Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Did I do the TCA peel correctly??!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
WearyAtlas
5% products discount

Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I do regularly 12.5%, 18%, 21% TCA. What I have noticed, the prep is the key. Retin-A one month prior, BHA 2 weeks prior, 2 days before application - nothing. Wash face with a sponge and soap, almost like dishwasher soap. (that soap gives me frosting all the time).
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to know if I am applying multiple layers of TCA, should I apply on the areas which have frosted on the previous layer/s or skip em?
NotMeNotYou
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
SoCalGal wrote:
I own an 8% TCA peel from MUAC but I'm too scared to try it.

I read a post elsewhere from a woman who got a 3rd degree burn - her face swelled up and turned red then brown then black and it took weeks for it to heal.

I'm afraid of that.

Also I get Keloid scars - does that mean my face will scar?

Please help if anyone knows the answers to this. I don't want to disfigure myself.

I got a first degree burn and hyper pigmentation from using a C serum! If you are scared, there may a good reason for it. Don't use it.

It concerns me deeply that very young women are reaching for TCA peels based on nothing more than their skin doesn't look like a models. Unless you are genetically pre-disposed for that kind of skin you won't find it in a bottle of
TCA. No matter how low the strength it's still an industrial chemical that your skin was never meant to be exposed to on a regular basis.

TCA use was developed by the dermatological community to treat specific skin ailments. It was never intended to be part of a skin care routine. I don't care how many people say it works for them I won't run the risk of putting this on my face at home.

Sadly, I do predict that in 15yrs time there will be a lot of people looking for a solution to the consequences of over-use of TCA. I am aware that TCA has been in safe medical use for decades. But how many medical patients are getting a TCA peel every 3 weeks for years on end? That usage of it has not been tested.

The other danger is that once someone has gotten used to a low concentration TCA peel they automatically reach for higher and higher concentrations. Either out of a misguided idea that it will produce better or faster results or because they think they've gotten immune to the lower strength variety. I know I am a lone voice in this, I guess only time will tell. In the meantime I won't be putting TCA on my skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:20 am      Reply with quote
NotMeNotYou wrote:
SoCalGal wrote:
I own an 8% TCA peel from MUAC but I'm too scared to try it.

I read a post elsewhere from a woman who got a 3rd degree burn - her face swelled up and turned red then brown then black and it took weeks for it to heal.

I'm afraid of that.

Also I get Keloid scars - does that mean my face will scar?

Please help if anyone knows the answers to this. I don't want to disfigure myself.

I got a first degree burn and hyper pigmentation from using a C serum! If you are scared, there may a good reason for it. Don't use it.

It concerns me deeply that very young women are reaching for TCA peels based on nothing more than their skin doesn't look like a models. Unless you are genetically pre-disposed for that kind of skin you won't find it in a bottle of
TCA. No matter how low the strength it's still an industrial chemical that your skin was never meant to be exposed to on a regular basis.

TCA use was developed by the dermatological community to treat specific skin ailments. It was never intended to be part of a skin care routine. I don't care how many people say it works for them I won't run the risk of putting this on my face at home.

Sadly, I do predict that in 15yrs time there will be a lot of people looking for a solution to the consequences of over-use of TCA. I am aware that TCA has been in safe medical use for decades. But how many medical patients are getting a TCA peel every 3 weeks for years on end? That usage of it has not been tested.

The other danger is that once someone has gotten used to a low concentration TCA peel they automatically reach for higher and higher concentrations. Either out of a misguided idea that it will produce better or faster results or because they think they've gotten immune to the lower strength variety. I know I am a lone voice in this, I guess only time will tell. In the meantime I won't be putting TCA on my skin.

Just the thought that you got 1st degree burn makes me shudder!
I will stick with lactic acid peel, but I do plan to order samples of TCA and others to give it a try.

I know it would not be a good idea to do a peel if your environment is very dry and it can get like this in the winter for me. I may have to wait until spring to try the stronger ones.
sai79
5% products discount

Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I just did my 5th or 6th glycolic acid peel (40%). There were these white bubbles all over my face when I neutralize it with water+baking soda. Is that normal? I got this baking soda yesterday, is that the reason??

TIA
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
sai79 wrote:
Hi,
I just did my 5th or 6th glycolic acid peel (40%). There were these white bubbles all over my face when I neutralize it with water+baking soda. Is that normal? I got this baking soda yesterday, is that the reason??

TIA

Have you watched it on YouTube? It is normal if you frost.
sai79
5% products discount

Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Oh..I thought frosting occurs before you neutralize the peel..
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
sai79 wrote:

Sorry I took so long to respond. Have you found it on YouTube?
sai79
5% products discount

Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
sai79 wrote:

Sorry I took so long to respond. Have you found it on YouTube?

Nopes Sad
bonton

Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:06 am      Reply with quote
I would stay away from Ebay all together...Unless you know the seller is reliable.Click on their selling history and look for peels. They could have sold 2000 pairs of shoes and just started on peels. I don't like the idea of untrained people mixing and diluting. How do you really know if its accurate? Is the first batch 10 x stronger than the batch that is at the bottom of the 8 month old gallon? But yet they both state the same percentage on the label. There have been sellers on ebay that were selling industrial grade metel cleaner as a peel. OMG.
Watch for advertised certificates. They don't issue them!! How would a lab or Doctor know what they are mixing in their basement. No Dr. is going to sign his name on a certificate on chemicals someone is mixing at home. That's malpractice on a Dr. end They could loose their licence.And even be sued.They are fake.
I personally only now buy from companies.Google their names. If there are unhappy customers trust me it will be on the internet.I think it's a better source than the BBB. You can google promo codes to get nice discounts. My first and last time I bought a peel on ebay...the seller had a lot
of good reviews and had a high number of sells. When I got it, it looked and smelled funny. I tossed it. When I actually clicked on the reviews of the seller. I saw most where from other products there were selling NOT peels.
You only get 1 face. I think it's it's best to spend a few more dollars and be safe.
It will cost you $$$$ in the long run
skinhelp
5% products discount

Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:50 am      Reply with quote
As a medical Esthetician, I have a lot of experience with all types of peels. TCA 15% generally will not penetrate deeply enough to really frost. If the skin does frost, do not apply more to the frosted areas! This percentage is very superficial but effective for minor imperfections. I recommend cleaning the skin with alcohol or acetone before the peel. I don't recommend using a fan brush because you cannot really control the amount being applied. I prefer a gauze pad because you want to apply the peel evenly and with some good pressure. You do not need to rinse the face at all with TCA. It is self neutralizing. In fact, I apply the peel and the client leaves with the peel on and is instructed not to wash the face for 24 hours. Any moisturizer or topicals applied immediately after will interrupt the wound healing cycle and will result in a less potent peel. Please note that all other types of peels must be neutralized. Lastly, please be very careful applying any type of peel on dark or ethnic skin to due the possibility of hyper-pigmentation. The less is better rule applies here. Always use a very low concentration on darker skin with any type peel to avoid skin darkening.

There are several factors affecting the results of chemical peels. These include how the skin is prepped, is the skin oily or dry, sensitive, thick or thin, Retin-A use, allergies, how heavy the peel is applied etc.

Please use caution with all types of peels. It takes training and practice to be able to judge how the skin reacts.
bonton

Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:49 am      Reply with quote
I would stay away from Ebay all together...but if you choice to..Click on their selling history and look for peels. They could have sold 2000 pairs of shoes and just started on peels. I don't like the idea of untrained people mixing and diluting. How do you really know if its accurate? Is the first batch 10 x stronger than the batch that is at the bottom of the 8 month old gallon? But yet they both state the same percentage on the label. There have been sellers on ebay that were selling industrial grade metel cleaner as a peel. OMG.
Watch for advertised certificates. They don't issue them!! How would a lab or Doctor know what they are mixing in their basement. No Dr. is going to sign his name on a certificate on chemicals someone is mixing at home. That's malpractice on a Dr. end They could loose their licence.And even be sued.They are fake.
I personally only now buy from companies.Google their names. If there are unhappy customers trust me it will be on the internet.I think it's a better source than the BBB. You can google promo codes to get nice discounts. My first and last time I bought a peel on ebay...the seller had a lot
of good reviews and had a high number of sells. When I got it, it looked and smelled funny. I tossed it. When I actually clicked on the reviews of the seller. I saw most where from other products there were selling NOT peels.
You only get 1 face. I think it's it's best to spend a few more dollars and be safe.
It will cost you $$$$ in the long run[/If you buy a bad peel.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |