Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
ultraceuticals
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
minky
5% products discount

Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Have you heard about ultraceuticals? This is clinically proven and Australian made professional skincare. Many of Austalia & New zealand beauty therapy sell & use ultraceutical to their customers. And skin clinique recommends these products. I use "antioxidant daily moistiriser with spf 30+" in the morning. This voted for New woman Austrlian product of the year and best suncare product 2000 winner. My mom, sisters,grandmother,&friends use this and they love this cream. I hope I can see ultraceuticals in EDS. They have "ultra c treatment cream". I didn't try it. It contains microfined 23% pure vitamine C. Do you think this will be good for acne scar (red&brown scar)? Which one is better this 23% vitamine C cream or Dermalogica brightening system? I tried Phyto+ for 3 months. It's good but my skin was not dramatically improved. I want to try different product. It's hard to decide. "Magda & Casper mom, Can you help me??" And can you consider Ultraceuticals in EDS??
Mabsy

Tue Aug 19, 2003 1:13 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure about the 'clinically proven' claims but Ultraceuticals makes nice products. I've also got the Antioxidant SPF30+ moisturiser (with green tea extract). It is nice though I find that it is a bit sticky, especially if you try to use Bare Minerals powder over it. When I use it I try to use it on days when I use a normal liquid foundation.

I have tried the 23% vit C cream (just in the shop, I didn't purchase) and found that it's a thick gooey cream very similar in consistency (in my opinion) to the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream. It's not something that I would use every night and I think such a high concentration of vitamin C might actually be too strong for me. I was very impressed with Skinceuticals Serum 10 though, an equivalent to the Ultraceuticals Vit C serum product with 10% vit C.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I haven't really been impressed with any of the Ultraceuticals products except for the Antioxidant Sunscreen SPF30. I recently did a Diploma in Beauty Therapy and the college used this line. I think the formulation could be better- there's alot of alcohol and cheap urea as hydrators in alot of their products.

Therapists like this line because it is easy to use adn they can get the higher peel strengths. I do agree that the vitamin c line is inferior to something like Skinceuticals and Vivier. I found the C-Creams (Ultra and Sheer) have too much of silicone and dimethicone which just sits on your skin without sinking in.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry. Never heard of this. Crying or Very sad
Mabsy

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Ultra Sheer cream for at least a month now and I can't wait to finish it and move on to something else. I find that I do need a moisturizer over it but even gels followed by a very light sunblock tend to make this ball-up on the skin. Also, I'm not all that impressed with results. I know this is difficult to tell because I've just finished using a 20% EmerginC serum (which, incidentally, stung just a tiny little bit with each application) and maybe I was expecting miracles but somehow I don't really see the usual glow. This, of course, can be compounded by me being naughty in other ways e.g. not drinking enough water, and also having neglected my skin quite badly for a month or so while living in the US.

While the cream itself is not heavy and has a slight powdery feel to it once on, using this I realized that I much prefer my C products in a liquid base. Also, unfortunately, this cream tends to separate Sad It was fine for a few weeks. Then I had to go away for work for two weeks and didn't bring it with me. It just stood in the bathroom as per usual. Once I got back and squeezed out a bit, it was a combination of light yellow cream with brown water squirting out. So, it separated and oxidized. I drained the brown water and I'm still using the cream at the moment but I'm definitely not impressed given the price tag and won't be repurchasing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
I am not a fan of Ultraceuticals although I only tried a couple of their products. The 23% Vit C caused massive breakouts and the 20% Vit C really burned my skin even though I do not have sensitive skin. I also did not like the silicone feel. I am not sure how much silicone is in the product but it felt like quite a lot.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy and bushy for the review. Will stay away from this brand.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I am not a fan of Ultraceuticals although I only tried a couple of their products. The 23% Vit C caused massive breakouts and the 20% Vit C really burned my skin even though I do not have sensitive skin. I also did not like the silicone feel. I am not sure how much silicone is in the product but it felt like quite a lot.

I also had the same problems with the products. I really didn't like any of their moisturisers, serums or the cleansers. I actually want to try their new mineral foundation & bronzer, as I have heard good reviews. But I'm hoping it won't give me breakouts like their skincare did.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
They don't seem to have much colour selection which is my gripe with Ultraceuticals- especially the tinted Antioxidant SPF30 which is way too dark for anyone with fair to dark olive skin tone.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I actually went to a department store today to try the new Ultraceuticals mineral foundations, i.e. "Ultraceuticals Ultra Active Mineral Colour". I have to say I was quite impressed! Like I said previously I am not really a big fan of their products but this product seems to be reasonable. The only problem is there are only 4 shades (plus 1 bronzer), even though the 2nd shade "beige" suited my skin quite well, so I guess I don't really have any problems there. However it cost AU$45 & there isn't very much product in each compact, so I might just stick to my EM instead (which is also very good...& cheap too! Smile )
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |