Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Confused with sequence of applying products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi. I need help in figuring out the sequence of my skin regime.I am 32 with somewhat dry, but acne prone along the jaw line skin. I am trying to get rid of this very stubborn acne as well as work on skin tone, firmness and small wrinkles. Right now my regime looks like that:
La Roche Posey Cleanser
Avene K (AHA+BHA) cream to combat this acne
My skin feels very tight and dry after so I try to put on RevaleSkin Day cream w SPF on top but do I have to wait for AHA and BHA to "start working" before I add anything on top of it? Also, I want to incorporate Retinol as well as Vit C+FER in my regime. How do I do that?
Thanks a lot!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi feya, you would use the CE Ferulic after you cleanse your face and it is completely dry. Then wait about 15 minutes and apply the Avene, then the Revale. I think you should use a stronger SPF over the AHA/BHA product though. I'm not sure that the Revale will give you enough protection. The retinol you could use at night after cleansing.
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Jom, Thank you so much for your answer! Do I have to wait between Avene and Revale applications? Also, I chose Revale because of coffeeberry antioxidants, should I just skip it all together for now and use stronger sunscreen instead? It just feels like sooooooo much stuff on my face. Confused
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
feya wrote:
Jom, Thank you so much for your answer! Do I have to wait between Avene and Revale applications? Also, I chose Revale because of coffeeberry antioxidants, should I just skip it all together for now and use stronger sunscreen instead? It just feels like sooooooo much stuff on my face. Confused

You don't have to wait between the Avene and Revale. If you can stand it, it would be good to use the Revale then sunscreen but you can skip it and just use sunscreen. You might want to find a sunscreen that is somewhat moisturizing and contains antioxidants.
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again! Any suggestions on the ss? I just feel like all these products will make me breakout more and not other way around...I guess I will have to try and see...
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
feya wrote:
Thanks again! Any suggestions on the ss? I just feel like all these products will make me breakout more and not other way around...I guess I will have to try and see...

I just looked at the ingredients of the Revale product you are using and it contains oxtinate which is a questionable chemical sunscreen so on second thought I don't think you should use it. I use and love Dermaquest SPF30 with zinclear http://skincarerx.com/DermaQuest-Skin-Therapy--ZinClear-SPF-30.html (you can get a 20% discount from that online store if you use code MUA20). A less expensive alternative is Burnout Clean and Clear. I like that one too. I don't have problems with acne so I can't speak to how those products would work for someone with acne. But, both of those products have antioxidants and are somewhat moisturizing so you could just use your Avene than put the sunscreen on over it.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:37 am      Reply with quote
My suggestion is:

after cleansing--> Vit C+FER (wait 5mins) --> Retinol (if it is a gel texture) (wait couple minute) --> Avene K (AHA+BHA) cream

or

After cleansing --> Vit C+FER (wait 5min) --> Avene K (AHA+BHA) cream (wait couple minute) --> Retinal (if it is a cream texture)
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Jom, thank you for the suggestions. I will have to try those ss. I was thinking of putting Revale Night cream instead and then ss on top. Cause I am not too impressed with their day cream.
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Quineelau718, thank you for the reply. You are talking about pm, right? I don't think it's a good idea to use retinol in am, together with vit c and aha/bha.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:20 am      Reply with quote
feya wrote:
Jom, thank you for the suggestions. I will have to try those ss. I was thinking of putting Revale Night cream instead and then ss on top. Cause I am not too impressed with their day cream.

Devita Protective Moisturizer SPF 30 is another good sunscreen alternative!
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, RussianSunshine, will have to try it. Wonder if i can buy a sample of it?
How about LaRoche-Posay ss? It has good reviews and its available here in SD. Have you tried it?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
feya wrote:

If you really want to use the Revale products the serum is good and would be somewhat moisturizing. I imagine the night cream would be heavier than the serum so you might like the serum better and I think the serum has the highest concentration of the coffeeberry.
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Well, the thing is, I already have both day and night creams, and i do like a night cream, not so fond of the day one though. So I guess I will try it with the night one, and ss on top. It is weird, but the day one seems heavier then the night one... Confused
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
feya wrote:
Well, the thing is, I already have both day and night creams, and i do like a night cream, not so fond of the day one though. So I guess I will try it with the night one, and ss on top. It is weird, but the day one seems heavier then the night one... Confused

Sounds like a plan! Good Luck! Smile
feya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:26 am      Reply with quote
All right, now I am confused re ss. Which one is better, mineral or physical one? I got Lise Watier mineral one, it does not feel greasy, but it has alumina as a last ingredient, and I just noticed it. I guess , off to the better one...
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |