Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
lightweight foundation for summer?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sabbie

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:23 am      Reply with quote
What's everyone's favorite foundation for summer? I usually just skip a foundation and go with a primer and bronzer or blush for the day and Bare Essentials for the night if we are going out but BE just seems to make me look cakey/heavy anymore. Looking for something very lightweight (we live in FL, you sweat just thinking about going outside in the summer) but gives a nice finish. Thanks!!
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:53 am      Reply with quote
bb creams are perfect for summer without looking all cakey and heavy!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I'm in FL too and I like Stila Illuminating power foundation. Its light coverage but with concealer under it where needed its perfect.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:47 am      Reply with quote
This probably doesn't apply since I live in Minnesota- it never gets that warm, nor that humid. But I have loved Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer since forever. Its SPF 15 or 20, can't remember exactly, and its super lightweight. I don't buy the oil free stuff but it never gets greasy anyway.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I used to wear CG Tinted Moisturizer but that was when I still had good skin. Am looking at a foundation called Face Atelier:

http://www.faceatelier.com/face/us/web.nsf/fmPublic!OpenForm&t=catalog&cat=uf

You can buy a sample from this neat website White Rabbit:

http://www.whiterabbitbeauty.com/all_faceatelier.html
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:09 am      Reply with quote
depends on what i am doing in the summer:

if outdoor activities:

after finishing all morning routine, i will put on moisturizer with (contain ~18 to 20% of zinc oxide) SPF 30 and PA +++, then apply mineral foundation (it is a powder form, also contain 15% zinc oxide with SPF 20 to 30 and PA ++ or +++, that will have a double protection when doing outdoor activites (btw it is not water resistance)

if indoor with air conditionor,
I will use Shu Ureuma foam makeup base, contain SPF 30 and PA +++, then apply powder foundation (just very light cover, so that my skin won't be dry by the air conditioning) haha
vogueandlace

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I live in England and the warm weather's just come around (although looking out the window...seems to be quite short lived. gah).
I love Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation for the Summer. I just recently discovered it and prefer it to my Clinique foundation. It's really light and stays on, but the coverage is great as well. Only problem is... no SPF. So I need a new moisturizer!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:09 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:

Are there any BB creams for darker skin tones now? When I first heard about them, they were only available for really light skintones
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I love BareMinerals all year round!
It doesn't make me look cakey/heavy at all... maybe you are using too much? less is more with BareMinerals!!

5% products discount

Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've recently returned to Jane Iredale's PurePressed base after using liquid foundations for a few years. When set with a spray toner (I like Avene's Thermal Spring Water), the effect is absolutely sheer and natural.
Aryanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I think BB creams are really good during summer time. It's lightweight, goes on smoothly and gives you that natural look after application.

I also like Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer. it comes in so many shades (unlike BB creams Wink and covers very well.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
dumb question:

What is BB?
amandaM
5% products discount

Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
I use Omorovicza's complexion enhancer with spf 15, its very light weight which is ideal for summer and it can be added in layers to look like a foundation.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:29 am      Reply with quote
For me, Chantecaille Real Skin works for me if I had to wear foundation in the summer.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:21 am      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:
dumb question:

What is BB?

It's basically a primer, foundation, moisturizer, and sun block all in one so you don't have to waste too much time putting those things on separately
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:39 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
calorblind wrote:

Are there any BB creams for darker skin tones now? When I first heard about them, they were only available for really light skintones

The closest would probably be the Smart Shade from Almay or the one from Revlon. Limited shades that self adjust. I tested it and the color varies depending on the type of moisturizer you have on your skin. I think a silicone rich cream makes it cling on more and gets darker.
Goose
5% products discount

Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have decided to just use concealer...I live in Texas and its soooo humid and hot... Crying or Very sad
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
melanie haber wrote:
dumb question:

What is BB?

It's basically a primer, foundation, moisturizer, and sun block all in one so you don't have to waste too much time putting those things on separately

Thank you, ojc!
Do we have any threads on them here? Or are there any key words to google other than "bb cream" that would be helpful? I'd love to know what brands are most popular/respected.

I'm off to google, and will search here, but will appreciate anyone's additional comment.
havana8

Fri May 06, 2011 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:
oasisjc wrote:
melanie haber wrote:
dumb question:

What is BB?

Thank you, ojc!
Do we have any threads on them here? Or are there any key words to google other than "bb cream" that would be helpful? I'd love to know what brands are most popular/respected.

I'm off to google, and will search here, but will appreciate anyone's additional comment.

You might like some of these threads, melanie:

BB creams already in mainstream market here!
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=40926

have you heard about BB cream?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32513

Skin79 Super+ BB Cream Gold
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=34111

BB Cream
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=32513

Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |