Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

AHA Recommendations please:)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I live in the uk and have been searching for a AHA product, I am confused by the different strengths and makes.
I am using retin A 0.25% everyother night and am getting some flakiness, in the morning I dry brush everywhere inc face, use my vaculifter, have a shower (would it be overkill to use my clarisonic like brush in the shower?) I dont want to over exfoliate so I would like to know how often I should dry brush my face and use the clarisonic.
I then after my shower put on my kassies c serum, I have been advised that putting a good AHA on before the c serum would bring it all together nicely, so my questions are Which makes? (without parabens)which strengths?
thankyou

helen Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:24 am      Reply with quote
Helen

There is a company in the UK called Bravura who do all this sort of stuff, you might want to check their website for advice.

Kind Regards
Zel
helenjean
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
thankyou zelda
i went and bought some origins brighter then nature peel pads, you use twice a week, it claims to be the equivilant of a 30% glycolcic peel, has anyone tried this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:54 am      Reply with quote
helenjean wrote:
Hi
I live in the uk and have been searching for a AHA product, I am confused by the different strengths and makes.
I am using retin A 0.25% everyother night and am getting some flakiness, in the morning I dry brush everywhere inc face, use my vaculifter, have a shower (would it be overkill to use my clarisonic like brush in the shower?) I dont want to over exfoliate so I would like to know how often I should dry brush my face and use the clarisonic.
I then after my shower put on my kassies c serum, I have been advised that putting a good AHA on before the c serum would bring it all together nicely, so my questions are Which makes? (without parabens)which strengths?
thankyou

helen Very Happy

I would not dry brush your face and then use the clarisonic type brush in the same day or morning.

Are you using a good sunscreen in the am? Always important but especially when using chemical exfoliates.

AHA exfoliates the top level of skin (BHA within the pore). AHA seems to enhance most other treatment products.

I have PC AHA gel 8%. I am in Canada and I am not sure if this is a good option for UK (with shipping costs).

I also have a very mild AHA product from a skin care company called Silk Naturals. It contains lactic acid and I actually prefer this over the PC. I use it like a toner. You can purchase samples and her international shipping is reasonable.

http://host.silknaturals.com/creb/8-aha-toner-p-821.html

I have purchased from Silk Naturals many times and will repurchase this again soon. My bottle is almost empty. She always has free GWP with purchase over $10.00. I love MMU. Great customer service. I am not affilated; just a regular customer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
Thankyou for your reply, I have hardly been using the clarisonic brush, mine isn't the clarisonic but it feels too abrasive on my skin. I have been using sunscreen because I also use retin a everyother night, I have just ordered the aha toner from the website you recomended. Luckily the product is cheap because shipping was the same price 8 dollars. I will contact customer service to see if the

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry using iPhone and wouldn't let me type anymore, as I was saying I will contact customer service to see if I order more next time they could do shipping cheaper. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
helenjean wrote:
Hi
Thankyou for your reply, I have hardly been using the clarisonic brush, mine isn't the clarisonic but it feels too abrasive on my skin. I have been using sunscreen because I also use retin a everyother night, I have just ordered the aha toner from the website you recomended. Luckily the product is cheap because shipping was the same price 8 dollars. I will contact customer service to see if the

Silk Naturals shipping costs is based on weight. I tend to keep putting things in the cart and exchanging, etc.
I also try to get to $30.00 so I can pick another eye shadow. Most of the mineral makeup, lippies, etc. weigh very little. Products with a bottle/fluid, etc. have a higher shipping cost.

Free shipping is at $125.00. Maybe do a group order?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I used the NeoStrata Lotion Plus AHA 15
This product is great.but I think the acid products that can improve the skin, but for a short time use。
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the NeoStrata Lotion Plus AHA 15
my skin gets lighter after the treatment . I think the acid products that can improve the skin, but for a short time with
So I don't use now
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it yet, but the alpha hydrox souffle has gotten a lot of good reviews on mua. I'll be testing it out tomorrow so I'll come back with a better review of it
jullietas

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Did any body tried chem peel by Glymed? Any suggestions? Thank you.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |