Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Jane Iredale D20 Hydration Mist
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:31 am      Reply with quote
Size: 59 ml / 2 Fl oz
Price: EDS: CA$25 / on Dermstore: US$20

Commercial mists I recently tried were Thalgo Thalgo Reviving Marine Mist Pure Vitality (150ml/ 5 Fl. oz for CA$34 on EDS) and La Mer (126ml/4.2oz for RRP US$50 )

I got this in my last EDS order, just before Xmas. I was looking for 3 things in a mist: hydration, no "film" (what I did not like about La Mer) and no chemicals/added fragrance (the reason I gave up on Thalgo).

Let me say, this stuff is EXPENSIVE. Given the size of the bottle, it is right up there with La Mer (59ml of La Mer would be about US$23), so it is definately NOT for those wanting to save $$.

What I love: no chemicals, just lovely flower and oil extracts added to "Water" (hmm I thought it was supposed to be "heavy water". Nice fragrance, no residue or film on the skin, yet it has kept my skin hydrated in the very dry air of my over-heated office this winter (I spritz about 5 times a day, 3 pumps a time). It really is just like spritzing with water, the mist is that light. As it dries there is no "drying" feeling that some water mists give though.

What I don't love: the pump. It does give a nice fine mist that spreads wide (although it is not a pressurized/continuous pump like with Thalgo - which I loved), BUT, the nozzle cap gets clogged and every second day (sometimes every day) I have to go out and rinse out the top. A small thing, but annoying none-the-less.

Would I repurchase?: I am thinking no.. mostly because of the pump problem, but the price does put me off too. I think I will try Decleor (150ml/5oz for just CA$26) and a couple of others first, but if I cannot find a decent chemical & fragrance free mist, then I will come back to this because the product itself is just wonderful.

Ingredients: Water, Cananga Odorata (Ylang Ylang) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Extract, Sodium PCA, Hydrolyzed Corallina Officinalis, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Potassium Sorbate
Mabsy

Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:55 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this for a few weeks now (since I started using JI pressed base) and I'm liking it so far. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had with the pump - perhaps you got a faulty one? I'm just grasping at straws because I have had no problems with mine and I'm also not sure what would be clogging it since it's basically water. I only use mine in the morning to set my mineral makeup - I spray about 4 times and my face feels nice and comfortable.

Overall I really like this and use it in the morning like clockwork! I wish it had a nice flowery smell though Embarassed
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:11 am      Reply with quote
I am using this along with the pressed powder and loving it. Mine has never clogged so my guess is you do have a faulty one. I use mine under the makeup as opposed to most using it after.

Using the Obagi line keeps your skin dried out so spritzing before minerals is a must for me.

Sherri
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:20 am      Reply with quote
... I was thinking that it is because I spritz so much that some of the oils in it might clog it up.. I mean, the poor baby does get about 20 pumps a day in total. Laughing Maybe it is not meant for such "tough love"
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Well, hell, TigerTim – you beat me to it! I had “post review of D2O spritz” on my to-do list! I got this the other day when I (finally) ordered my samples of JI pressed powder foundation fromwww.Skin-Etc.com because I read under the “application techniques” section that it could be used as a moisturizer for people with oily skin.

I have to say that I this stuff!! As a rule, I don’t like to use a moisturizer very often because I feel it makes my skin even more greasy feeling (although I know that overstripped skin can result in the glands producing more oil) and contributes to a horrendous shine under my (BE) mineral foundation, but this stuff is awesome! It makes my skin feel soft and hydrated all day (first I apply my HA serum, then spritz the D2O over the top and smooth it in), but without the dreaded greasy feel or the shinies which cause me to have to blot my face by 9am!!

I think read somewhere on the board (it might have been under the Sircuit skincare thread when Farouk was first touting its wonders) that “heavy water” is kind of a bogus concept as it pertains to skincare, so I don’t know if that’s truly what makes the D2O spritz unique or what – especially since this is actually the first spritz I’ve ever tried! But whatever the magic ingredient, this stuff is going to have a permanent place in my skincare regimen, even if it is a little pricey ($16USD)! For anyone else out there with super-oily skin who is leery of traditional moisturizers, I highly recommend you give this stuff a shot!!

Carrie

P.S. BTW, the jury is still out on the JI pressed powder foundation...I think I picked the correct shades (I wear BE minerals #3, so I ordered the JI pressed in “Warm Silk” and “Amber” and if I mix the two together, it’s a perfect match), but I don’t think I have the correct brush (my BE foundation brush) to apply it – I’m having a hard time picking up enough foundation on the brush to buff...the next thing on my “must-have” list is one of those flat brushes like the JI Handy brush – although when I was at the Beauty Store the other day, I noticed that Glominerals makes a nearly identical brush although the handle is a smidge shorter so maybe I’ll get that one instead...anyway, until I can apply the JI pressed powder with the appropriate brush, I’m going to reserve judgment.

One more thing – has anyone tried the JI “Absence” oil-control primer stuff? Does it work or should I save my money and keep using my homemade ‘primer’ consisting of a super-thin layer of Milk of Magnesia under my foundation??
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:05 am      Reply with quote
OMG $16 is aweseome. I really regret not delving in when Dermstore had 25% off everything just B4 Xmas....
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger_tim -- I wanted to take a moment to thank you for such a wonderful and thorough review! My god, you have the price, the size, and itemized list of features, AND the ingredients!!!

Carrie's add-on was also most helpful. I have oily skin myself, and sometimes I skip moisturizing altogther if I am going to wear makeup for the day, for fear it may melt my cosmetics off within hours! Do you think this mist really provides enough protection from the elements, however? I've tried Aubrey's hydrating mist which also says it can be used as a moisturizer, but it sinks in so quickly and it is so light I can't imagine it's doing me much good on it's own!
Summer
5% products discount

Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I quite like this stuff. I don't use it often, but sometimes if my skin feels dry after applying my makeup, the fine mist really does set everything and make my face breathe a sigh of relief.

I enjoy the ylang-ylangy fragrance too!
Hannah-Louise
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm in love with the stuff! I got it as a free gift with my latest order and it keeps my makeup on all day! I do alot of sports and in very hot weather so I'll have to control myself and not rave too much!

Would definitly buy again though! Very Happy
p.s I think it smells gorgeous!
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I concur with tiger-tim's review. I really like JI D2O, but there are other moisturizing sprays and even organic hydrosols that are just as good and not as pricey. I would not pay full price for the D2O but am very happy to get the free GWP with my JI order on EDS (JI Pure Pressed Mineral Makeup is a staple for me).

5% products discount

Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Ooh, glad to hear good reviews, because I wouldn't have bought it but am getting it as my free JI gift with an EDS order Very Happy

I usually use an Ultraceuticals green tea and vitamin E spritzer both under and over JI makeup, and it's awesome. In summer, it's enough - don't need moisturiser for my combination skin...
Hannah-Louise
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried both Juice Beautys spritz and Jane Iredale's? If so how do they compare?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Tiger Tim,

Have you tried Caudalie's Beauty Elixir? (1oz is $15; 3.8oz is $49). That is nice. I haven't tried Caudalie's Grape Water but sprayed some on in Sephora and didn't like the smell.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/caudalie-f_420.htm

I recently got 2 oz. sample of Bioelement's Power Peptide spray in my Beauty Test Tube. I haven't used it enough to give feedback yet. 6oz is $36:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/bioelements-power-peptide-p_8134.htm
Ingredients:
Palmitoyl Tri-Peptide - Smoothes lines and wrinkles
Ergothioneine - Increases cellular activity; promotes radiance
Licorice Root Extract - Brightens skin tone
White Tea Extract - Anti-Inflammatory and antibacterial

But truthfully, most of the time, I just use Avene thermal water to help spread my Decleor Aromessence. I may get some Garden of Wisdom (GOW) hydrasols if I ever get an order together there. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:14 am      Reply with quote
i would like to know if it is heavy than ordinary spring mist
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Great review thanks
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great review!

Have not tried Jane Iredale's, it does sound good though, would put it on my to try list. Very Happy

Currently using Juice Beautys spritz and the texture is a little "heavier" than the thermal water sprays that I am used to. The smell too is a little off putting... guess its the type of oils that they use, but overall, it does provide good moisture to the skin.
jools
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Great review thanks
I use JI hydrating water also and love it - but I do not need to use it as often only to set my JI pressed base. I keep it in the drawer at work also for the days when the air con dries everything!
I've has several bottles if this and never has aproblem with the spray clogging even if it is not used for several days. I agree with the others that your does seem faulty.
oimachi
5% products discount

Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I have ordered over $100 worth of JI products so I will be receiving the mist free as a gift, I can't wait to try it soon enough after so many people have had great experience with the product (perhaps except for the pump?) Wink
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |