Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Salicylic acid questions!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hello old friends! I am here to ask for your advice after a long time away.

After a very stressful six months and on going trouble with my health (I had a mitochondrial disaster and am still recovering) I want to treat myself to something that makes me feel good about myself.

I was thinking about the advice I’d heard on these boards while I was active, and about the things I’ve wanted to try but never had a go, namely:

Salicylic acid and other exfoliaters
Vitamin C serums

I found a website that sells salicylic acid but I am weary of using it as I haven’t used a skin peel before. It is 5% and less “peely” than other exfoliants, but, still, I want to know what you think of this:

http://www.bravuralondon.com/skin-peels/salicylic-acid-5-10ml.html

What would your advice for a first timer be in both buying something like this and using something like this? (I have done asprin masks before to good effect but I gather salicylic acid and aspirin masks are somewhat different.)
Do you think this looks like a good site to buy from? And have any of you used it before?

(The website also sells these dermaflannels, I'd be interested to know if anyone has used them before too! Very Happy

http://www.bravuralondon.com/dermaflannel.html)

That's all for now, I think! I am the Questionator and I will be back. Thanks for your advice in advance Cool
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Why not try SkinBiology's LacSal? It's strong but gentle and great value for money. Makes my skin feel silky smooth.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Fox wrote:

Welcome back!
Quote:

After a very stressful six months and on going trouble with my health (I had a mitochondrial disaster and am still recovering) I want to treat myself to something that makes me feel good about myself.

I was thinking about the advice I’d heard on these boards while I was active, and about the things I’ve wanted to try but never had a go, namely:

Salicylic acid and other exfoliaters
Vitamin C serums

You might want to consider CPs too. They do a great job of renewing/rebuilding skin. They helped mine get firmer and look younger and return to a healthier state (it can handle the sun much better now). I've gotten rid of skin tags and scars w/ CPs too.
Quote:

I found a website that sells salicylic acid but I am weary of using it as I haven’t used a skin peel before. It is 5% and less “peely” than other exfoliants, but, still, I want to know what you think of this:

http://www.bravuralondon.com/skin-peels/salicylic-acid-5-10ml.html

What would your advice for a first timer be in both buying something like this and using something like this? (I have done asprin masks before to good effect but I gather salicylic acid and aspirin masks are somewhat different.)
Do you think this looks like a good site to buy from? And have any of you used it before?

I haven't used this BHA before, but I have used a 5% one from Diana Yvonne. It's a fairly strong one and for first timers, may not be a good choice. You should consider a 2% one that has a pH of around 3-3.5. If your skin tolerates that pretty well and you feel you need a stronger acid, then you could move up to the 5% one. The one you gave the link to does look like a nice one, though. And they give a pretty good explanation about it.

Also, is your skin oily or dry? What are you trying to achieve with the acids and vit c?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:25 am      Reply with quote
I am using Reveal serum from Synergie skin care, I order from the (Skinformation / AU) website. they offer international shipping
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Why not try SkinBiology's LacSal? It's strong but gentle and great value for money. Makes my skin feel silky smooth.

Thanks for the suggestion! I think I can get a discount if I order from EDS. I will add it to my list of curiosities before I finally decide what to buy Smile

foxe wrote:
Fox wrote:

Welcome back!

Very Happy

Quote:

You might want to consider CPs too. They do a great job of renewing/rebuilding skin. They helped mine get firmer and look younger and return to a healthier state (it can handle the sun much better now). I've gotten rid of skin tags and scars w/ CPs too.

That sounds interesting, although I don't know what you mean by CPs. I'll search the board for clues!

My skin can look kind of dull because of how ill I've been, and the "dips" in my health do reflect on my face; puffyness, break outs which can leave redness and so on.

It would really make me feel good if I could treat myself well on the outside after all the fighting I've been doing on the inside.

"Renewing" sounds great.

Quote:

I haven't used this BHA before, but I have used a 5% one from Diana Yvonne. It's a fairly strong one and for first timers, may not be a good choice. You should consider a 2% one that has a pH of around 3-3.5. If your skin tolerates that pretty well and you feel you need a stronger acid, then you could move up to the 5% one. The one you gave the link to does look like a nice one, though. And they give a pretty good explanation about it.

Also, is your skin oily or dry? What are you trying to achieve with the acids and vit c?

Hmmm, okay. Thanks for all your advice, you're very helpful Smile I'll try to find a 2% salicylic acid that I can order from the UK (I don't want to ship from another country if I can help it).

If I can't find one, do you know if I can dilute it or not? I suppose using it for a shorter time could be an option, but my skin is quite sensitive.

My skin changes a lot - I have dry flakes and it can feel tight after I wash, but other days it feels and looks oily.

I want to clear my skin, especially the redness I have left over from my teens and generally help it look healthier and brighter. It needs a boost after the last few months!

Thanks again, foxe!
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
foxe, are CPs copper peptides?
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Fox wrote:
foxe, are CPs copper peptides?

Yes, they are Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |