Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

microdermabrasion machines
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
digydoo

Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know what brand name microdermabrasion machines are good and reliable? I found one online and not sure if it is any good.

The Nova NV-Q605 6 in 1 Diamond Machine I found on Amazon, but unsure about its reputation.
digydoo

Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone heard of the Sylvan Microdermabrasion company?
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have Nova NV 60. (It isn't "6 in 1".)
I've had it for about 3 yrs. now. It's a very good machine and I recommend it. Smile

Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:09 am      Reply with quote
thank you, may I ask where you got yours?
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
For the life of me I cannot remember where I got it. Embarassed Rolling Eyes I probably got it from an ebay seller or perhaps Bellair Ind. I think I paid somewhere around $250...just can't remember. I'm REALLY sorry I'm not being more helpful.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, your reply was very helpful. Is it a powerful machine? I am not an esthetician, but I want something a bit more powerful than what the market offers the consumer.

I was just unsure about buying something for so much and then being stuck with something that was garbage and it is so hard to find any info on that brand online.

Thank you.
bunnyman
5% products discount

Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a diamond Microdermabrasion tool on Ebay called the Dermaldiamond. It was only $90 and performs like a diamond microdermabrasion machine without the suction. I am very happy with it and would recommend the Dermaldiamond if you don't want to spend a lot.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:09 am      Reply with quote
My machine IS powerful. I used to get professional microderms regularly and this machine compares favorably to the one at the doc's office. It may not be quite as powerful, but it absolutely gives a very good microderm. Smile

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I hope this is not the "Nova" Microdermabrasion machine you are referring to:
NV-900A I bought from Ebay (I am unable to post a link to it)

I bought this piece of scrap metal for $1800.00 Euros and it doesn't work at all!! The diamond heads are such poor quality (2 uses and they are flattened) and the crystals are even worse. What's even more frustrating is the suction can hardly pick up a bread crumb.

Oh and the ever-so-eloquent "Instruction Manual" is 1 page document that basically reads (in large, bold print...) "Put piece on, plug in, turn power on".
I learned my lesson. If it looks like junk, then more than likely it is. I would throw it over my balcony if it wasn't so darn heavy!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:06 am      Reply with quote
http://skincarerx.com/personal-microderm.html

Check that one out. It was on The Doctors and the reviews on there all seem to say it works really well. And you definitely don't have to fork out $1800
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:39 am      Reply with quote
http://www.amazon.com/Nova-NV60-Diamond-Microdermabrasion-machine/dp/B001C82DQI

Here's the link to the one I have. I don't think I bought it on Amazon.com though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I've had this bookmarked for a while http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200326553214&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT recommended on EDS somewhere a few months ago.

It has suction/spray too. There's a "new" Nova up for auction right now on ebay US Smile

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
SpaGeel

Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:46 am      Reply with quote
to oasisjc :

Thank you for posting this. It looks good, portable, light-weight and the replacement discs are very inexpensive. Smile
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
SpaGeel wrote:
to oasisjc :

Thank you for posting this. It looks good, portable, light-weight and the replacement discs are very inexpensive. Smile

No problem Smile Please come back and tell us what you think about it. I'd like to try it out as well, but I just recently got the Clarisonic so I'm testing that out first :P
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
I've had this bookmarked for a while http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200326553214&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT recommended on EDS somewhere a few months ago.

It has suction/spray too. There's a "new" Nova up for auction right now on ebay US Smile
As I seem to be eternally combating the flakies, I caved in and bought the 3in1 machine. Bear in mind I haven't had a professional microderm, but I'll report back if anyone's interested in this one.

Had to hunt to find the recommendation, but echoecho (thank you) talks about this model here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6391469&highlight=microdermabrasion#6391469

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
digydoo

Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:52 am      Reply with quote
ljk, I would love to hear your experience with the machine you purchased.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:34 am      Reply with quote
More than happy to!

I should point out that I read through the ebay Feedback for the 3in1, and overall, they seemed delighted with it.

Apparently the tips can be used 500 times (just got a reply in Chinglish from the seller Laughing though they sell replacements for $99 which is a little pricey; there are cheaper options, and for filters). http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/9-TIPS-100pcs-COTTON-FILTER-DIAMOND-MICRODERMABRASION-/260737432113?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item3cb5297a31 think they're the right tips! Also x 1000 packs of filters too; two sizes - one goes in the tip, the other at the machine.

Wondering if the spray option would be good as an additional OCM tool as it says you can use essential oils/scented water/lotion.

digydoo

Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I found one on ebay NEW NOVA NV-07A 3 FUNCTION MICRODERMABRASION SYSTEM NEW 3-in-1 DIAMOND MICRODERMABRASION SKIN PEEL MACHINE* HOT/COLD, ULTRASONIC, 2 WANDS/9 TIPS - FREE SHIPPING sold by beyondsales2007 ( I could not post link). The seller has awesome feedback and they say they are an authorized seller of the machine. I am a bit nervous about sinking close to $400.00 into something I have never heard about nor can I find many reviews about. I am wondering if I should just stick with the Timepeel machine.
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Dermanew Facial Rejuvenation System
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:44 am      Reply with quote
beautyrose wrote:
Dermanew Facial Rejuvenation System

Is that really a microdermabrasion tool though? I thought it was just similar to the clarisonic
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I've got a Dermanew face and body kit, and I'd say it's similar to this: Neutrogena Pureglow Microdermabrasion Kit http://www.isisfragrancebeauty.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/ISISfragrance/_18502 (flat sponge head). The newer version is called Healthy Skin Rejuvenator.

Can't say I was that impressed with either!

ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
http://skincarerx.com/personal-microderm.html

Check that one out. It was on The Doctors and the reviews on there all seem to say it works really well. And you definitely don't have to fork out $1800
Here's a balanced review of the Personal Microderm. I read elsewhere that one reviewer reckoned the discs only last once, rather than the 3 times quoted, but can't confirm that. http://www.mardiros.net/skin/personal-microderm-kit.html

Tea
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I really think suction is as important as abrasion. The few times I had had professional dermabrasion my skin was softer, yes, but my skin also plumped up a bit and it lasted for a long time. Perhaps it was the combination of the two actions. Did anyone else notice this?
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
ljk wrote:

As I seem to be eternally combating the flakies, I caved in and bought the 3in1 machine. Bear in mind I haven't had a professional microderm, but I'll report back if anyone's interested in this one.

Had to hunt to find the recommendation, but echoecho (thank you) talks about this model here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6391469&highlight=microdermabrasion#6391469
I've had this in a box for a few days, hadn't had the chance to try it out! Took 12 days, which isn't bad to the UK.

Haven't had a salon microderm so can't compare, but I thought the suction, even on full, was quite weak (or maybe it's because I usually use super-sucky Vaculifts? Embarassed). Went slowly and used a few diamond tips. My face looks pink (neck pretty normal). Put some CP Serum on to finish.

I'll see how I look after 6+ treatments. Not sure "scratching" will do much for my skin texture!

Tea
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
The professional dermabrasion that I had 5 or so years ago used corundum crystals that pummelled my skin. A vacuum sucked up the debris at the end. Agree that the diamond tips may not be as effective. Is it the norm now? Are corundum crystals still used? At any rate, the suction in the 3 in 1 suits me. Am using at 1/4 to 1/3 power and it is more than sufficient. Quite pleased!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |