does the count for only one rep, and then at the end tells you to do two more. I'd much rather she did the full count.

She has borrowed from other exercise programs without doubt, and I don't really get whats specific here re yoga and her facial exercises. I spotted several which look very similar to Maggios, and FlexEffect. Rose does say on her website that when she first looked into this she got hold of the other programs, so maybe she used those programs particularly.

Gary is one of the people she trained up, and Happy Face Yoga is simply the routine simplified and modified to give faster results. I asked Gary direct the difference and that’s probably the thread your talking about. Gary said in that thread, he gave out written instructions to people who undertook his class but didn’t seem willing to do that for people who owned his dvd. I do like the Yoga Facial Toning book, as it does have acupressure stuff in there, plus diet tips, and even skincare tips that I think do make a big difference, plus I like how they put emphasis on deep breathing as I think thats truly something that produces huge results that I haven’t seen the others promote that often!

I must admit that I stick with FlexEffect moreso now as the 3rd edition stuff really has given me some great results moreso than YFT and FM and Facercise and Ageless but I still ocassionaly do add in a few exercises from each to keep things where they should be.
Sovajo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for your post, TheresaMary. I went to Gary's Happy Face Yoga web site, and saw that he has an additional package for $12.95. Copying this from his site, it includes:

* Worksheets on all 32 exercises
* Audio CD with 12 exercises
* Bonus Booklet: nutrition, supplements & tips for facial success

I figured it would be good to have since I already own the DVD, and ordered one.

Roses' new DVD sounds interesting ... a 3-minute facelift. Curiosity may eventually force me to order it, lol. And after reading your comments about her Facial Toning Book, I've got that on my wish list too.

I'm also a fan of acupressure. Years ago I purchased Lindsey Wagner's Acupressure Facelift book and video, and think it's terrific! I can really feel a tingly "energy" in my face after doing it. Sure wish she would make the video available on DVD, but I don't imagine that's going to happen.

I have to agree that FlexEffect is one amazing program. It's so complete, and there's SO much info in the book. And the quick-reply help from the trainers in the forum is invaluable. I think the program is worth every penny.
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad HFY now has instructions... but it is really irritating that these have to be purchased separately. No other facial exercise program (at least that I know of) makes you buy their system, then charges you extra for the actual instructions.

I bought the Happy Face Yoga dvd a long time ago and stopped using it simply because it was too tedious to have to watch the entire dvd AND explanations each time (unlike FlexEffect or Maggio's systems where they give you the abbreviated exercises in addition to the detailed ones).

On one of the threads, Gary mentioned he gives out the instructions to students who take his class... When I asked him about those of us who purchased the dvd, he didn't reply. I think that told me everything. Just feels really off-putting and quite frankly, greedy.

That said, I am not bashing the system, just the manner in which it is presented. I will likely never know how the exercises make a difference because at this point, I am putting my money into other programs where I get better customer support and resources.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Luminosity, I am so sorry you have misinterpreted my program. You say your glad HFY now has instructions. My HFY DVD has always had instructions. I've been selling it for years with 100% satisfaction. Demand has warranted more exercises, so I've recently released a package of 32 exercises that I teach in class. These are not "instructions", just some additional exercises that some people would like to learn. I'm not charging anything extra once you by the DVD, but of course, you would pay extra for the 32 flash-card package. If you go to a salon for a manicure, you don't get a free pedicure. It's a seperate product. Both with instructions. As for customer service, I anwser and reply to every person and every question sent to me. I'm so gratful I have so many happy, satisified students and users!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Gary – I think your misunderstanding the post of Luminosity. Originally she asked you about written instructions on the exercises. Whilst the dvd may now come with different instructions, the original had a little booklet of tips etc like health supplements, nutrition etc from memory. This was the request posted to yourself by Luminosity on the other thread, where she asked if written instructions on how to do the exercises were available – as from memory she didn’t always have a dvd player to hand, and you responded that you gave written instructions in your class, but when asked if people who owned the dvd could get a copy you went silent.
Gary Sikorski wrote:
Luminosity, I am so sorry you have misinterpreted my program. You say your glad HFY now has instructions. My HFY DVD has always had instructions. I've been selling it for years with 100% satisfaction. Demand has warranted more exercises, so I've recently released a package of 32 exercises that I teach in class. These are not "instructions", just some additional exercises that some people would like to learn. I'm not charging anything extra once you by the DVD, but of course, you would pay extra for the 32 flash-card package. If you go to a salon for a manicure, you don't get a free pedicure. It's a seperate product. Both with instructions. As for customer service, I anwser and reply to every person and every question sent to me. I'm so gratful I have so many happy, satisified students and users!
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:24 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Gary – I think your misunderstanding the post of Luminosity. Originally she asked you about written instructions on the exercises. Whilst the dvd may now come with different instructions, the original had a little booklet of tips etc like health supplements, nutrition etc from memory. This was the request posted to yourself by Luminosity on the other thread, where she asked if written instructions on how to do the exercises were available – as from memory she didn’t always have a dvd player to hand, and you responded that you gave written instructions in your class, but when asked if people who owned the dvd could get a copy you went silent.
Gary Sikorski wrote:

Yes, that is the "silence" to which I am referring.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |