Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Jane Iredale PurePressed Base, PurePressed Blush
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Many thanks to Phredd4 for guiding me towards the JI PurePressed Base - I'm loving it!

I was trying to decide if I should repurchase JI Liquid Minerals or if I should experiment with the other JI products. I really do like the Liquid Minerals (Biqsue is my color) but I'm also really glad that I tried the JI PurePressed Base. The color choice was difficult. As I said I'm a Biqsue in Liquid Minerals but I also have Warm Silk Liquid Minerals and these are a tad too "golden" for my skin tone. However, I have found Warm Silk in the pressed base to be an ideal shade match for my skin (although this color choice was made on incorrect information it turned out to be the one! must have been lucky that day Smile).

The JI PurePressed Base comes in a lovely matte gold compact with the JI logo on the top. Inside you'll find the powder (obviously) but also a sponge (which I have not used yet) and a mirror. It's a very nice compact and also comes in a little dark blueish pouch (also a logo on that).

I have used Bare Minerals before and liked them. However, I can honestly say that after trying the JI base I'm not likely to go back to BE at all. I think that the JI PurePressed is less shiny than the BE and feels much better on my skin. It is not completely matte - it does give me a nice healthy look rather than making my face look flat. Very importantly, the JI pressed base has been fool-proof (or Mabsy-proof) in application. Even after using BE for a long time I still had times when I would overapply and need to really work the brush to even things out. I'd have to do the whole, swirl & tap before buffing it in as well. I'm using the JI Handi brush that I've had for ages (which is fabulous btw) and I simply swipe it across the pressed powder and buff it in lightly. I don't think it requires as much buffing as BE did for me. BE looked powdery on me if I was lazy with buffing - I don't get that with the JI pressed.

My skin does feel a bit dry a few minutes after applying. I can't remember if I had the same thing with BE, I'll have to try it out again. At any rate, I spritz my face with the JI Hydration Mist to set the minerals and the slight dry feeling goes away and does not come back (even though I spend my whole day in hard-core air-con).

All in all, for me this is better than BE, looks better than BE and is faster and easier to apply than BE. However, the lady who owns BE has just came out with a new line ColoreScience and I shall be trying that to compare. I also think that GloMinerals are very close to the JI in terms of effect and quality (I was told I looked "radiant" when I wore GloLoose on Friday). I reviewed them briefly here today if you're interested.

I also have the JI PurePressed Blush in Dubonnet. I'm pale and this is a lovely shade that looks very natural on me. The first few times I used this with the JI Fan Brush I was a bit disappointed because it didn't really show on my skin. I think it was a combination of the Fan Brush not picking-up/depositing enough pigment, the brush being too wide for the blush pan, and the pan being new and still untouched. However, after a few times of use it became much easier to pick up the pigment (I now use my A'Squirrel Kabuki brush - the black squirrel one not the white goat one) and I'm getting a nice application and it lasts a long time and does not fade (I do set this with the JI hydration mist as well). I do feel that I have to use a fair bit of the blush still to get it to show up but it's such a lovely shade (and will last ages anyway) that it doesn't bother me. I highly recommend this!

So the only disappointment was the JI Fan Brush....
Sweet Pea
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:55 am      Reply with quote
One of my favorite blushes is the Bronzer. I have light skin and this is a gorgeous color for me. I also have Dubonnet along with JI pressed powder, loose powder, liquid minerals and several other eyeshadows and blushes. It is a great line of makeup.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
now i'm wanting to try their blushes...damnit, no shopping for me.
skybaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I too have the Dubonnet blush and it does leave a really nice color. I agree also the fan brush is a total waste. I can hardly get any product on it.

I have heard great things about the Colorescience, but haven't tried it, yet. If you do, please post reviews. Smile

Thank you.
Mabsy

Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Can I also add that if you're looking for a bright and obvious blush (does anyone actually look for these? maybe...) then Dubonnet is not for you. I would say that this is probably one of the most fool-proof blush shades that you can get for pale skins. No looking like a clown with this one - even if you use more than you usually would.
jools
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I also recently moved to JI pressed base from BE and I LOVE the JI base. Goes on so so so easily with the handi brush and gives a lovely light but effective coverage. I will not return to the BE loose powder - not only did I not get as good a result but I really got fed up with the mess!!

When I want to 'glow' more I use BE clear radiance over the top of the JE base.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Many thanks to Phredd4 for guiding me towards the JI PurePressed Base - I'm loving it!

Mabsy,

I am so glad you liked the JI pressed base! I am always reluctant to rave so much about a product, but with this one I couldn't help myself.

-Cheri
clin1202
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I love Jane Iredale PurePressed Base as well. Bisque is such a perfect natural colour for me. The application is quick and fool proof with the Handi Brush, and the finish is natural-looking.

I use the PurePressed Blush in Dubonnet as well. It is a very natural blush. I tested the Fan Brush in the store and decided not to buy it as it is completely useless. I find the JI blush quite compressed so I need to apply more pressure to pick up the powder. I have also tried Sheer Honey and Tawny, but they were a bit too warm/dusty looking on me (I prefer a healthier fresh look).
iikkin
5% products discount

Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
I am trying to order some JI stuff online and cannot decide the color! urgh! I am a BE1.2 and am a current user of the pure matte base and want to venture more into JI, am looking at warm silk, satin and amber in pressed form.
what is your color in BE?
TIA,
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have an appointment tomorrow at a Salon for a complete JI makeover because I'm so confused as to which pressed powder shade best matches my complexion. Blonde hair, blue eyes, sunburn very easily - I think I'm in the 'cool' family.
I have used the following shades:
- BE 1.2
- Mac NW25
- Chanel Teint Naturel Beige Soft Bisque

I will let you know tomorrow which JI shade best suits my complexion.
Mabsy

Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:50 am      Reply with quote
iikkin wrote:

I am trying to order some JI stuff online and cannot decide the color! urgh! I am a BE1.2 and am a current user of the pure matte base and want to venture more into JI, am looking at warm silk, satin and amber in pressed form.
what is your color in BE?

I range between #1 and #1.2 depending on time of year. I would say that Warm Silk would be a good choice for you, but then again I haven't seen (other than online) the other two shades. HTH
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:59 am      Reply with quote
I wear MAC NC25. Warm silk in pressed is slightly pale for me and in the liquid minerals is slightly dark, but a better match for me.
Mabsy

Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Well, since we're heading the MAC way... I'm an NC15 Smile
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:02 am      Reply with quote
I never tried the BE..but I figure mac is easily accesible and therefore a good one to compare.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |