Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Most effective skin care products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
alldaychemist

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

Skin problems are so common and frequent. They start from the teenage and continue till the old age.
So, are the products, there are products in the market for teenagers and for old age people. Sometime becomes very difficult to choose among the various options present.

So, let us start listing down products that have worked most for skin problems like ageing, acne pimple, wrinkles, open pores, rashes and skin allergies.

This will help people to choose product that has helped with the problem rather than just trying products and getting no results.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:21 am      Reply with quote
alldaychemist wrote:

So, let us start listing down products that have worked most for skin problems like ageing, acne pimple, wrinkles, open pores, rashes and skin allergies.

Retin A
Sunscreen
Topical C and other antioxidants.
Cerave or similar for barrier protection
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm guessing this is intended to be a primer/how-to. If so we should add that there are a lot of products which incorporate these basics into their ingredients lists. People have the option of selecting products which contain these ingredients (along with other ingredients which may or may not be helpful for their particular skin), or they can purchase and use these alone and/or mix them with other things themselves.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
I think rileygirl's list sums it up except I would add one: AHA's
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
As much as I dread saying it (because it slays a lot of sacred cows).

It is my opinion that currently, the best skincare products available, are found directly from nature and available only two places - the grocery store or the pharmacy, with few exceptions.

Let me explain:

I have learned through trial and error that the best products for my hair and feet are coconut oil and vinegar - available cheaply from the grocery. Price is not really a factor for me and yet I keep coming back to these two. Vitamin C as well for my skin - again from nature, not a lab.

I have learned from research that the best anti-aging products are retinoids and hormone preparations - again products directly from nature, (vitamins and hormones) obtained from a pharmacy.

I will buy vaseline and Palmers cocoa butter to moisturize my skin from time to time. I get these at the drugstore.

So in a nutshell, whatever I buy for my skin and hair is either way cheap or way expensive(prescriptions) - very little in between really works.

I do buy sunscreen and fruit acids - but not from drugstores - usually from direct sellers online.
That basically cuts out department stores and anything hawked by magazines.

I guess I can run for cover now, lol

BF
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
alldaychemist wrote:

Retin A
Sunscreen
Topical C and other antioxidants.
Cerave or similar for barrier protection

These products along with copper peptides, healing oils like emu, olive, jojoba etc and a good low glycemic diet high in protein, especially for Blood Type O.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Vitamin C as well for my skin - again from nature, not a lab.

BF

BFG, explain what you mean by the C from nature and not from a lab, please!
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
I mean plain old ascorbic acid as found in nature, which is the only form of Vitamin C with substantial data behind it.

Now of course, the wrinkle there (no pun intended! LOL) is that it's very hard to replicate the same results achieved at home, that were achieved in the studies - for all the reasons we have discussed here so many times.

BF
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I mean plain old ascorbic acid as found in nature, which is the only form of Vitamin C with substantial data behind it.

Now of course, the wrinkle there (no pun intended! LOL) is that it's very hard to replicate the same results achieved at home, that were achieved in the studies - for all the reasons we have discussed here so many times.

BF

LOL. Ok. Thanks. You are basically saying L-ascorbic acid and not any of the C derivatives, correct?
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
using these on and off and in combinations for great skin:

retin a
green cream
tca peels
glycolic
copper peptides

================
supplements
cerave cream to seal moisture into the skin
clarsonic to exfoliate
kertin treatment on hair
latisse for eyelashes
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I think the C derivates have much less data behind them, although I haven't looked into the subject for several months, I confess.

Please let me know if you are aware of any recent and new data Smile

Thanks Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

Please let me know if you are aware of any recent and new data Smile

Thanks Smile

I personally am not, but I have not done any research on them for a long time! My belief is still that the L-ascorbic version is the "proven" one as far as collagen production.
quaint

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Please be wary of ordering from All Day Chemist. I attempted to place my first order on February 10th, using my credit card, without realizing that my bank automatically rejects any foreign charges. ADC tried to put the charge through twice and both were declined by my bank. I thought it was no big deal, so I just sent ADC a cashier's check to pay for my order. Now this morning, the 17th, I get a call from my bank telling me that multiple charges from foreign countries are attempting to go through on my account. Among the charges, $280 from Spain, $67 from Lithuania, and then a 67 cent hold from some other country that I've forgotten the name of (I was sleeping when the bank called!). Needless to say, my bank had to cancel my card and are issuing me a new one because of this. I know it was ADC because the card in particular that I used is on an account I haven't made any purchases on because I was intending on closing it and ADC is the only foreign purchase I've ever tried to make. I am so disappointed with them because I too heard good feedback about them, but hearing about all this attempted fraud on my account this morning has me freaked out, so I made an account on here, just as I will do on other sites to give people a warning when using their credit cards. I'm not saying don't order from ADC, but just be careful if you use your credit card.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
alldaychemist wrote:
Hello,

Skin problems are so common and frequent. They start from the teenage and continue till the old age.
So, are the products, there are products in the market for teenagers and for old age people. Sometime becomes very difficult to choose among the various options present.

This will help people to choose product that has helped with the problem rather than just trying products and getting no results.

It could take quite a long list for all those different things, but I'll try to add to a few of them.

For Aging: I found copper peptides, Retin A, sunscreen and hydroxy acids (lactic or glycolic) give the best results. I would also throw a good topical Vitamin C into that mix, but I feel the CPs deliver the same or better results. To prevent aging - use a good sunscreen (this is the best defense)

For oily skin/blackheads - a BHA (salicylic acid) gets down deep to keep the pores open. Retin A (and other retinoids) help the lining of the pores to shed properly and not stick to gether. It works differently than a BHA and they both have benefits. Be careful about using both, as they both can cause irritation.

Rashes: CPs can help with inflammation and heal irritated skin; Manuka oil can also do this. Manuka oil is best used diluted in another oil,not used at 100%. There are others out there, but these are 2 I use. I dilute manuka in emu oil as emu oil can also help w/ inflammation. I try to stay away from topical steriod creams as these can cause thinning of the skin if used for too long.

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C is always said by doctors as well that its good for glowing and healthy skin.

Either you take Vitamin C orally ie in you daily food items or lot many products are present that have Vitamin c present in them as ingredient, there by you can use those products.

Vitamin C presents wrinkles and ageing there by you keep looking good.

Thanks and Regards
All Day Chemist.
alldaychemist

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:39 am      Reply with quote
quaint wrote:
Please be wary of ordering from All Day Chemist. I attempted to place my first order on February 10th, using my credit card, without realizing that my bank automatically rejects any foreign charges. ADC tried to put the charge through twice and both were declined by my bank. I thought it was no big deal, so I just sent ADC a cashier's check to pay for my order. Now this morning, the 17th, I get a call from my bank telling me that multiple charges from foreign countries are attempting to go through on my account. Among the charges, $280 from Spain, $67 from Lithuania, and then a 67 cent hold from some other country that I've forgotten the name of (I was sleeping when the bank called!). Needless to say, my bank had to cancel my card and are issuing me a new one because of this. I know it was ADC because the card in particular that I used is on an account I haven't made any purchases on because I was intending on closing it and ADC is the only foreign purchase I've ever tried to make. I am so disappointed with them because I too heard good feedback about them, but hearing about all this attempted fraud on my account this morning has me freaked out, so I made an account on here, just as I will do on other sites to give people a warning when using their credit cards. I'm not saying don't order from ADC, but just be careful if you use your credit card.
alldaychemist

Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:41 am      Reply with quote
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that has been faced by you and others. We have forwarded the matter for investigation.

All our transactions are done on a very secure server to which even we can't access. Even our payment processing Banks can store only the first eight digits and last four digits of the card without the expiry or the CVV number. The 12 digits are needed to identify the transactions. Further, if there is anybody whose card has been used fraudulently, they may like to see the following under which their maximum liability is US$ 50.00:
alldaychemist

Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

Signs of ageing and wrinkles start appearing at the age of 30-35 yrs. If not paid attention at that time leads wrinkles that becomes difficult to be removed. In that case lot many products are present which are enriched with Vitamin C, as Vitamin C is one good source that prevents wrinkles and makes skin looking good.

What are the products with good amount of Vitamin c. what is better to take Vitamin c capsules, food contents or to use Vitamin C products.

Which effects most.

Thanks and Regards
All Day Chemist
dongss_1999
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Quite a few ingredients can be available to make us unwrinkle and look younger
such as Retin A, copper protein, AHA, Argireline, Ceramide, co-enzyme Q10 and the like (A lot of threads and products containing these have been listed in the forum, you can find them by searching.)
Also, some other ones are used to improve our skin state, such as Hyaluronic acid is for moisturizing, zinc oxide and titanium dioxide are always used for physical sunscreen, vitamin C is used for whiting.
So in my opinions, there is not a most effective skin care product for everybody, the skin care product should be selected according different person.
I will know all about this product (including good effects and side ones, its ingredients) to judge whether it would really like others people or advertisement, before I choose a product, .
Suitable product is the best one.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |