Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Retin A
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
curlylo

Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all. I've been using Retin A micro 0.1% Since the end of September and it was working amazing on my pimples. It's the only thing that ever worked before! I get really bad acne. Mostly cystic. About 2 weeks ago I got my first pimple and now today I have about 10. I don't know what happened. I didn't change my routine at all. The only thing that's different is that I am at the end of my tube and there is a little bit left. Could that be the problem? Thank for helping all!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:21 am      Reply with quote
As long as its not expired it should be ok.
Josh
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:57 am      Reply with quote
In my opinion it's unrealistic to expect to be acne free forever if you're acne-prone. I wouldn't change anything and I wouldn't assume Retin-A has stopped working. Continue with your routine and see how things go.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I got lazy and didn't apply tretinoin for 2 days or so, and my skin really didn't look very nice yesterday. I don't have zits, but I do have some small discolorations from old zits, which seemed to stand out. I was a little surprised to see the difference, since I thought they'd already faded or something. I'm a little surprised that retins are I guess disguising these for me now, and not just doing longterm/under the surface work. Did that make sense?

I used it last night and my skin looks more even again today.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I agree with Josh, just wait a bit, because it could be hormonal or dietary or something completely independent of the tretinoin. And tretinoin should only help you get over it. I've had pretty good luck lately with some zinc supplements--a common mineral for us acne-prone folks to be lacking.

LoriA, I get something similar if I skip two nights now, but if I go with my every-other-night plan, it's all good! And I've been doing a couple of nights in a row from time to time when my skin looks like it needs it... I'm guessing the reason is because we're only a few months in, and once we're at, say 2 years, our results will be more robust and less sensitive to small changes like that.

Cheers,
Kay

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kay! You're right, hopefully its because its still early in the game.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Divine Diva
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I also think early on in a new regime or product, your skin can still be purging and if you have suffered from Acne most of your life it will take a little while for a product to show it's full benefits.

I think this is a mistake we can all make and I myself have been guilty of this early on when I first started out with skin care products. We start with a product and if it doesn't show results early on or if our skin breaks out we tend to think that the product isn't working, however it is and it just needs to purge all the impurities from your skin.

I think in your case curlylo that this may be the cause of your breakouts. You have obviously had quite bad Acne and your skin is still in the early stages of using Retinol and purging out the impurities. Just give it time and in some cases you don't see dramatic results until using a product for quite a while and in a lot of cases it can be a year or more of use and then you will really see the benefits.

I think if you constantly change products because you may not think there working this can also cause one's skin to react quite badly. I'm not saying that your chopping and changing your products, however I have been on the receiving end of my skin going wild because I was constantly changing products because I didn't think they were working for me. So give it time to work it's magic and I'm sure you will achieve the results you are after.

Having said that, if you have a bad reaction to skin care then that's when you do stop using it because you don't want to use something that you have had a bad reaction to or allergic to. You will know if it's a bad reaction, as your face can swell and become itchy etc. So I do think from what you have described, your skin is just purging and ridding itself of all the nasties. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |