Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

what do you think of the clarisonic?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
fulloflove2
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Does it irritate your skin? Do you have sensitive rosacea skin? Does it keep the flakes off or the seborrheic dermatitis off?
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I have had a clarisonic for a few years now and love it! My skin is combination. Very Happy
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Love it too. Also a combination skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have owned several Clarisonic brushes (Original, Mia, Pro) since the day they launched. I don't know if my skin got used to it or what it is... I just don't love it as much as I used to.

But for the first few years I loved it dearly! When I stopped using it for whatever reasons, I would notice an increase of clogged pores.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
It's definitely helpful while doing Obagi. It's a great help with exfoliation and removing the "peelies."

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Better not use it frequently. It can make your skin even thinner. I'm sensitive too and only use 30 seconds to remove heavy makeup. There are better products for peeling and deep cleansing for sensitive skin.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the Mia once a day for about the last year. It can't be as hard on the skin as glycolic acids. Once in a while I skip and use a pineapple enzyme mask instead.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Mia but had to back off from twice daily to once in the evening to remove my makeup. My dermatologist said it was too harsh for my skin and was irritating it.

I am waiting to hear if anyone has ordered the deep pore cleansing brush yet. I'd like to buy that next but worry it might be too harsh.
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
I love mine. I have very sensitive skin. It helps with flaking from Retin-A, and makes the skin SO smooth to the touch.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to hear from ppl who have tried the deep pore cleansing brush too!
Is it available in Sephora yet? or just Clarisonic webstie? Because I know its not available on EDS

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:17 am      Reply with quote
aprilha wrote:
I would like to hear from ppl who have tried the deep pore cleansing brush too!
Is it available in Sephora yet? or just Clarisonic webstie? Because I know its not available on EDS

Sephora has it. But I think skincarerx has better promotions.
It cleanse well but never pulled anything out of my pores...
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I know I'm in the minority but I didn't like it at all. My skin can tolerate some harsh treatments so I don't consider it really sensitive but I found the clarisonic to be way too harsh on my skin (even with the delicate brush). I also developed broken capillaries from the irritation Sad

I tried only using it a few times a week. I wanted to like this brush badly. I tried it twice spaced years apart, but it just doesn't work for me.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I don't like it either. It's not too irritating on my skin but it doesn't do much either. I bought it to clear out my clogged pores but it didn't. For me, it is no better than the micro fiber cloth you get at NCN. If anything, I like the cloth better and at a much lower price. It's not so much that I dislike the Clarisonic, it's just that I'm not very impressed with it either.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Clarisonic works really good for my skin and I've been using it for a few years.
misspisces
5% products discount

Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I really want the clarisonic. Unfortunately I missed the recent 25% off sale. Not sure when the next one is and don't know if I can wait...

Sephora sells the clarisonic for alot more than on here.

I have clogged pores on the side of my face. Hoping this will help me unclog my pores and improve texture.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Many have claimed that it does help with rosacea, while some don't like it at all. I think you really have to try it in order to see if it works for you or not. If you have questions, you should check out their facebook page. They are really keen on answering your questions.
Victoria_Girard

Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Clarisonic. I keep it in my shower and use it every morning. It feels so nice and relaxing and my skin always feels fantastic. I also feel like my skin care products work better with my skin being so clean.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:20 am      Reply with quote
I bought the MIA. I really like it. I waited about 5 years to get it. It is a luxury item and yes, you can clean your face for cheaper, but I must admit I really like it.

I have been an OCM user for years and it really helped clean up my pores. But now with a baby, I just don't have 5-7 minutes to myself for OCM. The MIA does a wonderful job of keeping my face clear and its much faster (I still OCM when I can... but its more like every few weeks or so if time presents).

I really like it with Philosophy's Purity Made simple. That stuff is so gentle and I use the sensitive head brush and I'm in heaven. So nice.

Note: I have rhino skin. I can be pretty aggressive with it, but I did find that the regular brush was just too rough for me. The Mia comes with the two heads and the sensitive one I found made the experience lovely. The other one made it uncomfortable. I only used that brush until the replacement head arrived. I have been thinking of trying the delicate brush to see how that works. I never would have thought I would need anything 'sensitive or delicate', but with this product I do. Maybe that is why some don't love it. I know I wouldn't if it weren't for the softer brushes. I just wish they weren't 25 dollars! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:19 am      Reply with quote
I have just got my clarisonic. I love it , it really cleans my skin and I dont think my skin has ever felt smoother!!
I did however buy the delicate brush as I have a sensitve and sometimes allergic skin. I also keep it in the shower!
I know all I keep saying is If it hadnt been for here I would never have heard of this but its true!!
Thank you once again EDS
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I always chime in on any clarsonic post. I think it is the best beauty tool I have. I use the brush for sensitive skin though. So if you find it too harsh...switch your brush head...there are two softer versions.
Elvisshops
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I know I am in the minority, but I just don't think the Clarisonic is anything special. I own one and only use it occasionally because, due to its high price, I hate to see it languish in a drawer. It doesn't do for me one thing that I can't accomplish just as easily and effectively with a wash cloth.

The overwhelming majority of users who post about this product (and its offspring and imitators) think it's the best thing since sliced bread. However, I have heard several complaints about the Clarisonic causing breakouts and broken capillaries. I experienced neither of these things.

If you have a derm, perhaps you could speak with him/her and get an opinion from someone who knows your skin and how it might react.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:21 am      Reply with quote
You can also try the Olay ProX brush first to see if your skin likes that kind of cleansing. Many people love it due to its equal efficacy and (astronomically) lower price compared to the Clarisonic. Check out MUA for reviews
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I think its a lot of money to spend to wash your face. I won't be buying this product.
havana8

Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
misspisces wrote:
I really want the clarisonic. Unfortunately I missed the recent 25% off sale. Not sure when the next one is and don't know if I can wait...

Sephora sells the clarisonic for alot more than on here.

Not sure if this will help you out, misspisces, but I just noticed that EDS is having a 15% off Mother's Day sale until May 8th: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/content.php?cID=468 Smile
CaryBear
5% products discount

Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:05 am      Reply with quote
I have had my Clarisonic Classic for two years. I don't love it, but it's a heck of alot better than a washcloth. I use mine twice a week. I get really dry if I dare to use it twice a day. I don't like replacing the brush so much it's very expensive. If they made an even gentler brush I think I would like the Clarisonic more.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |