Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Inconclusive mammagram report
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Everyone, Just got a call from the radiologist's office saying my digital mammogram came back "inconclusive". Confused I go back Apr. 28 for a redo with the radiologist there on sight. Supposedly, immediately after the redo he will take a good look and discuss with me at that time.
I've heard "inconclusive" results are normal. Anyone dealt with this? Thank you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Hi, Everyone, Just got a call from the radiologist's office saying my digital mammogram came back "inconclusive". Confused I go back Apr. 28 for a redo with the radiologist there on sight. Supposedly, immediately after the redo he will take a good look and discuss with me at that time.
I've heard "inconclusive" results are normal. Anyone dealt with this? Thank you.

Mars,

Yes it happened to me once, thankfully the radiologist was on sight at the time and they immediately re-did the one side. As it turned out it was nothing more than poor positioning of my breast in the mammogram machine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you. I'm trying not to worry, but....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Thank you. I'm trying not to worry, but....

I hear you Mars, Queen of worrying myself! I also had it happen with a pap smear one time, and had to wait a month to have another which was fine, I was a bit of a wreck waiting out that month so I know until you hear those results it's hard not to be anxious, just try! I will be waiting for a healthy report!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
PLEASE try not to worry! Think back to all those times you worried about something and it turned out to be nothing. I'm sure that worry takes far more of a toll on our health than most things.

I decided this years ago after all that sweat lost being "late" a couple of times, or that one pap test that came back class 2 due to mild infections and they tried to insist on a biopsy. No, please don't spend your time worrying - there's nothing to gain from it! Plus it sounds like this could well be a trivial "positioning" error..

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree that worry and stress can and will wreck your health. My mother had breast cancer at the age of 42 in one breast. Crying or Very sad At age 76, she had it in the other breast. Crying or Very sad I'm really trying not to dwell on it.
Thanks you for your support. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Well, you're not your mom, but its understandable to make the comparison. And if you are unable to go without a little stress, there's nothing that says you won't be able to shake off any of the effects!

(btw, I don't know whether my unbiased perspective will mean anything to you, but I googled and inconclusive m's honestly don't sound like anything to be concerned about.)

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I had that happen to me about 2 years ago but then it was fine when I went back for additional mammograms. Not sure what happened but I remember being so scared. A mammogram tech once told me that at certain times of the month our breasts have changes in them due to hormone fluctuations, so its not uncommon to get a report like that. My Obgyn sent me for a mammogram last year because she felt small lumps, that turned out to be nothing at all.

I've also had the same with my pap smears, twice, except the last time I had to have LEEP surgery done. I'm fine now and keep myself on the alkaline side as much as I can, staying healthy as much as I can.

I know how worrying this is though...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Wow! What great support! I really appreciate it. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
Wow! What great support! I really appreciate it. Smile

Mars,

So many women have been through similar situations, and have friends and family who have also. 9 times out of 10 it turns out to be nothing. Smile

We are here to support one another through whatever no matter we are a bit of a family at EDS, Lord knows we spend enough time together. I am glad you reached out, and we can offer our support and hopefully make you less anxious while waiting! Smile
All my best,
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
So many women have been through similar situations, and have friends and family who have also. 9 times out of 10 it turns out to be nothing. Smile

This is so true - I've been there and the waiting is torture, but hang in there, {{hugs}}
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
There are other ways to view the breast besides mammogram. I had a suspicious lump years ago and they sent me for two or three other tests. One was an MRI, another was some type of thermogram.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Mars,

you can also ask your doctor/radiologist to do ultrasound examination of the breasts. Did they do digital mammogram or film (digital is more precise)? Do they have previous results to compare it with?

You can also ask to speak with the radiologist once they redo the tests. They do not always accommodate, but the nice ones do.

Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I had a digital mammo.
I will be speaking with the radiologist immmediately after the redo mammo. Thank you!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Forgot to say, I did not have previous mammogram film to be compared to this one. I lost them. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Mars,

you can probably order old film/digital image from the place you had them done before. That office is supposed to keep them for many years ( I believe 7), they may charge you some fee to do a copy, but they usually try to accommodate. It might be helpful if it can be quickly arranged.

Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I checked out my films from the facility where I had them done previously. My husband and I have moved 3 times recently. I can't believe I lost them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:04 am      Reply with quote
This sounds promising. More women would have breast exams if this were available.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/07/080722113019.htm
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
HI, EDS Friends! Good news for me today. I had an ultrasound on my right breast. Apparently, my digital mammo revealed a tiny cyst. Anyway, the radiologist said it was nothing to worry about!
Thank you all so very much for your concern. It really helped me get through the waiting period without too much freaking out! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
HI, EDS Friends! Good news for me today. I had an ultrasound on my right breast. Apparently, my digital mammo revealed a tiny cyst. Anyway, the radiologist said it was nothing to worry about!
Thank you all so very much for your concern. It really helped me get through the waiting period without too much freaking out! Smile

Great news Mars!!!!!

Thank you for reporting back, and I am so glad it was nothing to be concerned over! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
THANK YOU!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Mars,

FANTASTIC news!!!!!!!
So very happy for you!

Best of health to everyone!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
CHEERS!!!!
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Way to go Mars!!! Very happy to read this. Thanks for letting us know!

And echoing Sigma's words: "Best of health to everyone!"

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |