Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
SPF chapstick?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone know some great chapsticks with SPF that aren't drying and doesn't leave a white film on top? I checked MUA and pretty much every single review was horrible, so I was hoping you EDSers have some secrets to share!
clare77
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Pure line from Softlips. All the tints and glosses have 7.5% zinc, and are spf 15. I like physical blocks in SS for lip products b/c it comes off so quickly being on the lip area, this way you can just reapply as needed. Oh and it's only the Pure line of Softlips, not all softlips products that have zinc spf, the others have chem filters.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm totally going to check out the Softlips Pure next time I'm in the States. Another possibility: Jane Iredale Lip Drink SPF 15.

5% products discount

Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:50 am      Reply with quote
Fresh Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15.
I will say it is NOT cheap at 22.50 a stick.

However it is very moisturizing and gives your lips a pretty pink tint.

My sister uses softlips and I'll be sure to "borrow" one from her to try.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:00 am      Reply with quote
I really like my MAC Lip Conditioner. It doesn't leave a white film on my lips, smells great, too.

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale lip drink is excellent for a balm with SPF. It contains 8% ZO.
vogueandlace

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I use Nivea Sun Protect lip balm, it has SPF30 and vitamin E. Really moisturizing and quite cheap as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:10 am      Reply with quote
vogueandlace wrote:
I use Nivea Sun Protect lip balm, it has SPF30 and vitamin E. Really moisturizing and quite cheap as well.

I saw that in the mall the other day, but I went on MUA and a lot of them said it was really drying...
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:10 am      Reply with quote
And I could try the Jane Iredale one, but it seems pretty expensive for just a chapstick =/
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I use burnout's zinc oxide lip balm. It's $4. It has 18.6% zinc oxide and a tiny bit of whiteness but not much. I usually layer some tinted lip gloss from 100% pure on top.

There definitely needs to be a reasonably priced tinted lip product out there with 15-20% zinc oxide! It's so obvious that this product would be fantastic so it's ridiculous that it just does not exist.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
I use burnout's zinc oxide lip balm. It's $4. It has 18.6% zinc oxide and a tiny bit of whiteness but not much. I usually layer some tinted lip gloss from 100% pure on top.

There definitely needs to be a reasonably priced tinted lip product out there with 15-20% zinc oxide! It's so obvious that this product would be fantastic so it's ridiculous that it just does not exist.

Does it have any taste to it? I have one that is a chemical sunscreen, and it's really bitter if it gets in my mouth - that's why I'm looking for another one
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Nimue wrote:

Does it have any taste to it? I have one that is a chemical sunscreen, and it's really bitter if it gets in my mouth - that's why I'm looking for another one

This isn't a chemical sunscreen. It's all natural and it has only zinc oxide for sun protection. I haven't noticed any taste.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
oasisjc wrote:
Nimue wrote:

This isn't a chemical sunscreen. It's all natural and it has only zinc oxide for sun protection. I haven't noticed any taste.

Great, I'll look into it a bit more! Hopefully it doesn't leave a noticeable white film on my lips... my lips are kind of dark though
paulspnao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:21 am      Reply with quote
I liked about the Kiss My Face lip balm is that it contains SPF 15, so it protects my lips from the sun and prevents them from getting chapped or irritated. I also appreciated how 72% of the ingredients are organic. The fewer chemicals I need to come into contact with, the better. I noticed was that on the official Kiss My Face website, they show the lip balm with a cranberry-colored cap, but the one I have has a green cap. Maybe they tweaked the packaging. Bad Grin
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:04 am      Reply with quote
Oh, you might like the Lipcotz SPF 45, with zinc and titanium as filters, and tinted a nude color.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
rockhugger wrote:
Oh, you might like the Lipcotz SPF 45, with zinc and titanium as filters, and tinted a nude color.

That has only 5.5% zinc oxide- not very much.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
rockhugger wrote:

That has only 5.5% zinc oxide- not very much.

Sure, maybe not enough for a full-blown outdoors day--but I feel comfortable wearing it on a workday with only a little sun exposure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:27 am      Reply with quote
How can it be spf 45 when it only has 5.5% zinc? Is it also partially chemical sunscreen too?
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:28 am      Reply with quote
It's got titanium dioxide too, at 4%. It's adequate, but I've been wanting to try some others (with higher zinc and lower price) by Purple Prairie, Burnout, and Badger.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
PSF lip balm with SPF 15
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
EOS (Evolution of Smooth) has a lipbalm with SPF 15:
http://www.evolutionofsmooth.com/products_lip_sphere_spf.html

I like it but much prefer the ones without lip balm. The EOS lip balms are the only ones I've used for the past 2 yrs and love them. I find the Lemon Drop with SPF is a little more slippery than the others.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
For a tinted lip balm with SPF 15 I like Covergirl natureluxe gloss balm. There is a large selection of colors to choose from.
nucleus

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I use alba botanica, spf 25
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Has anybody had any luck finding the Softlips Pure SPF 15 in stores? If so, where, exactly?

TIA! Smile

5% products discount

Mon May 02, 2011 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
This non-waxy formula contains collagen-stimulating peptides to smooth lip texture, lipid molecules for long-term moisturization and dimethicone to protect the delicate moisture barrier. Vitamins A, C and E provide anti-oxidant protection, while shea butter, avocado and sunflower seed oil hydrate and moisturize.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |