Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Far Infrared Mineral TDP Lamp
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Gidget
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Right now, due to a shoulder issue I am considering purchasing a mineral lamp.Image

I'm not sure if I should get the floor model or the desktop model.Image

I'd like to hear from those having lamps who are using them for muscle, tissue healing. What lamp did you choose - floor or desk, how often do you use it, what results have you seen?

Thanks so much - I've already picked out where I'd purchase the lamp - see link, just trying to decide which is best for shoulder, sometimes back, sometimes hip area - ha ha I guess this old gal has issues all over the body at times!! Image (but mostly upper arm/shoulder area)

Imagein advance for any help with this decision.

Gidget

LINK:
http://usaherb.com/index.php?cPath=108&osCsid=8a1feaebfb09343824761232eb0031f9
Gidget
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Good info here Arrow http://library.rehabmart.com/?filename=heat-therapy-with-a-tdp-mineral-lamp
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for starting this thread! I have the desktop FIM lamp & love it!

I've been using it everyday, not only to help with penetration of AS/ASG, but also on my family for various health issues. My 7 yr old son is prone to a lot congestion, coughs & colds. Since I've acquired the lamp about a month ago, I I've been having him sit under it for about 20 minutes or so per day, aiming the FIM lamp at his chest area. He finds it very relaxing & seems to help him get over colds & coughing fits faster.

I notice that when I aim the lamp at the base of my neck to relax the muscles in that area, I get a very tingly feeling going up and down my spine-- almost ticklish, but it gets rid of any stiffness I might have.

I also feel that the FIM lamp seems to enhance penetration of my skincare routine.

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
Gidget
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:30 am      Reply with quote

DELIGHTED to hear how great it is working and that's wonderful about your son!!

I'm so about to get this and I think I'll go with the desk top model. I was concerned how I would aim it on my back - which at times has its issues. I guess I could stretch out on mat on floor and have it sitting next to me.

How hot is the lamp? I mean, in summer will it cause the whole room to heat up?

THANKS for chiming in and feel free to update regularly.

wave Gidget
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:57 am      Reply with quote
I know you have decided on this one, but light stim also do one for pain and healing its not sold onnline, you have to ring them direct but it has four wavelengths,three red and one amber/yellow.
I bought mine on ebay for pain issues,in my back and hips (spd from pregnancy which didnt go after birth) I just thought Id throw this into the mix!
Sorry if its a pain (No pun intended!)
vasilenka
5% products discount

Tue May 03, 2011 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
My girlfriend back from Europe just told me recently about some lamp getting popularity in Europe the lamp claims that it heals any disease or pain.
the lamp is made by company called http://www.zepteramerica.com if anyone have heard of them or used their products?

The lamp that you are talking about here it sounds like it may be like the one my friend said.
May i ask for the website to check it out, i am interested in it as well.
Starbright
5% products discount

Sat May 07, 2011 4:59 am      Reply with quote
http://www.electronichealing.co.uk/products/healinglamp.htm

This is the lamp that I have and I am ashamed to say that it is in a dark cupboard at the moment, unloved and unused. I can honestly say that I don't know why as it really helped to ease the back pain that I have from lifting my disabled son over the years.

Reading this thread makes me realise that I must get it out again. I have never thought of using it on the face area though, so will read up.

When I had a kidney infection some time back, it was the main thing that helped and I am glad that I went for the floor standing version as I can use it lying in bed reading.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I just recieved a FIR Mineral lamp - but haven't used it yet. I bought it for pain issues, but may also try it w/ some topicals for my face to see if it does anything there (and wear some sun-goggles for protection!). Will report back later.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Love mine with ASG. It's a winner and I don't wear goggles. (maybe I should) Cool I also use it on my right knee. Marathons and biking and other sports injuries = bad knee.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I used mine yesterday for the first time. Had some pretty bad cramps and (along w/ Advil), the FIM lamp really got rid of them!.

question for those who have one - is there suppose to be a light emitting from it or only the heat? Without a visible light, I wonder why they say to avoid the eye area?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I used mine yesterday for the first time. Had some pretty bad cramps and (along w/ Advil), the FIM lamp really got rid of them!.

question for those who have one - is there suppose to be a light emitting from it or only the heat? Without a visible light, I wonder why they say to avoid the eye area?

Infrared wavelength is invisible to the human eye so you won't be able to see it. But that doesn't mean that it might not be harmful to the eye - it is recommended to use eye protection.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu. I started to think of that after I posted, but I appreciate your confirming it. Haven't used it for my face yet (too many other spots to treat first!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have the floor model? I'm thinking that would be easier to use anywhere on the body. I need to do my back and my HB will use it on his knees. I will also do my face as well.

Tue May 10, 2011 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Does anyone have the floor model? I'm thinking that would be easier to use anywhere on the body. I need to do my back and my HB will use it on his knees. I will also do my face as well.

Frodo, I think Starbright mentioned above that she has the floor model. I was going to ask how easy it is to store so I'm glad you reminded me. Smile
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Just ordered the table lamp version. Excited to try it. Very Happy
Starbright
5% products discount

Tue May 10, 2011 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Frodo, I think Starbright mentioned above that she has the floor model. I was going to ask how easy it is to store so I'm glad you reminded me. Smile

Hi,

Just saw this and I tended to just lleave my lamp out in my bedroom (before it ended up in the cupboard) Also, it has lived between the two chairs in my living room and just looked like a standard lamp. I really do think it is more versatile than a desk model would be though and since the start of this thread I have got it out of the cupboard and use it while reading before sleep.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, the least expensive price that I've been able to find for a lamp is $118.00 total. Is this a good price for a tabletop model? Thanks.
Gidget
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi everyone, the least expensive price that I've been able to find for a lamp is $118.00 total. Is this a good price for a tabletop model? Thanks.

The link I have in the first post has a table model for $88 and free shipping Very Happy

See if that is what you are looking for.

Gidget
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Gidget, thanks for the link. Smile
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:

I bought a floor model - one with an adjustable arm (very nice). I am using it right now while reading posts on EDS AND can also have my AALS in one of my hands. I am using the FIM on a neck injury that also affects my back - so a long session for both (an hour). It usually takes that long for my AALS so using both at the same time is great!

A table model would not be as easy to use in my situation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Frodo wrote:

I bought a floor model - one with an adjustable arm (very nice). I am using it right now while reading posts on EDS AND can also have my AALS in one of my hands. I am using the FIM on a neck injury that also affects my back - so a long session for both (an hour). It usually takes that long for my AALS so using both at the same time is great!

A table model would not be as easy to use in my situation.

This is the one I am thinking of purchasing. Can you post a pic of the one you have?

http://usaherb.com/product_info.php?products_id=847&osCsid=8a1feaebfb09343824761232eb0031f9

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
this is the one I purchased

http://upcmedical.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_73&products_id=536

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2011 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am trying to order a floor model from Gidget's link usaherb.com & am in the USA. Despite this as I am checking out they are trying to charge me $37 for UPS ground despite advertising free shipping. Anyone else have this problem? I have an e-mail into them but probably won't hear anything till Monday at the earliest.

Thanks for any help!

Cabrita
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2011 1:29 am      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to order a floor model from Gidget's link usaherb.com & am in the USA. Despite this as I am checking out they are trying to charge me $37 for UPS ground despite advertising free shipping. Anyone else have this problem? I have an e-mail into them but probably won't hear anything till Monday at the earliest.

Thanks for any help!

Cabrita

Did you use the coupon code that they have on the home page? Maybe that will help.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2011 5:40 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
cabrita wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for any help!

Cabrita

Did you use the coupon code that they have on the home page? Maybe that will help.

I got a desk model of the FIM from with the STAR package of Ageless Secret Gold but a friend of mine ordered the floor model from Gidget's site. The site was offering free shipping in the US(this site usaherb.com). That was in Jan. when my friend ordered....I have been back to that site and I now notice there may not be the free shipping any longer. Rolling Eyes

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |