Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
24 and wrinkles or just very dry skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
AlyLin
5% products discount

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I am coming off using a very popular acne system and my skin and I have a couple of concerns. I used this system 1x/day (skin sensitive) for about 6 months, figured I'd give it a fair shot. I don't really even have bad acne. I wasn't good about using a sunscreen during that time. I'm not sure when my skin will stop freaking out (its like a transitional period I'm hoping!) so for now I'm using cetaphil. It's like I saw damage overnight when I finally looked close at my face and that's why I stopped using the acne treatment!! I have wrinkles pretty bad. Could it be dry skin?? My face gets shiny but still feels dry. I've never used anything stripping on it before and was good about using sunscreen before the 6 months of acne stuff. Sorry for the book. Any suggestions or advice would be wonderful. Thanks in advance!
Fox
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm. Maybe what your using is drying out your skin too much and stimulating oil production that sits on the surface, giving you a shine.

Skin goes through phases so I'm sure yours will change at some point, but it is stressful when it freaks out. What kind of wrinkles do you have? I've read in a few places that it is a myth that oily skin is less prone to wrinkles, but it wouldn't surprise me that stressed skin could show up all kinds of lines and blemishes.

My advice would be to switch to a a gentle cleanser, and maybe try an exfoliator like AHA or DHA to lift excess oil down and help your moisturiser sinks in.

I don't know what country you are from or what season it is there, but if it's winter that can really blast and tire your skin!
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
what were the ingredients in the acne system you were using? That would help us to know if that dried out your skin.

5% products discount

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply. They are the ones that when I'm showing expression are parallel to each other. Nothing major but I don't want them to progress...yes, its winter here unfortunately. Good ol Wisconsin! haha. Also, I like the idea of using a night cream but the creams tend to be too heavy and I know its not breaking news, but moisturizers tend to sit on top whereas serums can make a difference moreso? Please correct me if this is incorrect info. Thanks again. Smile

EDA: it was benzoyl peroxide based treatment I was using.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Yes,what you were using was very drying.
Fox is right, if you skip your skin dry then oil production will go into over drive to correct.

I would suggest a BHA exfoliant (look at Paula's choice), a gentle cleanser and a light moisturizer.

Someone else can jump in with recommendations about a moisturizer ... my skin is super dry so what I have tried will not work for you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am thinking that this may be more of a skin barrier issue. I am on my way to the repairing skin barrier threads to check it out. If that's the case, AlyLin, I would not use any acids on my face right now. Just a gentle washcloth for the flakies. I would actually use a bio oil instead of moisturizer. I know it sounds counter intuitive. Also maybe some ACV toner to balance your pH. Anybody have any other thoughts?
MsClearskin
5% products discount

Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
hyacynthgirl wrote:
I am thinking that this may be more of a skin barrier issue. I am on my way to the repairing skin barrier threads to check it out. If that's the case, AlyLin, I would not use any acids on my face right now. Just a gentle washcloth for the flakies. I would actually use a bio oil instead of moisturizer. I know it sounds counter intuitive. Also maybe some ACV toner to balance your pH. Anybody have any other thoughts?

I agree with hyacynthgirl, AlyLin you need to get your skin barrier functioning properly. hyacynthgirl what is ACV toner? If it were me I would look for a pH balanced cleaner, barrier repair serum and a light moisturizer for oily/combo skin. What do you think??
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:35 am      Reply with quote
I second the BHA exfoliant (once your skin settles down) and barrier repair.

What I like for barrier repair are Olay Regenerist Regenerating serum fragrance-free (lightweight, for oily skin) and La Roche-Posay Cicaplast (more hydrating but not oily--good for oily and dehydrated skin). LRP Cicaplast also has microbe-killers like zinc and copper.

I used benzoyl peroxide for about a year, and I'm pretty sure it contributed to premature aging. It's a pro-oxidant after all, and while it may kill bacteria, there are gentler things out there that kill microbes (minerals, BHA, azelaic and mandelic acids) while having other benefits for skin.

And have you considered supplements and dietary changes? Depending on the kind of acne (and other symptoms) you have, different things may help, like zinc, B-complex, magnesium-B6, Nicotinamide ZCF, Vit A and D, primrose/borage oil, AcneScript; eliminating sugar and milk, maybe wheat or soy. Interesting article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/do-milk-and-sugar-cause-a_b_822163.html

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |