Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Prevage anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone has taken the plunge and bought Prevage yet? I'm feeling adventurous(as if that's news) and might try it myself.

-Cheri
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:47 am      Reply with quote
My dermatologist gave me a bottle of Prevage for free so we shall see....
If this stuff is half as good as everyone claims it is, then it would represent something of a revolution in skin care. I'm not crazy about the texture and smell of it, and you really do have to massage it in - it isn't easily absorbed, but if it yields the results it purports to, that's a rather small price to pay... I'm interested in hearing from others who are using though.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know off-hand whether or not idebenone has been approved by Health Canada?
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I'm bumping this one....I have the idebenone suspended in the Elizabeth Arden Prevage product...I know the Americans are able to get this stuff in a prescription format....does anyone know if this stuff has been approved hy Health Canada? Can we get this via prescription from Canadian doctors/derms?
I hope that someone out there knows Embarassed
Happy New Year, Friends! Very Happy
Pudoodles
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I have tried it and did not notice a difference at all, so I went back to Vivier Vit. C 20%, where that seemed to make my pores appear smaller, skin tone was even and I loved the texture that it seem like my skin is glowing.

It is sold at the Bay store at the Estee Lauder counter, but I believe that the strength is not the same as the prescription.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I meant Elizabeth Arden counter.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
PrevageMD is a stronger version of the one sold in the stores - if you're in the States, I'm pretty sure you can buy it from Amazon.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
[quote="Skincare"]Sorry, I meant Elizabeth Arden counter.[/quote

Hi Skincare Very Happy - I have the EA Prevage....I'm wondering if I can get the prescription form of it from my doctor here in Canada. I heard that it is stronger...(the prescription) and that in the States you can get it from the doctor (in a 1% formulation as opposed to the .5% concentration in the Arden cosmetic formulation)...
Thanks,
Pudoodles Smile
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I tried this when it first came out. I had an awful allergic reaction to it, (other have as well). I think if it works for you great, just be careful, hths. Smile
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, forgot to add if in Canada and want to try the proff. strength, many sites ship here, just try ebay as well, have seen many listed there that ship here, hths.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi. Happy New Year!Make sure to buy Prevage from somewhere with a good return policy. I had an allergic reaction to Prevage that I found out is relatively common. Bummer, because someone I know had such great results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I've used the Prevage MD and I really do like it. It's one of those things that gives you results, but results that are hard to describe. No question that you see the difference when you DON'T use it.

I DON'T like the Elizabeth Arden weaker version.

I'll never understand the principle behind this whole thing though. The Prevage MD is stronger and more effective, but very significantly cheaper!

It's available at a bunch of online sites and also on eBay at even more reasonable prices.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I've used the Prevage MD and I really do like it. It's one of those things that gives you results, but results that are hard to describe. No question that you see the difference when you DON'T use it.

I'll never understand the principle behind this whole thing though. The Prevage MD is stronger and more effective, but very significantly cheaper!

It's available at a bunch of online sites and also on eBay at even more reasonable prices.

I don't understand what the deal is in Canada - from what I understand we only get the half-shot Elizabeth Arden version (which is the one I've used for the past year at $200 a crack!)..I don't want to pay that much for 1/2 the idebenone but I can't find the professional formula in Canada (I still don't understand why it isn't in Canada!)...I think i'll get it from E-Bay (but there are only US sellers)...I find the offerings confusing though...there seem to be two different packages: a greenish one and another one that looks like the Arden 1/2-shot packaging except it says MD on it...Is there a diff between the one that looks like the Arden edition (with the MD on it) and the one in the minty green packaging?
Thanks!Very Happy
Pudoodles
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Prevage MD and had an allergic reaction from it. That was disappointing as most everyone in my Derm's office swears by it. Having very sensitive skin is a bummer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
katee wrote:

I don't understand what the deal is in Canada - from what I understand we only get the half-shot Elizabeth Arden version (which is the one I've used for the past year at $200 a crack!)..I don't want to pay that much for 1/2 the idebenone but I can't find the professional formula in Canada (I still don't understand why it isn't in Canada!)...I think i'll get it from E-Bay (but there are only US sellers)...I find the offerings confusing though...there seem to be two different packages: a greenish one and another one that looks like the Arden 1/2-shot packaging except it says MD on it...Is there a diff between the one that looks like the Arden edition (with the MD on it) and the one in the minty green packaging?
Thanks!Very Happy
Pudoodles

The white/green bottle is the old version MD, the new one is silver. Try this ...they shipped to me in Canda last year..

http://www.eurodayspainc.com/info_pages.php/pages_id/16
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles, you should be thankful that Health Canada doesn't jump the gun to bring product through. Theres lots of label claims that just don't "cut it". A quick phone call to a dermatologist's office would give you an answer. OR send an email directly to Health Canada.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the MD version and it did not agree with my skin but I have been using samples of the regular one and its been a lot better for my skin. My face is not as red and does not sting.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
It is the white, green and silver packaging that I got. Again, the strength is stronger but I did not notice a difference at all. I don't know if you can get it in Canada, I got it from Ebay & I don't plan to repurchase.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I tried the Prevage MD and had an allergic reaction from it. That was disappointing as most everyone in my Derm's office swears by it. Having very sensitive skin is a bummer.

Annie, I feel your pain. I'm allergic too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Pudoodles wrote:
katee wrote:

Thanks!Very Happy
Pudoodles

The white/green bottle is the old version MD, the new one is silver. Try this ...they shipped to me in Canda last year..

http://www.eurodayspainc.com/info_pages.php/pages_id/16

Excellent - thanks, Marina Exclamation SusieQ - I guess i could call a derm or send an email to Health Canada - but usually I can find all my answers right here (EDS is my derm Laughing )..and I usually get additional interesting info/tidbits that I would otherwise miss out on..
Pudoodles
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Just to add to Marina's post, I'm not sure what it was they changed in the formulation, but the new version of Prevage MD is ALOT nicer than the older version. The old version was a sickly yellow color...lol. The new version is far more emollient without ANY grease factor at all...
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I saw Ibedonone powder on sale at Skinactives. I thought about making my own cream since it's so much cheaper.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |