Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
BabyFace Protein Collagen Hair Treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered the full-sized product of the Pure Protein Collagen Hair Treatment/Reconstructor Keratin Repair
from BabyFace after trying and loving a sample.
It only took a tiny capful mixed with my conditioner and left in for 15-20 minutes to make my hair thicker, stronger and you only have to do it twice a month!
I have had a very expensive salon treatment but I have also tried the Garnier version of the blowout at home. I wanted something in between to make my hair look thicker but not lose my curls. I have had a lot of breakage and damage so I needed a treatment that would work to let me rebuild. Can't wait to pass this on to my DIL! Love, love, love!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:14 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR, thank you for sharing! I have lots of brackage and damage too, so was looking for a treatment. Def will try it now! Does hair feel nice and smooth afterwards?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Annie, your hair concerns sound a bit like mine. I might well end up copying you on buying this Babyface product, too! Laughing
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it felt silky but the main attraction for me was that it looked thicker.
I went in to have my highlights done yesterday and was telling the person who had been doing my hair for years about it. She had asked what I used because not only was it thicker, but I have grown it way out, halfway down my back. That always freaks her out because my hair is fine and breaks so she wants to cut it off. But she said it looked healthy, thicker, shinier and she left it alone and just trimmed it instead.
They charge 300.00 for a treatment, blowout and iron in of products like this. But she walked me through how to apply this and make it like a professional treatment. She said the one she uses was a keratin treatment too but its also in how you apply it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:25 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Yes, it felt silky but the main attraction for me was that it looked thicker.
I went in to have my highlights done yesterday and was telling the person who had been doing my hair for years about it. She had asked what I used because not only was it thicker, but I have grown it way out, halfway down my back. That always freaks her out because my hair is fine and breaks so she wants to cut it off. But she said it looked healthy, thicker, shinier and she left it alone and just trimmed it instead.
They charge 300.00 for a treatment, blowout and iron in of products like this. But she walked me through how to apply this and make it like a professional treatment. She said the one she uses was a keratin treatment too but its also in how you apply it.

I could really do with thicker-looking hair, Annie.

Please would you be able to fill me in on the details your hairdresser gave you on how to use it as a professional-style treatment?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Wish I done this last time, so I am looking forward to seeing how well it will turn out. Last time I aired-dryed it w/o the heat seal.
She said once you mix the capful and the conditioner together and apply it to the hair for 15-20 minutes (or longer), you comb through the wet hair and then rinse it out. Do not leave it in as tempting as that sounds.
Blow dry on the hot setting all crazy, upside, sideways, etc. to really get it penetrated, that seals it to your hair shaft.
Then you take your flat iron and finish sealing it in.
It is close to the directions on the BabyFace website, except for the crazy part.
You need only do it twice a month. I just put it in and then rinsed it out after the 20 minutes. I then let my hair mostly air dry and put it on big velco rollers so it had lots of volumne. It still turned out thicker but it was very 60ish Bardot hair for sure! Hubby loved and so did my hairdresser! Not sure how age appropriate it was for a 48 year old but it was fun!
Anyway, it is tough keeping your hair long at this age w/o breakage so I am super excited! Most days I airdry since I have curly hair but don't want to style it so it should have less frizz. I haven't tried that yet since I just came back from the highlights and couldn't wash for a day or two.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that, Annie.

Would you believe that I don't actually own any straightening irons! Laughing Must buy myself a pair.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I have one but do not use it that often. I just prefer to air dry it since I am more prone to breakage in my old age/menapausal state.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:51 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Yes, I have one but do not use it that often. I just prefer to air dry it since I am more prone to breakage in my old age/menapausal state.

Me, too, plus the fact that my hair is very dry and coloured/highlighted regularly. I'd be happy to use them for treatment products, though.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:56 am      Reply with quote
Well the highlights and lowlights get me too!
Yes, I am about to break it out once my stuff comes in. Since a small sample has done well for me so far, can't wait to try the whole process.
My ringlets have been pretty frizz free though and I just had highlights last week.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:55 am      Reply with quote
What a fun post to read! I have long, medium-thickness hair that is color-treated. I went onto Ebay and just ordered this after reading your testimonial. I plan on doing a few highights next month so I figure this treatment will help ensure my hair is strong before I put the bleach highlights in. Glad I didn't throw out my flat iron. Very Happy
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I am doing a full treatment today. Last time I did a quick treatment not using but a tiny sample and didn't do the follow up so I am really looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I tried the treatment using the blow dry and iron method and it didn't make a differance for this product for me. The air dry worked just as well last time and less damaging for my hair, but both ways makes it feel thicker since I have thinner hair now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:06 am      Reply with quote
sounds like a great product. I'm trying to grow my hair for a wedding in september, but the longer it grows the worse the split ends. How long do you need to use it for to see a real difference?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Annie, the full size product looks pretty small (1oz). How long (how many uses) do you think it will last you if you use a cap-full every two weeks?
Many thanks.
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:13 am      Reply with quote
The company product website says about 8-10. You only use a capful at a time.
I noticed a differance in my hair thickness the very first time I used it. Since my second, I have noticed more improvement, but I have really fine hair.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:46 am      Reply with quote
Wait, so are you saying that this treatment makes your pre-existing hair thicker or it makes new hair thicker? I find it questionable that it could make pre-existing hair thicker unless it uses some type of silicone
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I have long hair (to the middle of my back). It smooths my fine hair down and gives the appearance of thicker hair for me due to that fact. It feels thicker and looks healthier but not coated or tacky.
The liquid itself is very runny, not thick at all. That is mixed with your conditioner of choice.
When the new hair grows in and it is treated, it should not break as easy, enabling it to grow longer. Or that is my logic.
So for me, it it is working both ways in how I am using it now. Whether that is reality or just my perception, time will tell!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:43 am      Reply with quote
REally, Thanks for your info. I will try. As I get older, my hair got fuzzier and weaker.
AnnieR wrote:
I just ordered the full-sized product of the Pure Protein Collagen Hair Treatment/Reconstructor Keratin Repair
from BabyFace after trying and loving a sample.
It only took a tiny capful mixed with my conditioner and left in for 15-20 minutes to make my hair thicker, stronger and you only have to do it twice a month!
I have had a very expensive salon treatment but I have also tried the Garnier version of the blowout at home. I wanted something in between to make my hair look thicker but not lose my curls. I have had a lot of breakage and damage so I needed a treatment that would work to let me rebuild. Can't wait to pass this on to my DIL! Love, love, love!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:23 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR - do you just mix it in the palm of your hand or do you have to blend it really well with your conditioner?

This sounds like a product that I would find helpful. Thanks for posting.
JenJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I ordered this treatment on Wednesday and received it on Friday, so I did the process on Saturday.

If you've ever used Nexxus Emergency protein treatment, it's very similar in color and texture..but it's a bit "thinner".

You do use a clarifying or deep cleaning shampoo first to remove any build-up so that the protein can adhere to the hair shaft.

I poured a capful of the protein in a small bowl and added a couple tablespoons of a silicone-free conditioner. The directions don't say anything about using a silicone-free conditioner but it makes sense to me that you don't want silicones coating the shaft and impeding the protein from adhering.

I applied the mixture to my damp hair and combed through so that all layers were coated. I covered with a plastic cap and left on 45 minutes, then rinsed. I blew dry with the setting on high, but didn't follow through with the flat iron. My hair feels nice and has a bit more "heft" but I don't notice/see a huge difference. It's a nice treatment, and my hair does like protein, so I do protein treatments monthly anyway. Will this treatment replace my current favorite (Redken Deep Fuel)? Not sure yet, so I'll be curious to do my next treatment with the BabyFace one and will use the flat iron to see if makes a noticeable difference.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I mix my capful with conditioner and then comb through.
I have never used any of the other treatments, like the Redken. So for me with nothing to compare to, it did better than expected. I will also try the Redken and see how they stack up. Now that I know these treatments are out there and better than just the deep conditioners, I am in heaven.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:36 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl,

The BabyFace protein is a heavy duty protein, as is the Nexxus Emergencee and Redken Deep Fuel. Whenever you use a heavy duty protein, it's important to follow it with a moisturizing conditioner otherwise the protein can make your hair feel dry. A protein treatment is not a moisturizing treatment, so mixing the BabyFace protein with a moisturizing conditioner is basically take care of two birds with one stone. The Redken Deep Fuel is a deep protein and conditioning treatment in one-step as well.

If you over-do protein treatments without properly moisturizing your hair, your hair may become brittle, so these treatments aren't something you do daily or weekly. I may do them every 2-3 weeks if my hair needs it, otherwise I do once-a-month.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Good explanation. Yes, the label/directions say once every 14 days.
My hair just looks and feels thicker and I have gotten a few comments/compliments about it. My 3 year old niece said "Aunt Ann, YOUR HAIR! It's just so crazy. It's just like a lion". Haha.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
JenJ wrote:
GirlieGirl,

The BabyFace protein is a heavy duty protein, as is the Nexxus Emergencee and Redken Deep Fuel. Whenever you use a heavy duty protein, it's important to follow it with a moisturizing conditioner otherwise the protein can make your hair feel dry. A protein treatment is not a moisturizing treatment, so mixing the BabyFace protein with a moisturizing conditioner is basically take care of two birds with one stone. The Redken Deep Fuel is a deep protein and conditioning treatment in one-step as well.

If you over-do protein treatments without properly moisturizing your hair, your hair may become brittle, so these treatments aren't something you do daily or weekly. I may do them every 2-3 weeks if my hair needs it, otherwise I do once-a-month.

Thanks Jen. I do realize its not for daily use. I currently do protein treatments once a month and always follow with a deep conditioner. Its would be nice to make it a 1 step process.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |