Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help me look my real age :(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
adnax

Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I'm new here but I read posts in this forum all the time...and you people are so knowledgeable about skincare.

I've asked on makeupalley about my issue but I think I'll get a better answer here (unless you're the same people Razz)

I'm 20 years old, recently been through a lot of stress the past 2 years (probably nothing anyone my age could fathom) and it's beginning to show on my skin, or has since november of 2010. I have lines on my forehead now and some by my mouth area starting from my nose which seem to be getting worse every day. My skin is dull and looks congested when it used to be very smooth and clean. Everywhere that I read about aging, the average woman doesn't see any signs until late twenties to early thirties. My family has very good genes so I know this could have been prevented had I been healthier when I was younger and smarter about sun protection.

Im trying to lose weight too, so I am more worried about the laugh lines becoming prominent/permanent!

can anyone advise me on how to reverse what I have done so I can atleast look like a 20 yr old and maintain my skincare from there?

here is what I use now
wash:
>biore steam active cleanser in the shower (sometimes)
>Noxema face wash at night
Creams/Treatments:
>Lumene Time Freeze firming day cream with arctic cloudberry every other day (lately every day) only started this a few weeks ago though
>Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunblock spf 55 OR Garnier anti sun damage/skin renew SPF 28
>Pond's Dry Skin Cream at night
sometimes I pat Vitamin E oil into my skin and try the laugh line massages

here is what I have been thinking of getting
wash:
same biore
>Yes to Blueberries Age Refresh Smoothing Daily Cleanser
Creams/Treatments:
>Kiss My Face C The Change Ester-C® Serum
>Kiss My Face Peaches & Cream Alpha Hydroxy Moisturizer
>Kiss My Face Peaches And Creme Ultra Moisturizer
^I'll use the two moisturizers interchangeably every other day so that I dont use too much alpha hydroxy
>Philosophy Help Me! w/ retinol on my problem areas once every two days til I see a difference, then hopfully reduce
and For NIGHT either:
>Nature's Gate Oh What a Night walnut therapy for overnight renewal
OR
>Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiwrinkle Night Cream

(am I going too overboard?)

I began taking vitamin C, B complex, B 12 every day too. Drinking a lot more water because I neglected that lately. And eating more fruits and veggies.

appreciate any input
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi Adnax. You are the age of one of my kids, so I am approaching this from a moms point of view. First off, is the stress issue ongoing,or has it stopped?I am hoping that is over with.

Believe it or not, at your age the lines can be caused by being dehydrated. Even if you need to lose weight. Are you drinking enough water and having a green smoothie every day? That would help very much.

Also you have time on your side so when you lose the weight and get on a good program your skin will be nice and taut and your facial lines will go away. You need to learn to love fruit and veg and good protein sources for this to happen.

For now you may need to exfoliate a little just to get some of that youthful glow back. Although at your age, your skin should have a speedy skin cell turnover. If you post your skin type, maybe we can come up with a good exfoliating suggestion?

Please understand that good skin starts with good eating and exercise habits. No amounts of skincare can replace a youthful glow and healthy skin. There is a ton of exercise programs out there. The one that works is the one you will use. If you tell me how much you can devote to exercise and what you are willing to do, I can be able to recommend something for you. My son is your age, and he likes P90x.

I really like your current routine. I would just add some type of exfoliation to help your skin along, and an eye cream.

But please stay away from anti-age anything. At your age it should be about developing good habits and sunscreen. And enjoy your youth. You will have plenty of time to buy and use all that anti aging stuff when you really need it. I really don't mean to sound condescending. I would just rather you spend your money on a good quality eye cream, exercise program food, etc. than to try to buy alot of things that many not even be appropriate for your age group. I used to use ponds in my 20's and 30's and noxema. I didn't start on anti aging cream until my mid 30's. I do wish I would have started a good eating habit when I was young because I yo yo dieted so much.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |