Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Prevage
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I've read some of the articles about this product and it seems quite promising. I understand that it has been released and is generally available now. I've been sent a sample of it and I'm anxious to try it out, but I've gotten 3 different instructions from the 3 different dermatologists in the practice where I receive care. One said to use it last, as a moisturizer, the other said to use it first, and the other told me to use it on alternate nights instead of the Copper Peptide serum I use.
Right now, I use Copper Peptide at night and AlphaDermaCE (applied after the facial skin prep) in the am.
Anyone with any experience or suggestions on the Prevage use, or am I the site guinea pig??
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi katee, did you ever use the prevage and what results did our very own guinea pig discover.... Laughing Ive never heard of prevage but its come up in post or two so now Im curious.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
The guinea pig speaks!!!

Yes - I have been using the Prevage for about three weeks now and I'm very very impressed with the results. I put it on immediately after cleansing every morning (before anything else). My derm doc thought that once a day was enough which was fine with me since the stuff is expensive.

So far I'm pretty impressed with the results !! It has done an awful lot in just three weeks time to tone up all the contours of my face and jawline. And, as an added and unexpected bonus, it seems to mattify my normally shiney by 10am skin....

Will keep you posted. Anybody else using it?
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using and loving Prevage too. I started about a week or so after it came out. My instructions said to use on dry skin right after cleansing. For info and instructions on usage you can go to prevage.com. Several people report drying and peeling of the skin with Prevage, and I did experience very mild drying (no peeling or flaking)for 1-2 days initially, but never after that nor did I ever purge.

I am using it twice each day, but sometimes I forgot and only used it once per day in the beginning. After seeing great results now I make sure I use it twice. Also I didn't use it around my eyes at first but now I do. I see real improvement in fine lines, tone and elasticity all over my face. It's hard to explain, but I just generally look younger now if that makes any sense. After years of trying to find the right products for my skin, I suspect my routine has finally come together and Prevage is only a part of my success, but definitely a large part of it.

Prevage will no doubt be a staple of mine as long as I can keep buying it. You use a very small pea size amount so it should last awhile. I have already purchased it again so I won't miss any days when my current one runs out.

HTH's!

-Cheri
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Time to get my research hat on.... Bad Grin
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Cheri, you put it very well... I can't really put my finger on precisely what it is that the Prevage does - only that when I look in the mirror, I look BETTER !!! People keep asking me what I've done... I love it!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Ooooops - forgot something. Cindi you are wayyyy too young to use this stuff!!!
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Nice of you to say so katee. Im almost 39, how old do you need to be???????? Confused
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:03 am      Reply with quote
OMG Cindi !!! Picking myself up off the floor. I'm not sure why, but I thought you were in your early twenties!
Take it as a compliment - its meant as one. BUT go buy yourself some Prevage... Really laughing....
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:06 am      Reply with quote
hmm am I missing something here katee........., what makes you think Im in my 20's, and hell I wish I was.
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:23 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Cheri, you put it very well... I can't really put my finger on precisely what it is that the Prevage does - only that when I look in the mirror, I look BETTER !!! People keep asking me what I've done... I love it!

My parents approached me last Sunday because they thought I had something done surgically. Apparently my entire family has been "talking". Shock

I took it as a nice compliment of course. Needless to say Moms Prevage is on the way. Smile

-Cheri
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Can you get Prevage anywhere except in a dr's office?
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Wow, Phredd! That's great! What else are you using right now? I'm still so skeptical of the hype surrounding coQ10. Born a skeptic I guess. Smile Do you think it's all the Prevage? or other stuff, too? Is this the first antioxidant you have used? Sorry for all the questions...
misskoslow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
From what I know it's only available in Doctor's offices....
I think the results they are seeing are probably from prevage. It is a stronger strain of coenzyme Q10 (it's Idebenone) and you can definitely feel it when it goes on. All of a sudden there is this tightening feeling of the skin...
Now, who knows if that tightening feeling is creating results or if it's something else. Who knows...but I definitely 'feel' something.
That's my two cents Smile
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi betterat40! Along with Prevage I am also using rx retinoid Tazorac .05% a couple of times per week and CSRX Age-Limit serum on the other nights. I was initially using the serum twice per day, but now that I've had it awhile I felt I could stop using it so much. I love this too and I know you already have it. N.V. Perricone Eye Area therapy (2 products) at night around my eyes. I'm sick that I let reviews keep me from buying this a year ago. I've suffered with puffy eyes for years and in the last year with little pouches or bags sitting on my cheekbones. After trying Perricone within one night my puffiness was gone and after a week the bags were gone. Absolutely amazing for me! Everyone else seems to hate it.

In the AM I use Clinique Mild Clarifying Toner, Prevage, Obagi Vit C about every three days and Amore Pacific eye cream. I've never had the great results with Vit C (except around my eyes) that others seem to have so I'm ready to try another brand for my face or give it up completely. Also I've never had any luck with Argireline so I gave up on that awhile ago. Weird how products perform so differently on people.

In my opinion Prevage has done more for me in a short time than the Tazorac or Vit C has in a year. I feel like I might be able to quit Botox for my crows feet, but too soon to tell.

Also I started out using a 40% lactic acid peel each Sunday, but am now doing one every couple of weeks.

I always wear sunscreen during the day, but no other moisturizers am/pm at all except for my eyes and lips.

The "kickers" for me seem to be Prevage, Perricone Eye Therapy and the AHA's. I haven't been this happy with my skin in years.

-Cheri
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I checked out a site calledwww.lovelyskin.com that sells it.(Someone from this site reccomended it) I really didn't want to shell out the bucks, esp. after reading an article disputing the benefits. HOWEVER, after reading all these reviews, well, I'm giving it some (more) serious thought.
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Cindi wrote:
Wow! Time to get my research hat on.... Bad Grin

psst Cindi: YOU DON'T HAVE ANY WRINKLES YET so you don't need this babe! Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Ha, I doctored the photo I sent you, I was only 12 on that. Laughing
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Not talking You don't fool me. I KNOW you don't have any wrinkles. Now stop fishing for more things to buy missy! Shame on you
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Perricone's Eye Therapy, eh? I will have to look into that....I'm so glad you've found a routine that makes you look so good people think you've had work done! That's just wonderful. I'm tickled pink for you. Smile
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
Perricone's Eye Therapy, eh? I will have to look into that....I'm so glad you've found a routine that makes you look so good people think you've had work done! That's just wonderful. I'm tickled pink for you. Smile

I just wanted you to know that I am not using the new Perricone Neuropeptide Eye Area Contour which sells for $195 Shock although I wouldn't mind trying a sample.

What I have been using with success is Vitamin C Ester Eye Area Therapy with Alpha Lipoic Acid Eye Area Therapy on top. Of course you could probably use your regular C serum in place of the first one. I just bought it (on Ebay) in the set and started using both at the same time. I think Sephora is selling a starter set of this for around $40 (.25 oz each).

You could try it and then send it to me if you didn't like it. Wink

-Cheri
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I found the Prevage on a different site (I saw the lovely skin one too). This one is cheaper! It is $99 US for the Prevage and FREE shipping! It is Crutchfield Dermatology. You need to call them as they do not have ordering on their website yet. The phone number is 651-209-3600 and then you press '0'.

the website is crutchfielddermatology.com
and then you click on the 'store'.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
ajax: where are those articles disputing it (Prevage)?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Betterat40, I tried both the Perricone eye products and alas I didnt see any results, though I may not have given it enough time (was 30 minutes too soon ... Laughing )
ajax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I honestly don't remember what site I was at. Like I said, I was very interested in ordering but thought I would do some research on my own and wanted to find a site that WASN'T a dermatologists office. Basically it said a group of dermatologists have jumped on the bandwagon with the company that sells it(since it can only be sold through a derm.). Apparently the evidence is not completely in on the effectiveness ???? I don't know.... I think I may wait and continue to see what others think. As with most other "breakthroughs", some seem to love it, some don't see any difference.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |