Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone had scar excisions done on Chicken pox scars?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Just a week ago, I had 2 scar excisions done on chicken pox scars on my face. I get the stiches out tommorrow, but I'm concerned about the aftercare.

Has anyone had this procedure done? If so, could you please share what steps you took to get your skin as scar free as possible.

Would silicone sheets be helpful? Any advice would help. Thanks.
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thought I'd update what has happened. I got the stitches out yesterday, the areas are pink in tone and a bit raised.

I'm currently applying Neosporin to the areas. Thinking about applying silicone sheeting on the areas either tonight or starting tomm.

Had a question for those who may have used silicone sheeting for scars? Did you notice results on scars? How soon? I've read reviews on silicone sheets on different sites, but wondering if people on here had any success...

This seems like a new topic because I searched for this type of treatment on this forum to no avail.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I've used silicone sheets for a surgical scar with little results. But, the scar did heal fine, no infection, and not raised.

But, since that time, I've discovered copper peptides and that product might help your scar heal nicely.

Just using the Neosporin and keeping it moist and germ free for the first few weeks will help a lot too.

CPs were first used for 'scarless' healing of wounds (like a diabetic wound)and they would be a good thing to look into for your surgical scar. I'm sure it will heal fine using just the Neosporin, but the CPs might help them heal a little nicer.

You can find out about CPs from Skin Biology (the mfg'r) and other places sell them too like EDS, NCN Skincare and Diana Yvonne.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Foxe for the response. I'm going to continue with the Neosporin and see what happens. I had 2 depressed scars that were excised, and of course now they are pink and a little raised. It beats having noticeable depressed pock marks.

However, I did notice people on here rave about CPs. I had been researching it, but wasn't sure if it would be appropriate for my skin.

Thank you for your recommendation. I just placed an order for a CP kit and some Emu Oil. I will probably start this kit once it arrives. Do you think that would be too soon since I had the stitches removed yesterday? My wounds are closed, no bleeding or anything. It will probably take a week for me to receive the products.

Please feel free to chime in. I haven't a clue to CPs since I've never used CP products. Thank you for your recs and advice. I better read up on CPs on this forum. Thanks.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't use it too early, but by the time you get the scar kit, it should be OK to start. It can help with inflammation and should help your skin heal without excess scar tissue. How thick or wide your scar is will depend on the skill of your surgeon (and your healing capabilities).

Good luck.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have a big indented scar underneath my right eye, have always ignored it.... don't quote me but I think it may be dissolving from 9 months of using copper peptide serum! I also have recently done 2 15% TCA peels.
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Foxe~ I've been reading the CP thread and you really know what your talking about...I was wondering if you could help me out. Smile I'm a bit confused. I received my Scar Red Kit from SB. It came with Super CP serum, LacSal, Exfol Cream, and Super Cop 2x, and I got EMU oil.

I wanted to run this by you before I started this regimen. I would be spot treating the recent surgical scars.

During the day: Lacsal and then sunscreen.

At Night: EMU oil and then Super CP serum (diluted 1 drop Super CP serum to 4 drops water) Would this be strong enough for the scars? Or could I do without the EMU oil on the scars before applying Super CP serum?

I'm confused at this point between the SB forum and this forum. I also noticed some people saying they put on the SuperCop 2x on scars. Would that be too strong at this poin on the scars? I want to start this regimen early since my scars are new.

Thank you for your help, advice, and suggestions. They are much appreciated
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Don't use the SC2X just yet. Your wound is still too new. You can use it later, but let the regular CP get it in a healthier state first.

If you're diluting the serum, you do not have to use the emu oil first. That is just an alternate way to dilute or buffer the CP. You might even want to put the CP on the scar itself full strength and dilute it for the rest of your face (if you use it there).

Using LacSal and SS in the morning is fine. But give the LacSal at least 20 or 30 minutes after applying to rest before putting anything else on top. An exfoliator needs that long to do it's job.

The nice thing about the 2nd generation CPs (which Super CP and SC2X are part of ) is that they are strong enough to be used in conjunction w/ hydroxy acids and not break down like the 1st generation CPs did. If you wanted to, you could use the LacSal at night after cleansing, then leave it for 20 minutes and then apply your Super CP or SC2X. That might speed up your morning for you a bit.

Now, you might ask - what to do w/ the emu oil? The emu can be used on top of CPs to help push them in. They are also nice moisturizers for people w/ dry skin.
For you, you can top your CPs w/ it in your night time routine. But, I wouldn't do it until your skin is use to the CPs first. Super CP is pretty strong and you skin will take a little time to get use to it. Maybe wait a month or so.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Foxe for the advice! I really do appreciate it. I will be trying these steps starting tonight.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |