Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MTM skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cutiejenny

Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:42 am      Reply with quote
IS this product good?
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Never heard of it cutiejenny, what does the MTM stand for Question
RMB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 18, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
MTM is a Japanese brand. Their big selling point is that they offer custom-blended products in addition to normal, on-the-shelf products.

Their most famous product is their custom-blended eye treatment. They have this advertisement about no more panda eyes.

Anyway, I bought the eye treatment for my girlfriend while we were in HK. She goes into the MTM shop and one of the assistants examines her eye area. Apparently special training is involved as we had to wait for this one assitant. The assistant used some kind of machine and then told my girlfriend about her eye problems -- dehydrated eye skin and the beginnings of wrinkles. She then wrote up a prescription, handed it to another assistant, who then went into a glass room to mix the custom treatment. The room reminded me of a snowcone vendor with all its different colored squirt-top jugs.

What arrived in our hands were two boxes. (The assistant said that most people need at least two back-to-back rounds of treatment -- hence the two boxes). Inside each box was a bottle of the custom blended treatment and a two-week supply of eye strips (each round lasts 2 weeks). You put a little of the treatment on the strips, and then put the strips on your eye area.

Well, what were the results after a month? Nearly nothing. I didn't notice anything, and when I asked my girlfriend, she said her eye area APPEARED (not even definite) to be a little lighter. But she doesn't suffer from dark circles in the first place (unless she doesn't sleep), hence the assistant not citing it as a problem.

So all in all it was a waste of about 215 US dollars for the 2 boxes of treatment. Now I'm getting her the Skinceuticals eye serum/B5 and the Murad essential-c. But she just got herself more Guerlain eye serum (don't know why but assistant directed her to success mask, but not success eye serum). I don't think the Guerlain eye serum has done anything, but she always says give it more time. If the MTM didn't have a set timespan for usage, she'd probably be saying "give it more time", too. I hope Skinceuticals shows greater results than Guerlain.
pinkmelody
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I got a coupon from a friend to try MTM for free, and it's just total waste of time. They did all those seemingly expert questionaire and tests, but end up the custom-blend trials work nothing for me. Blackheads did not go away, skin didn't get mostorized.
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Do they have a website? Cheers!
pinkypink

Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:58 am      Reply with quote
i find that it's unfair to say this when you never be consistent.

my consultant takes care of me so well, that i feel so unfair for you to say this...

it's the quality and can you afford for the long run.

it's not magic what..
Louisa1303
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:30 am      Reply with quote
there is not much rave about them, i think their most famous product is the eye mask for dark eye circle
Cathay

Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with pinkypink. No skincare products can improve/cure/eliminate unwanted skin issues over a short period of time. Take a flu for example, there are no medicine that you can take and be able to feel fully recovered overnight. Maintaining good skin health is similar to maintain in shape physically. There are no single type of exercise program or equipment that will be able to turn an overweight person into an athlete without commitment and dedication.

"MTM was founded on the principle that skin type and condition you have are as uniquely individual as you are, and need a skincare regimen to match. So in 1991, MTM established the world's first skincare centre to feature products and treatment services for men and women specifically customised for each individual."

Therefore, MTM has created a series of products and services dedicated to those who gives their skin on their face great importance. And their products are amongst the best of the best in this industry, as well as having unparalleled service and commitment. I have personally experienced what I have said.

On a side note, their website is:
"mtmskincare(DOT)com"
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |