Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Any weight loss tricks to share?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone,

We've finally made it past (most) of the holidays, and I think more than one of us (me) might be suffering from some extra winter weight. I thought it was high time we all shared some of our weight loss tricks!

As for me, well, in the past all I've pretty much done was starved myself and drank a lot of fresh vegetable and fruit juice. If I can make it past the first few days (I usually cannot) this works rather well.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I lost 80 pounds on weight watchers (points program) in 8 months. I followed their diet and went to the gym 6 days a week for a minimum of an hour (full cardio one day, next day 40 min cardio and 45 weight training). I stopped working out 2 years ago after an illness...and have since gained back 40. Crying or Very sad

so...ummm...yeah...my goal is to get back to my old routine and into my tiny clothes again
Applejax

Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I use to starve myself to stay thin... Really what works for me is a high protein diet with very little refined foods. Alot of people are going crazy buying low carb candy to replace there old habits, but I think this should only be done occasionaly.... Like a reward or special evening. My husband is a doctor and agrees with this diet program. We also try to get to the gym as much as possible. Cardio and strength training are equally as important.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:30 am      Reply with quote
There only one (or a few ways) way to get thin:

Regular exercise - at least 20 minutes 3X/week

Stay away from the high in saturated fat and refined sugar foods, replacing these with fruit+veg, seafood and lean meat

and

Plenty of water!

And those my dears, are not tricks, just blatant common sense.

There are no tricks to losing weight, trust me. Ive found sticking (or attempting to) to the above can never fail.

I was quite overweight in my teens and when I realised it wasnt my stomach that was the problem it was my brain..thats when I began walking on the road to success.

Weight loss is all about educating or re-educating your mind about food - you dont HAVE to eat when youve got nothing to do - this being one of the primary starting points. And dont 'diet' - if you try and eat healthily all the time its not like your making any sacrifices, because your just doing what you normally do. I know its not easy, but you integrate treats - in moderation - into your diet, which will make it easier.

That coupled with a bit of exercise is all you need.

Remember - its all about the mind.

I hope that helps.

Farouk
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
...don't sircuit skin sell a weight loss cream? Just kidding! Very good advice from Farouk (he is a Dr you know!) Have I made my 1000th post yet? Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
YES YES YES Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Dancing Dancing Dancing

....sorry for hijacking Anxious ...do I get a promotion to forum tart now? Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
...don't sircuit skin sell a weight loss cream? Just kidding! Very good advice from Farouk (he is a Dr you know!) Have I made my 1000th post yet? Very Happy

Guapagirl

Dont tempt fate! Mad Ive got my final exams in May! If I pass then Ill be a doc.

(im sure you can tell how much faith I have in myself from that post! Very Happy )

If I ever qualify..all I can think of is trying all the skincare products Ive always wanted...oh la prairie...oh..oh

Back to reality.

Wink

Farouk
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Farouk
You will pass. Have faith. Then we can tell you all about our bunions and piles and incontinence problems and you can give us good advice. There see I have inspired you to pass now. Bet you cant wait. (only joshing you luvvy) I don't have piles.....yet. Rolling Eyes

Liz,
Would Old Hag not be more appropriate? dahhlink.
Ignore me...just finished a 10 hour night shift. A bit hyper at moment. Will be back to nice polite Lori after a nap.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Farouk, there are no tricks. I've been fat twice, most recently got back down to my size in 1997 and have maintained by getting a lot of exercise and cutting way back on refined carbs. I don't drink alcohol or anything with caffiene, but that's because I have a heart condition. Since the holidays some of my clothes are a little tight so I'm playing tennis every morning and running 30-45 minutes most afternoons. For years I went without bread but recently started baking sourdough from a starter I got in Alaska. If I keep baking I'm going to have to run twice a day.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |