Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Saggy Jowels and Dermalive - Removal ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Colin

Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

I am a British guy and new to this forum.

Its a terrific forum for newbies likle myself but theres ALOT to read !

I was just wondering if anyone has had any genuine results in treating/reducing saggy jowels at all ?

Have been looking at the Tripollar Pose but would be very interested if any one says something else has helped.

Failing this, has anyone had SUCCESSFUL surgery to remove them as i am considering this if the products are no good.

Finally, i had Dermalive filler in my cheeks around 8-9 years ago which, i was told, would be "semi-permanent" and would look and feel totally natural and would last around 12-18 months.

It has completely destroyed my life as it most definately does not look and feel natural and,as i have found out to my cost, is 100% permanent !. It makes my face look swollen,stops me from smiling/laughing properly and has probably contributed to the saggy jowels due to the exta weight in my cheeks and the saggyness could just be the Dermalive dropping.? It has affected me in so many ways.

Has anyone successfully had Dermalive removed without disfiguring the face ? I have been reading up on microsuction of the face as it appears to be less invasive than full face surgery. The whole point of having the "semi_permanent" dermalive cheek injections in the first place was because of my fear of facial surgery. Now it looks likle i may have to face possible facial disfiguring surgery just to remove the very thing i tried in order to avoid it!

I was a nice looking guy before the Dermalive.

Thanks for any help, colin,age 45,UK.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'd suggest contacting plastic surgery queen Cindy Jackson at her website. She knows almost as much or more than most doctors and will know who in the UK is good and who is crap.

Lesson to the wise to avoid anything that has "permanent" in the description, even if it's "semi-permanent." So many don't want to have to keep paying for temporary fillers because of the expense and wind up in the same predicament, sadly. Good luck!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Colin, Wow, I'm sorry to hear of your sad experience. I, too have had some "things" done and lived to regret it. Crying or Very sad I hope you find a great resolution. Good luck! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Colin, I'm so sorry to hear of your problems with dermalive. You probably know all this, but I found a blog dealing with this matter, The site is:
http://dermaliveproblems.blogspot.com/
One victim had this to say:

Hi There
I wanted to give an update as I have been receiving a few emails of late asking many questions.

For the last two years I have had five surgeries under full anaesthetic removing around eight granulomas at a time, some have grown back after surgery but after two or three removals they have settled down and stopped growing. I have one more surgery to go and then I will be having fat transfer to reconstruct my lips.My lips are looking the best they have looked in years thanks to a great surgeon.

The best advice I can give anyone out there looking for help with this terrible product, is you have to get the product out. Your body will continue to react until it comes out. Your body realises its a foreign material so it will do anything it can to try and push out, so removal is the only option.

You need to find yourself the best Plastic AND Reconstructive surgeon you can find, as they are the most highly skilled and trained in the industry. Don't waste time seeing a Dermatologist or Cosmetic surgeon.

Some Important Points:

KENACORT steroid injections DON'T WORK.....they cause the product to react more and cause the good surrounding tissue to die leaving you with potholes in your skin...(i know from personal experience)

Laser Light treatments such as IPL cause the product to react also so stay away from any treatment like this.

I found that anything with high histamine levels such as red wine can make the granulomas itchy and aggravate them further, so try to avoid it

Please do not hesitate to contact me on my email if you have anymore questions,
or if you would like to share your experiences please do I would love to hear what others have found and maybe we can all help each other out...
Kin regards
xx Penelope
Posted by Penelope at 3:03 AM 0 comments Links to this post
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:29 am      Reply with quote
Caution: this site contains graphic photos. However in the spirit of keeping us all informed about the dangers of some injectable fillers it should be viewed. You’ll need Acrobat to view the images and may have to type the entire address into your browser.

http://www.floegel.info/Inv_Botox Filler/REQUENA2011.pdf

I’ve used injectables such as Botox, Restalyne and Juvederm for years with no problem. However I recently used Radiesse (has calcium) and I'm having problems with granulomas. I wish I was not so vain and concerned with societal pressure.
A visit to a psychiatrist might be what I need to finally make me comfortable with my looks!
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to EDS Colin wave
Take a look at copper peptides for firming. There is a super long thread on this with lots of great information or go to skinbiology.com.

I started CPs to help with firming on my neck/jowls and I have seen some slight improvement. Although, you have to take it VERY slow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Too many doctors don't know that different fillers have different purposes. My doc used Radiesse to shape the bridge of my nose and it lasted nearly two years. My dermatologist, who teaches at a medical school, said she injects it deeply into nasolabial folds with no problem. I am thinking of having that done myself when I have the money. She does my botox now.

It sounds like if it is injected in the wrong place or shallowly, it causes problems.

Colin, you should post your experience on the Daily Mail's plastic surgery forum because they constantly have posts asking about permanent and semi-permanent fillers. They need to be warned.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |