Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Far Infrared Mineral TDP Lamp
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2011 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Thanks Packmackrat & Toby.

Yes I did use the coupon to no avail. They would probably refund the shipping since they state they have free shipping to USA for the lamps but I don't want to take a chance so I will wait for a response from them.

Will post back when I hear.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi girls,

has anyone tried any other topicals with the heat lamp? and if so, did it make them more effective?

many thanks

Jackie xx
Gidget
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi girls,

has anyone tried any other topicals with the heat lamp? and if so, did it make them more effective?

many thanks

Jackie xx

Good question! IDK the answer - maybe someone out there is using something other than Ageless Secret Gold or the new Ageless Secret Diamond.

I'd be curious to hear too.

Gidget wave
Gidget
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 9:11 am      Reply with quote
It is so great to read all your posts!!

Would any of you who haven't already, be willing to share the way you use the FIM? For instance, if used for cosmetic purposes, tell us the amount of time spent, how many days a week, how far away you sit, if you wear goggles, what product you use, etc... and if you use it for medical reasons and haven't shared your experiences, then please consider doing so. What body ache is it used for? How far away is the lamp placed from the body? How many times a week do you use it, etc...

This would be very beneficial to those considering the lamp for any reason or for multiple reasons.

Thanks so much!!

Gidget
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I try to use the FIM lamp every other day. I use it right before bed because it puts me to sleep. I set it at 17" from my face and it takes five minutes to warm up. I only used it for 10 min. in the beginning to see how I would respond, then went to 30 min. I spray the Diamond formula when using it(used to spray the gold) and try to spritz every 2-5 minutes. The heat was the lamp is barely warm at the 17" distance. I do not use protective eye wear but I think it is a good idea to do so. My eyes have not had any issues of being dry nor my skin with use...actually I have experienced just the opposite. I haven't used it for body pains...have had an issue to needed it lately. Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I try to use the FIM lamp every other day. I use it right before bed because it puts me to sleep. I set it at 17" from my face and it takes five minutes to warm up. I only used it for 10 min. in the beginning to see how I would respond, then went to 30 min. I spray the Diamond formula when using it(used to spray the gold) and try to spritz every 2-5 minutes. The heat was the lamp is barely warm at the 17" distance. I do not use protective eye wear but I think it is a good idea to do so. My eyes have not had any issues of being dry nor my skin with use...actually I have experienced just the opposite. I haven't used it for body pains...have had an issue to needed it lately. Wink

This is very helpful. Thank you.

Toby, I have a couple of questions.

Every other day - so would MWF work and skip weekend?
    Do you ever do it before an event or always at night?
    Do you rub the product in, or allow it to remain wet on your face letting it dry with the lamp's warmth?
    LOL do you get out a ruler to measure the 17" distance? I guess you had to the first time and now you just know.

Thanks again so much! Sorry for all the questions!!

Gidget
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Every other day - so would MWF work and skip weekend? I think that schedule is fine...I don't always do it as often as every other day.
Do you ever do it before an event or always at night? Yes mainly at night, but if there is an event I would be sure to do it.
Do you rub the product in, or allow it to remain wet on your face letting it dry with the lamp's warmth? I do a little of both.
LOL do you get out a ruler to measure the 17" distance? I guess you had to the first time and now you just know.Yes I did get a yardstick and measure the first time, after that it is easy to gage.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Every other day - so would MWF work and skip weekend? I think that schedule is fine...I don't always do it as often as every other day.
Do you ever do it before an event or always at night? Yes mainly at night, but if there is an event I would be sure to do it.
Do you rub the product in, or allow it to remain wet on your face letting it dry with the lamp's warmth? I do a little of both.
LOL do you get out a ruler to measure the 17" distance? I guess you had to the first time and now you just know.Yes I did get a yardstick and measure the first time, after that it is easy to gage.

Image Toby!! You are always so helpful!!

Gidget
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Need to get my yardstick out Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Need to get my yardstick out Laughing

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I must've thrown away the manual that came with mine. What type of eye protection does it suggest be used?
Thanks.

Keliu wrote:
foxe wrote:
I used mine yesterday for the first time. Had some pretty bad cramps and (along w/ Advil), the FIM lamp really got rid of them!.

question for those who have one - is there suppose to be a light emitting from it or only the heat? Without a visible light, I wonder why they say to avoid the eye area?

Infrared wavelength is invisible to the human eye so you won't be able to see it. But that doesn't mean that it might not be harmful to the eye - it is recommended to use eye protection.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I posted my results using the AS diamond formula with the fim mineral lamp on the diamond thread ....so I won't go into detail and repost. BUT, I will say, my results are truly amazing!! As for the medicinal properties of the lamp... My dh has a really bad back... In fact, he's had two back surgeries. He also had knee surgery this past year. Probably due to many years of long-distance running! Anyway, I purchased the lamp for two reasons: for myself to use with the Ageless Secret products to beautify my skin and to treat my husband's back. Well, the first treatment he used the lamp alone for 30 minutes. While it felt great on his back, as the warmth is very soothing, his back only felt marginally better. The next day, I did one spritz on his lower back with the AS diamond, making sure to get the whole area. Then he sat for 1/2 hour under the lamp. Next, it was off to our son's indoor baseball practice and standing for two hours on a hard concrete surfaced. Normally, by the time the practice is over, my husband is complaining about his stiff back, muscle pain and muscle soreness. Many Sundays he complains about sciatica and pain shooting down into his butt and lower leg. Sunday came and went and he realized....he felt great ~ no pain! This sold him. To hell with the chiropractor. It's Ageless plus the fim mineral lamp for us!!!! Wink Aprile
cabrita
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Just want to let those who may be ordering from usaherb.com that there is free shipping on orders in US over $80 but be sure to use the coupon. (on the home page)

I did & at check out I still had a shipping charge but my cc was only billed for the lamp.

I did e-mail them to ask re this but never got a response.(so their cust service is less than great but you can't beat their prices!)

Now to get & try the lamp! Smile
Gidget2

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Aprile - when you are allowed back on I hope you will update us on the FIM as a beauty device and also on using it for your husband's muscle aches.

Mine arrived yesterday Very Happy. I got it mostly for my upper arm/shoulder area. I can't wait to try it.

Here's what I read about using it and how often, etc...

How To Use The Mineral Lamp?

1.Aim the lamp's mineral plate at the treatment area. The deep penetrating far-infrared energy of the TDP Lamp will be felt as gentle warmth in the treated area.
2.Direct the heating lamp at the affected area at a distance of 30~40 cm (about a foot away?) for 5~20 minutes.

Treatment is once a day and the course is 6 to 20 treatments.

I'll report back soon!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased a FIM mineral lamp about 3 1/2 wks ago for my back and a few other injury related issues. I found an informative sheet that gives different instructions for different areas of the body in treatment time and duration. This might help others that have bought it for these purposes.

http://www.justbepainfree.com/TDP_guide.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
For a review of the lamp - I have to say I like it for healing purposes. some areas respond faster than others.

For my back - it's a little too time consuming. But, I think it's helping a bit. It's not quite there yet, and I am going to visit a chiro to see if he can adjust me better than the last time he saw me. With the use of this lamp, my back has been less stiff and has fewer knots in it which should enable the chiro to do a better job on me.

I had a massage after getting the lamp and trying it for a few days and the massuese said my back was better than the last time she massaged me, so it seems to be working (but very slowly) for the back. I include treatment time on my neck when I do my back as well (that's where the injury stems from)
I am also using it on an arthritic finger and definitely see improvements there. I had a bump developing along w/ pain and the bump has gotten smaller along w/ the pain disappearing. The bump had started to cause my nail to grow oddly - with severe ridges and flattening out. It now seems to be growing normally again from the new growth appearing under the cutical.

I also treated tennis elbow with this and that improved quite a bit. Another injury is an old torn MCL and I'm not sure that has done much.

(I sound like a wreck! Too many sports injuries here Rolling Eyes )

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I feel like I am about to ask a stupid question? Do you have clothes on or off when using the FIM? I just placed an order and got to thinking about the protocol. I plan on using this on my hip and back and my HB will be using it on his knee.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I feel like I am about to ask a stupid question? Do you have clothes on or off when using the FIM? I just placed an order and got to thinking about the protocol. I plan on using this on my hip and back and my HB will be using it on his knee.

From information I've gathered, instructions say to use it on bare skin. When doing my back, I only wear a bra (and hide from the family). I use a backless chair as well. You could do the same for your back, but not sure what you'd want to do for your hip...a thong perhaps??

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Frodo wrote:

From information I've gathered, instructions say to use it on bare skin. When doing my back, I only wear a bra (and hide from the family). I use a backless chair as well. You could do the same for your back, but not sure what you'd want to do for your hip...a thong perhaps??

I don't have a problem with being in my B'day suit as I will be using the guest house most of the time. It's what I call my get away place. I am getting the floor model and will just lay on my good side when doing my hip. I just needed to know because I want to be doing it right.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe thanks for the update on your FIM lamp usage. Frodo - I sure hope it works on your hip. Go Birthday suit!!!!

5% products discount

Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased the floor model a few years ago to use in my skin care practice. I just love it and use it on my sore areas and also to penetrate skin care products. For me, the floor model makes more sense. I can't remember where I got it from and what I paid.

To answer the question about the room heating up while using the TDP lamp, I do not find that the heat dissipates. It is focused within the treatment area.
Gidget2

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks bunnyman - what skin care products do you apply prior to using the lamp?

I did my first treatment and I agree that the entire room doesn't heat up. I have the desktop model or whatever it is called and was happily surprised that the arm is very maneuverable.

Keep the comments and questions coming folks on the FIM - I know there are many out there who will benefit from your experiences.

Thanks for contributing to this thread Very Happy

Gidget
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, soooo, I'm feeling really STUPID, but can someone tell me what 'FIM' stands for, or by the way, what has a 'mineral' got to do with a light? By reading here I seem to understand it is all about infrared light lamps... or 'far infrared'... I'm a bit of a loss quite honestly with the name of the lamp, or about what 'far infrared' is, not knowledgeable enough.
Where I live they sell lamps that are of infrared light to help with pain,.... is that what we are talking about here or is there something else to these 'FIM mineral lamps' and I am just not getting it? Confused
TIA, please I would like to know as I would feel REALLY STUPID if I order one on line just to find I can get it round the corner!!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Hi, soooo, I'm feeling really STUPID, but can someone tell me what 'FIM' stands for, or by the way, what has a 'mineral' got to do with a light? By reading here I seem to understand it is all about infrared light lamps... or 'far infrared'... I'm a bit of a loss quite honestly with the name of the lamp, or about what 'far infrared' is, not knowledgeable enough.
Where I live they sell lamps that are of infrared light to help with pain,.... is that what we are talking about here or is there something else to these 'FIM mineral lamps' and I am just not getting it? Confused
TIA, please I would like to know as I would feel REALLY STUPID if I order one on line just to find I can get it round the corner!!

Atester- FIM stands for Far Infared Mineral and sometimes you'll see FIR which stands for Far Infa Red

There are Farinfared lamps but they are different from this one (the FIM) as this one has the addition of the minerals. It's a plate added to the front of the lamp and has a lifespan of about 1500 hours. They sell replacements at most websites.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.vitalityshoppe.com/tdp_lamps.htm

http://www.healiohealth.com/tek9.asp?pg=products&specific=jocmlmd0

Some information above:

- The faceplate emitss 33 minerals. This lamp is considered safe by the FDA. Founded in China decades ago - They call it the Miracle Lamp

This lamp is often used in Acupuncture as well. Growing in popularity.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |