Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin-Minus serum. Loaded with actives and I love it.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this as part of the AgeOff program, which consists of nutricosmetics/nutraceuticals formulated to retard aging at the DNA level, improve lean body composition, and increase Collagen III expression. The Skin-Minus® product is a topical. I wanted to go on the whole program just to see how everything played together. While you could, technically, make up a similar formulation using DIY actives, the whole hoo-ha associated with this can be a PITA and I think it would cost over $200. This is ready made, using highest quality actives, and is surprisingly well priced.

The product is a transparent liquid with gel-like quality. It comes in a convenient and easy-to-use 1 oz/30 ml pump dispenser. It is to be used twice a day, morning and night after washing and before moisturizing.

The formulation includes sodium hyaluronate—which has a smaller molecular size than hyaluronic acid thereby increasing penetration, and niacinamide, which decreases melanin synthesis and therefore hyperpigmetation, acts as an anti-inflammatory and increases synthesis of collagen. Niacinamide also prevents immunosuppression caused by UV radiation, reducing the likelihood of skin cancers. It also contains amino acid peptides to stimulate collagen and elastin production (see below).

There are four different patented combinations within the one Skin-Minus® formulation. These are called Skin-Minus® wrinkle subtraction technology, Nutriderm® skin nourishing plant complex, HydroxyDERM® AHA complex and D-Fend® age related free-radical neutralizing complex.
Here are the ingredients of each of those:

Skin-Minus®: Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Dipeptide-2, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-3, Rice Peptides (Hydrolyzed Rice Protein).

So basically, here we have skin-signalling peptides that we hope will do as the studies say they do and help regenerate collagen and elastin within the dermis, as well as hesperidin to reduce dark circles under the eyes. The concentration is high.

Nutriderm® skin nourishing plant complex: Imperata cylidrica root extract, Echinacea angustifolia, Vaccinium myrtillus extract, Saccharum officinarum, Salix alba, Acer saccharinum, Zingiber officinale, Aloe barbadensis, Chamomilla recutita, Cucumis rativa, Algae.

Here we have plant substances that act as moisturizers, antioxidants, soothers, astringent/tonics and antiinflammatories. One, Acer saccharinum, is a keratolytic agent, meaning it mildly exfoliates and smooths the skin, breaking down the surface keratin to a degree so that moisturizers and other ingredients can better penetrate. The algae include astaxanthin, which has been shown to exert a powerful antioxidant effect and is finding its way into a number of top-of-the-line skincare products.

HydroxyDERM™ (AHA Complex) Citrus aurantium dulcis (orange), Citrus medica limonum Glycolic Acid (lemon), Lactic Acid, Malic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Galactorabinan.

Lots of plant derived, non-physicalexfoliants here, to generate cell turnover. Larch galactorabinan is a great moisturizer, drawing and holding water to the skin.

D-FEND™ (Age Related Free-Radical Neutralization Complex) Resveratrol, Coenzyme Q-10, Camellia sinensis leaf extract, Vitis vinifera.

These are antioxidants of course, including those from grape and green tea. They use the purest form of EGCG from green tea with enhanced absorption and resveratrol from grape skins. (By the way, I use my AALS or BQ after applying the serum. The sodium hyaluronate and pure green tea makes it perfect for use with these lights.)

Skin-Minus contains a wealth of actives, which perform a number of functions including protecting the skin against free radical action, moisturization, exfoliation, collagen enhancement, quelling inflammation, and reduction of hyperpigmentation.

Non-actives include aqua (water), the preservative phenoxyethanol (often used in lieu of parabens. However, there are concerns for the use of this one as well. Unlike parabens, it doesn’t produce formaldehyde when combined with certain other ingredients, but it scores a moderate risk hazard on the Cosmetic Database. Finding an effective preservative with no safety concerns at all remains a challenge. I see Phenoxyethanol recently found its way into Source Naturals DMAE Cream, which is a real surprise.) Carbomer—a stabilizer and viscosity-increasing agent— and Sodium Hydroxide—a buffering agent— have also been added to the formula). There is also “natural fragrance” but it’s hardly noticeable given the small amount you use.

I’ve been using Skin-Minus® for six weeks. I didn’t have wrinkles or sagging to any degree to begin with but the pores around my nose were visible. Since using this product, they are less visible (I’m assuming due to the exfoliative effect). My skin is taut and moist-looking. I sometimes use a moisturizing cream over Skin-Minus at night and SA Bright-I as well (but just around the eyes, and only because I am used to the more emollient products at night). In the morning, I use a sunscreen over it. The great thing is that I haven’t exfoliated in over a month, yet my skin is very clear and looks as if it has been well exfoliated.

The product is very well priced at $44.95 ($34.95 if you use the auto-shipping program). They also have a 3-unit multi-pack offer for $119.95. For best results, I’d use with the AgeOff supplement, which addresses aging from the inside with some impressive science behind it. (I’ve written about that on the blog.)
So I’m hoping to look 35 again in six months or so… Laughing Laughing Laughing

Please note that the use of any product containing niacinamide is contraindicated for people with Parkinson’s Disease.

I feel exhausted after typing this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Whoops, I went past the edit time. I guess I should have mentioned the manufacturer - Nuvocare Health Sciences.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:01 am      Reply with quote
where can i buy it from ??
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Antonia, I tried to purchase the Age Off supplements at the special rate advertised on your website. The rate cannot be applied to orders shipping to the US. I clicked on the US flag and the discount was taken away. I tried several times.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:07 am      Reply with quote
They also don't ship internationally.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:34 am      Reply with quote
They do ship internationally, the discount still applies, and it also applies to the US. I am going to PM Keliu and Packrat because I can't discuss shipping on this public forum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
They do ship internationally, the discount still applies, and it also applies to the US. I am going to PM Keliu and Packrat because I can't discuss shipping on this public forum.

Thanks Antonia, I received your PM. Why can't the shipping be discussed on a public Forum? Seems strange. If they want people to buy their product they should make the ordering process easy for everyone. On their website it says they only ship to the US and Canada.

I'm still on the fence about this because the shipping fees are a bit expensive - but I'll be interested to see what the serum does for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I should let them know that people don't think they ship to Australia. Shipping prices are crazy from Canada. It's because we have such a small population. It's working well for me. Nice and convenient to use as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Can I ask how much is shipping to Australia?
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Bermie2 wrote:
Can I ask how much is shipping to Australia?

PM'd you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:18 am      Reply with quote
It is $29 but that is for the AgeOff, which may be heavier. I'll ask the company today and post. (It's only company reps who shouldn't discuss shipping and what-not, so, since I'm not associated with Nuvocare, I can do so here. The other situation related to Love That White Smile, and I am going to be blogging for them so therefore associated.) Sorry to confuse everyone there.

Back to topic. Back soon with shipping to Oz charges Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Yes, $29 it is, and apparently, this is with the company subsidizing it. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia, In your opinion is this product better for one skin type over another?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sis,

I wouldn't say so. It goes under moisturizer, whch means you can use it on dry or normal/oily skin. I use it without moisturizer on and around my nose and with everywhere else.

Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering if people are still liking this and how it is working out for you? TIA!
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:41 am      Reply with quote
I changed up to The Ageoff serum but I didn't see any difference in products so I will be returning to SkinMinus Either product is wonderful SkinMinus is cheaper and I love what It has done for my skin,in the long run for fine lines,discoloration,hydration. Instantly made my skin look radient,plump and jucy firm. Love,love,love it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Love it too!
Panic if I run out.
Shipping a night mare to Austalia by regular mail so pay lots to get expediated shipping.
Ryan the CEO of Ageoff is so helpful

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
Love it too!
Panic if I run out.
Shipping a night mare to Austalia by regular mail so pay lots to get expediated shipping.
Ryan the CEO of Ageoff is so helpful

Kate - where are you purchasing from. I can only find one site which ships to Australia and the shipping (ordinary rate) is $69.00!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu I had huge trouble the first time I ordered the woman couldn't understand English and got my address wrong. Then we tried again and it never came so I emailed the CEO of the company Ryann Foley and dealt with him directly. He sent more out then the orginal order came 2 months later then his order camd 2 months later! It was maddening.
So I asked it he could do DHL and the quote for 3 bottles was $160!
In the end I just ordered lots of stuff 3 skin actives; 3 of the Ageoff and the DNA and the sleep caps and it camd to 130 using Canada post expediated shipping. It took a week to get here but worth it!
Ill email you Ryan address and you can ask him what to do!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
Keliu I had huge trouble the first time I ordered the woman couldn't understand English and got my address wrong. Then we tried again and it never came so I emailed the CEO of the company Ryann Foley and dealt with him directly. He sent more out then the orginal order came 2 months later then his order camd 2 months later! It was maddening.
So I asked it he could do DHL and the quote for 3 bottles was $160!
In the end I just ordered lots of stuff 3 skin actives; 3 of the Ageoff and the DNA and the sleep caps and it camd to 130 using Canada post expediated shipping. It took a week to get here but worth it!
Ill email you Ryan address and you can ask him what to do!

Thanks! This is one of those issues I get on my soapbox about. I can't understand why companies promote their products on the www and then won't ship internationally or charge exorbitant prices for doing so. It's just not good business.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:47 am      Reply with quote
This is another product I would be interested in trying if I could get it!!

Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:05 am      Reply with quote
The shipping outside of North America looks semi-reasonable on this site depending on how heavy Skin Minus is and on which option you select:

Shipping Information
http://www.feelgoodnatural.com/shipping.3.php

( http://www.feelgoodnatural.com/health-food/Skin-Minus-Youth-Signalling-Serum-30-ml/PURITY613130 )

Not sure though!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
The shipping outside of North America looks semi-reasonable on this site depending on how heavy Skin Minus is and on which option you select:

Shipping Information
http://www.feelgoodnatural.com/shipping.3.php

( http://www.feelgoodnatural.com/health-food/Skin-Minus-Youth-Signalling-Serum-30-ml/PURITY613130 )

Not sure though!

AIRMAIL SHIPPING TO AUSTRALIA IS $8.49!!!!!

Thank you Havana - you've come to the rescue again!! I spent hours on the internet last night trying to find a supplier and didn't find this site. I'll definitely be ordering from here, thanks again!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Wowser that's amazing!
6-10 days $16.00

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for this info Havana!! much appreciated..

Now I can try it!!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |