Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
MUAC Mandelic Acid Peel...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
JavaGlow

Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I wondered if anyone has tried this particular peel. I have never used one due to the fact that my skin is sensitive and dry. I am a bit reluctant but was told this one would be a good one for me. I have even read where lactic peels might be good to.
It's so confusing. I haven't been able to use any retinals or other products for the aging of my skin, due to my sensitive skin, so I am a bit worried about trying one.
Even with the concern I have, I need to try to find something that will help with my aging skin issues...large pores, wrinkles, fine lines..etc..
Any help offered would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Peace
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I would be careful about using peels if you have very sensitive skin. You might be better off trying the Non Acid Enzyme Peel.

MUAC has great customer service so you could try emailing them and see what they recommend for your skin type.
vball91

Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:13 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I would be careful about using peels if you have very sensitive skin. You might be better off trying the Non Acid Enzyme Peel.

MUAC has great customer service so you could try emailing them and see what they recommend for your skin type.

I agree that you should be careful about a chemical peel if you have very sensitive skin. Have you tried any lower percentage AHA leave on treatments? Or how about a Vitamin C or niacinamide product first?
JavaGlow

Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
Thank you both for replying. It confirms what I felt all along. Actually it was the girl from MUAC that suggested that peel and she was aware of my skin issues. I have tried AHA products and have had reactions that were bad. Also the mandelic peel is 25% which is a higher than usual percentage than others I have heard of. It is hard to find the right products to use when my sensitivity issues and not being able to go to a derm doc or a professional.
Then things you both suggested might be something to try. I absolutely do NOT want to cause more issues for myself.
Can you suggest specific products by name or the site to check into? Or is MUAC a good one for the other types they carry?
To be honest, the idea of a peel is scary when doing it myself at home, even if I just do a test patch. So, if there are other ways to exfoliate without a peel would be better for me.

Thanks again.
Peace
bunnyman
5% products discount

Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the Mandelic Acid from MUAC and really like it. It is quite gentle and doesn't really sting or itch like other AHA peels. Can you describe your skin sensitivity issues? The 25% peel did not actually make my skin peel. Mandelic is made from bitter almonds so if you have any nut or almond allergies it would be contraindicated.
JavaGlow

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi bunnyman,
Thank you for the reply and info. The issues I have with my skin are stinging, burning, redness and my eyes react badly to anything with fragrance. I have tried products with retinol, AHA,and even BHA and it has caused a bad reaction that took days to calm down.
There have been skin care products that are for sensitive skin that I cannot use even though they are made for my skin type.
What I have noticed also, is that even if there is no pefume type fragrance just the botanicals can cause my eyes to start to tear up and swell.
It has been a trial and error time but I need to find some sort of skin care to address the aging issues, or I will start to look much older than I am.
You mentioned you used the mandelic peel and I wonder if you have sensitive skin also. I have never used any type of peel so that is also why I am a bit hesitant.

Than you for your reply
Peace
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |