Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Popular Japanese Skin Care 2005
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Emilee_ann_143
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. I'm new to this site. But anyways I heard about a popular skin care brand coming to the states called SK II and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on this brand. I am asian with fair skin; early 20's. i also have dry to normal skin(mildly acne prone). I've used noevir, dermalogica, laneige etc but not satisfied. I'm also open to advice on other popular skin care products. Thanks a bunch!
Very Happy
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
SK-II is really incredible, I tried their new cleansing oil and within 2 days, i've noticed a brighter and more radiant complexion Shock

http://www.skii.com/
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
SK-II is very famous brand of Japan.But not suitable for all skin type.Because its special ingredients cause acne pimple.
I have used SK-II several products before.They make my face soft and bright,but cause many whiteheads.
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 3:22 am      Reply with quote
SK-II is indeed rather popular in Japan and consider one of the those high-end skincare brands.

but not everyone is suitable to use this. it works wonders on some but nothing on the rest. and there are often news about their product in China that was being recall back. due to some unsuitable ingredients being found in the product.

these are some article that i have found:

http://english.china.com/zh_cn/business/news/11021613/20060916/13630019.html

5% products discount

Wed May 23, 2007 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting that rainbow. I was looking on ebay last night and wondered why the SK-II products were so inexpensive. I know that ebay prices are going to be less than store prices, but these are ridiculous. I also noticed most of the sellers are from Hong Kong and China, so now I'm wondering if they are selling the questionable products. I'm glad I resisted temptation and didn't hit that "buy it now" button.
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
saladgirl ~ i am glad that the article that i post is of some help. i think to be on the safe side, since we really dont know if those SK-II products that was sold online are really safe for usage. it would be best to get it from the counters at the departmental stores.

nowadays there are alot of irresponsible ebay seller who are selling fake or highly questionable products. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I used their products when I was about 26. Unluckily, I was irritated!
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 8:17 am      Reply with quote
chorally ~ oh dear.. that was bad! because their pdts are pretty pricey. which item did you used?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
i've heard good things about their serum - it's been recommended because the serum has the highest percentage of their active ingredient in it...

i've never tried it yet because it's so expensive. Confused

does it have a strong perfume smell? because i don't like that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I lived in Japan for 5 years and I can attest that Japanese women are skin-care crazy! There are so many Japanese products and SK-II is the top of the line. That said, I was never (I am caucasian) able to use Japanese products with any sucess. They were either too thick or clogged my pores or too perfumed. Japanese skin is VERY different from caucasian skin.

One thing I really did like were these little hydrating pads that you stick under your eyes to take away puffiness and crepiness. You can buy them anywhere in Japan and I loved using them on the airplane (my skin goes MAD when I fly.)
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
why i think sk2 is for the over 40's women? Embarassed
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, SK-II is marketed to women over 40. Probably because it is so expensive. a lot of SK-II products target melasma and freckles which are a problem fro older Japanese women.
jodd
5% products discount

Sat May 26, 2007 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Many said that their essence is great so I had a try with this expensive product. Unluckily, it irritated my skin. A few acne pimples appeared on my face after a week of using. Not sure this is the real cause.
BTW, SK-II is my sister's HG skincare. She really loves it!
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
rainbow_listic wrote:
chorally ~ oh dear.. that was bad! because their pdts are pretty pricey. which item did you used?

Hi, rainbow, I used the treatment essence.
Anyway, I don't use this brand any more! Confused
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
their essence smell strange!
Sakana
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
one of the major active ingredients in their line is pitera, which is something found as a by-product of fermenting rice for making Japanese rice wine. Apparently, pitera is a heavy anti-oxidant which would help with reducing wrinkles. Unfortunately, a lot of people are allergic. Including me.
Chloelee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
SK II is a very reputable brand esp. in HK and Japan. I am not using that brand since there are some suspicion that it contains some chemicals harmful to skin.

However, my supervisor who is over forty has been continuously using their masks (the best seller besides the toner) and she showed dramatic results. Since she always has to take biz trip on air and stay up working she said it works wonder.

I guess every product might work just on certain people lol.

Hope this helps! Cool
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |