Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Yamuna "Save Your Face" Massage (Yamuna Ball)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:22 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Cookie,

not TheresaMary,

but I recently resurrected my old Yamuna balls and book - it is reasonably well written, the pictures could have been a bit better but they are good enough to do the program.

I am trying to do a 5 min one, then specific part for neck (front and back), plus eye area.

It takes a bit more time (15 min), but I am still learning. I do it before going to bed and it feels good and relaxing. Imho it is very important to do bone work and esp. work on the neck area.

HTH

Thanks Sigma, please report back after awhile if you think just doing the short program helps and you see results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Will do.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sigma, thanks for that reminder about the bone work - that's the reason i bought! YAMUNA -somehow life gets in the way and you forget you even HAVE the darned gadgets - i feel like i need to make a list everything i own and post it on the bathroom mirror - these days MC is my Holiest of Holy Grails and everthing pales....still there is the important matter of the bone work.

CookieD - once upon atime when i did the yamuna -i improvised a very short version of the DVD routine (which is all i have) and it was effective- not to mention felt great
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:

CookieD - once upon atime when i did the yamuna -i improvised a very short version of the DVD routine (which is all i have) and it was effective- not to mention felt great

Thanks Moongoddess. When you say you improvised a short version, did you still do all the moves but with shorter times or did you skip certain moves?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have not used my yamuna ball in ages. reading about the good results is motivating me to start again. I had such good results when I started, a nice wide open look. I have the problem of getting excited when I see results, but then after a while it seems like the gadget, etc isnt doing anything and it is hard to keep up. I would like to learn to and discipline my self more to keep things up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:39 am      Reply with quote
Ive had these balls for over a year....and only just started to use them! I got very deterred by the dvd, which I found mega dull and long winded and unrewarding.
The truth which the dvd obscures, imo, is that using the balls is simple and pretty intuitive. It feels really good, and a few minutes gives me an effect which is very much like a few minutes of ironing a shirt...uncrumpling!
My forehead quickly looks better, with this massage, and I feel much more facially open and relaxed.
If there was a simple and straightforward video for this, it would be great.
The pdf is very useful indeed.
I like these balls a lot. I paid a silly amount for them, because I am in the uk and the shipping was a lot.But now that I have overcome my resistance to figuring out how to use them, I really like, and would recommend them.any way of self massaging effectively and easily has got to be good.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:25 am      Reply with quote
I agree 100%. I have the pdf and it is useful for me to read about the technique, as well as watch the dvd. I just wish there was some sort of way she could demo the whole technique for the face on video in a shorter time, or talk you through it on tape or something.

I do like doing it, but timing is always a factor for me.
catski wrote:
Ive had these balls for over a year....and only just started to use them! I got very deterred by the dvd, which I found mega dull and long winded and unrewarding.
The truth which the dvd obscures, imo, is that using the balls is simple and pretty intuitive. It feels really good, and a few minutes gives me an effect which is very much like a few minutes of ironing a shirt...uncrumpling!
My forehead quickly looks better, with this massage, and I feel much more facially open and relaxed.
If there was a simple and straightforward video for this, it would be great.
The pdf is very useful indeed.
I like these balls a lot. I paid a silly amount for them, because I am in the uk and the shipping was a lot.But now that I have overcome my resistance to figuring out how to use them, I really like, and would recommend them.any way of self massaging effectively and easily has got to be good.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
moongoddess wrote:

Thanks Moongoddess. When you say you improvised a short version, did you still do all the moves but with shorter times or did you skip certain moves?

sorry for such a delay CookieD - i did both- sometimes upped the tempo, sometimes skipped moves and sometimes both!! - i mean jeeze who has the time - i just did what i could, when i could -- till i forgot i even had the dam$ thing Arrow and moved on to the next thing....
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
moongoddess wrote:
CookieD wrote:
moongoddess wrote:

sorry for such a delay CookieD - i did both- sometimes upped the tempo, sometimes skipped moves and sometimes both!! - i mean jeeze who has the time - i just did what i could, when i could -- till i forgot i even had the dam$ thing Arrow and moved on to the next thing....

Laughing Isn't that the truth. Thanks Moongoddess.

5% products discount

Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:19 am      Reply with quote
thanks for the booklet tips, I think I might get hold of it. I still use the ball on and off, usually after doing some face exercises but by then I run out of time so checking out the shorter versions would be interesting instead of just improvising my own way!
havana8

Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:15 am      Reply with quote
bumping for Yubs! Smile
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, havana! Very Happy
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I love these things!!!

Using the face balls and really seeing a difference in "something" already. More "open" expression maybe ? Cheeks fuller ?

The balls have a "peachskin" texture that provides a bit of grip/traction on the face, much like the hands are used in Tanaka. This feels like more of a connective tissue massage instead of lymphatic drainage tho, altho it does provide that. Really gives good frontal sinus pressure if congestion is a problem for you.

The DVD with it is pretty boring and after watching it once and getting the areas to be treated memorized I prob wont look at it again. Wasted plastic. Intuitively I think someone could figure out how this works. Feels great!

Waiting for the Body Rolling book to come (found it at Amazon for $4 from a Goodwill Store!) I have tons of balls around so Im sure some of them will work for this.

Thumbs up!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have the Face Balls book or pdf that s/he would sell to me?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:30 am      Reply with quote
I bought the facial workout and the total body workout. I love them both. I carry a lot of tension in my face and this massage is so relaxing and feels so good.
The total workout seems to put everything back into the right place. I have only done it 3 times now and it definitely improves my posture. I am pulling my shoulders forward a lot since I am tall and want to make myself smaller subconsciouly I think. Often I have problems "to hold myself up" , if you see what I mean. I also had nerve pain up my neck and head and it was difficult for me to find a sleep posture and this is alredy a lot better. It is time consuming, but I shall carry on with this program as well as I can. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I know this is an old post but in the search for a facial exercise that feels GOOOOOD and relies on gentle non abrasive movements I came across this a couple weeks ago and finally pulled the trigger when I found it on Amazon. Having used it a couple days in a row now I've had no skin irritation(and my rosacea usually keeps me from handling my skin too much) aside from a red spot where I think I pushed a little too hard and that's gone now. I have TMJ and this hasn't bothered it, if anything my jaw feels great afterwards.

But, I'm not sure that bone stimulation in this sense is really a legitimate thing? Simple pushing on a bone is anti aging? I'm happy enough with the way it feels to continue but I'd like to know more about the claims made about its benefits?
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I just started this back up again and love it. Afterwards, my face looks so much more lifted and refreshed. I'll have to report back about it's anti-aging benefits, I mean, if I see any changes. The last time I used this was ages ago and not for long enough because I had gotten pregnant and it was a rough pregnancy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Well I know what you mean, and to be truly honest with you bone stimulation is something that I think you really start to become aware of when you hit menopause. Its not something that youngsters have to worry about in my opinion, but when the darned hormones start playing up you tend to start notice the bone thing is a factor.

Pushing on the bone is a great way though of stopping the bone just wasting away. I mean its like the old saying “if you don’t use it you lose it” well if you think about the bone, and the face particularly, there isn’t really a lot the skeleton does aside from being the house of the muscles etc so it gets limited movement/exercise. Pushing on the bones definitely does something for my face though. I done facial exercises for 10 plus years and so was a bit sceptical when I heard everyone singing its praises but from the first time I did it I could see a change in my own face. It created a much more relaxed and open appearance, particularly near my eye area where the muscles were already strong – so in my mind it has to have been the effect it had on the bones there.
carlingus wrote:
But, I'm not sure that bone stimulation in this sense is really a legitimate thing? Simple pushing on a bone is anti aging? I'm happy enough with the way it feels to continue but I'd like to know more about the claims made about its benefits?
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
carlingus wrote:

It is refreshing to see someone on this board actually question the legitimacy of the claims made for this (or any) device; all too often members blindly accept what they are told or read without any critical thinking or analysis. So kudos to you carlingus!

In my opinion, simply pushing on a bone does absolutely nothing, and the antiaging claims made by the seller's website are ridiculous. Logically speaking, there is no reason why manual pressure would "stimulate the facial bones, prevent bone loss, keep the bones aligned and lifted, and keep the muscles adhering to their attachments and the bone itself". If you find this treatment relaxing and it's non-irritating to your sensitive skin (and you are willing to put in the time and effort), then I would suggest that you continue to use the Yamuna - just don't expect any miraculous antiaging benefits. Just consider it a type of massage; a unique variation that uses air-filled balls rather than your hands.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so happy I got a couple responses!

My feeling is, if it feels good and isn't hurting me then I don't see any reason NOT to do it. I try and use the yamuna ball time as a sort of meditation. I rarely meditate during the work week, maybe 3 times a week tops, and so my yamuna time is for deep breathing and clearing my mind of outside thoughts to help supplement my actual meditation time. In this sense, it is definitely beneficial and meditation is widely considered a healthy, cortisol lowering, blood pressure lowering practice. But...I don't notice real 'lift' of any kind after I use the balls. I also don't notice any changes in the quality of my skin, it's not any more luminous or relaxed looking. Feeling, yes but not looking. The idea of bone stimulation is great, I'd love to think I'm setting my face up to age gracefully, but maybe it's good enough for me to know that I'm taking some quiet time to feel good and not give a crap if it's making me 'look' better?

Philosophizing on EDS! Sorry all..Got a little carried away.

I'd love to see controlled studies on bone stimulation...long term effects of something like this?

Thanks all! Enjoyed reading your responses.

Carly
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
carlingus wrote:
I'd love to see controlled studies on bone stimulation...long term effects of something like this?

Why bother doing a long term study on something like this? Don't you sleep night after night with a pillow under your head/face and your body resting on a mattress? I don't see how that is mechanically different from rolling and pressing a ball over your face or body; both apply pressure to the bones. As far as I know, no one has ever claimed that reclining during sleep is anti-aging or is "bone stimulation". Am I missing something?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
One more thought, anyone notice sinus pressure relief/improvement? I wake up ever single day VERY stuffed up. I can honestly say something's alleviating that, I noticed this week a lessening of my severe daily sinus congestion/irritation. If that can be attributed to Yamuna then I'd be seriously impressed, I seem to remember either hearing that on the DVD or hearing it from someone online, can't remember but I know there was some mention of the balls coinciding with improved sinuses...I'll wait and see if I continue to notice improvement in this area.
carlingus
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Oops duplicated my post
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:47 am      Reply with quote
It is refreshing and something that should be encouraged but as this is talking about bone, I think its really crucial to be realistic about what in essence is being described here. Bone loss (or its not really loss its diminishment) is well known for happening arounded the dread MO and heaven forbid if you go into that early (yep I did) and so if people aren’t at that stage yet (and please may they never get to that) where the hormones go out of whack you notice a whole load of changes, but bone diminishment or strengthen lessening is one of them. Its interesting for me as I began thinking I had arthritis because I had always been a typist and suddenly started having these strange sensations and just thought it must be old age. Family doctor sent me for blood tests and my hormones were just well out of whack. No surprise considering everything I was going through at the time on top of normal aging but it definitely impacts the body for sure. So I approached both Yumana and FlexEffect with an open minded not convinced about either, but both have given me changes that I’ve noticed. I do like Yumana because it is so relaxing and that in itself is highly beneficial.

Deb of FlexEffect has done various levels of research and that’s worth considering, but also for me a large part of the proof is in the results you see yourself when you look in the mirror. Yumana has you do half the face first and then encourages you to check out both sides in the mirror. Also its not simply pushing, but a prolonged pushing done for a period of time and the fact it has a visible result you can see is important in my book.

Lacy53 wrote:
It is refreshing to see someone on this board actually question the legitimacy of the claims made for this (or any) device; all too often members blindly accept what they are told or read without any critical thinking or analysis. So kudos to you carlingus!

In my opinion, simply pushing on a bone does absolutely nothing, and the antiaging claims made by the seller's website are ridiculous. Logically speaking, there is no reason why manual pressure would "stimulate the facial bones, prevent bone loss, keep the bones aligned and lifted, and keep the muscles adhering to their attachments and the bone itself". If you find this treatment relaxing and it's non-irritating to your sensitive skin (and you are willing to put in the time and effort), then I would suggest that you continue to use the Yamuna - just don't expect any miraculous antiaging benefits. Just consider it a type of massage; a unique variation that uses air-filled balls rather than your hands.

I agree, and I bet if you see results as well that’s proof enough for you (it is for me personally). With the lift, you may not notice any if you haven’t got any sagging etc, but the benefits you mention alone make it worthwhile doing in my opinion. Yamuna isn’t so much focused on the outside but the inside, bone etc and so it may not be immediately apparent but I think like most things the longer you do it the more cumulative the effects are.

I’d also love to see some controlled studies on bone stimulation and facial exercises but I’m not going to put off doing them till they show up.

carlingus wrote:
I'm so happy I got a couple responses!

My feeling is, if it feels good and isn't hurting me then I don't see any reason NOT to do it. I try and use the yamuna ball time as a sort of meditation. I rarely meditate during the work week, maybe 3 times a week tops, and so my yamuna time is for deep breathing and clearing my mind of outside thoughts to help supplement my actual meditation time. In this sense, it is definitely beneficial and meditation is widely considered a healthy, cortisol lowering, blood pressure lowering practice. But...I don't notice real 'lift' of any kind after I use the balls. I also don't notice any changes in the quality of my skin, it's not any more luminous or relaxed looking. Feeling, yes but not looking. The idea of bone stimulation is great, I'd love to think I'm setting my face up to age gracefully, but maybe it's good enough for me to know that I'm taking some quiet time to feel good and not give a crap if it's making me 'look' better?

Carly

Lacy you are kidding me here right. There’s a massive difference. Did you actually try the Yamuna workout? For me that’s the real proof in the pudding itself. Sleeping on a mattress with a pillow under the head cant compare to this workout and its silly for anyone to think it does. Yamuna has a specific sequence of steps, but the rolling and pressing is very specific and done in sequence and context. Its kind of like saying no massage is good for you if you sleep at night – worlds apart both important but both very different things.
Lacy53 wrote:
Why bother doing a long term study on something like this? Don't you sleep night after night with a pillow under your head/face and your body resting on a mattress? I don't see how that is mechanically different from rolling and pressing a ball over your face or body; both apply pressure to the bones. As far as I know, no one has ever claimed that reclining during sleep is anti-aging or is "bone stimulation". Am I missing something?
carlingus
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks TheresaMary.

My thought...It's ok to maintain a level of 'faith' in all our little skincare gadgets so long as we keep our expectations in check. It's also hard to argue if you are seeing the results in the mirror which it sounds like you have, that's awesome.

I also agree that the comparison to sleeping on a mattress isn't quite right. It's a set of controlled, deep movements and deep holds that I don't get naturally from many other activities in my daily life and especially not done with such intention.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |