Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help: got red skin around mouth
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dannyl

Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Im a 23 years old boy that have a problem with red skin around the mouth. Its mostly the area under my lips. I still got some acne some times, but its not much. But I really wonder what this redish is, and how I can get ride off it.

The skin is read like its some kind of red acne scars, but its not deep scars, cant see the scars. But I think it have to come from the past acne I have got.

I use dermalogica skin brightening system right now, used it on 4-5 weeks, too see if gets better, but havnt notised anything bettering jet.

Anyone know what I can do with my problem

Thanks
Mabsy

Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:27 am      Reply with quote
It might be a rash, eczema, or some irritation perhaps? You could try a mild OTC cortisone cream on it but it's best that you go see a Dr though.
Alexandra

Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Not a lot of people know this but flurostat (spelling??) found in Crest toothpaste can cause red scab-like markings around the mouth. If you are using Crest and you get these marks ( usually you will see them in the corner of your mouth and they look kind of like eczema) then stop and switch to a toothpaste without it. You will see it clear up in a few days. I usually buy the Colgate or Aquafresh knowing that it doesn't have it in it. I hope this helps you. Good luck!!
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
If you look closely at the redness in a magnified mirror, do you see tiny veins? Or is it inflamed? Be careful with any whitening or brightening products, certain kinds may irritate your skin and cause further redness.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

pH Advantage Basics, One-Step Cleanser Fragrance-Free (236 ml / 8 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Root Resilience Nourishing Scalp Conditioner (177 ml / 6 floz) Shira Shir-Radiance Corrective Rx Wrinkle & Pore Minimizer (30 ml)