Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Yamuna "Save Your Face" Massage (Yamuna Ball)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Sunrise
5% products discount

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi, if you watch some of the other body rolling vids you'll get a better idea of the motion.

Basically you're rolling a ball slowly along a 'line' and stopping/pressing into points along the way.

Knuckles wouldn't give the smooth rolling feeling, though of course you could use them like acupressure.
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:49 am      Reply with quote
I for this and tried for the first time yesterday, and I cannot believe how much it opens the face. I really feel like its going to help my teeth grinding and chin snarl. My face looks so much more relased. I would of never guessed that a ball could to this. Thank You very much for sharing your experiences

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto, I did this the other night and it was amazing. I had a lot of pain but that just shows how much tension I've been holding in my face. I also bought the body rolling starter kit, did a bit today, and loving it. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
For those of you grinding your teeth, and showing tension in your face... I would recommend talking with a dentist. It is quite common this sort of thing happens when your bite is misaligned... (at least that was the explanation to me)

Worth checking out! You need those chompers as long as you can keep them!

5% products discount

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I just got this four days ago and I love it. It may be the most instantly effective thing I have tried from EDS. It feels so great that I have twice done it in the afternoon after already doing it in the morning. It is quite addictive!

I got it originally because I thought it might help prevent bone loss (I have periodontal issues), but I can tell it really relaxes and opens the face. Even after using it once, I felt like I looked younger. I also think it is a great adjunct to facial exercise.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Are you girls that are getting results doing both sides everyday? I am. This is I think my third day. I took before and afters and it looks like i had botox in the brows, botox in the chin(ive had it before to help the snarl) and somethin to plump cheeks. I skipped yoga to do the yaumun dvd, lol. I hope I can keep it up, time wise. I can't tell the boyfriend i have to stay in and work on my face, lol

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
A special thanks to Sunrise for her review of the Yamuna Save Your Face program. I ordered and have been using it a couple of weeks and really like the results. It is relaxing and something I am doing right after I wake up in the morning...should do it before bed as well. As others have noted my face looks rested and relaxed and lifted. I think for the long term there will be very positive results with bone and alignment. I will say the dvd is long and not one that you want to pop in and do your workout with...too long because it is from an actual class. But the information is really good and should be watched several times to get the technique correct. I called the company after using it a week and asked about purchasing an additional face ball....working two at a time would get my total face down in half the time. They said they hadn't had a request for an additional ball before. I think I will continue with one ball and decide later about an additional ball. The concept makes sense to me, especially since Deb Crowley has brought the idea of bone loss in the face and has developed some techniques in her new Flexeffect edition to improve it. The Yamuna program is encouraging bone growth as well and encouraging relaxing the muscles and bone to their proper placement.....tension and age tends to draw the face inward. Anyway, I really like it and plan to order more of her programs in the future for the body.

5% products discount

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Toby, you read my mind...I was just wondering about getting another ball, though I also thought that I might not have enough strength to use just one had per ball. Currently, I usually use both hands with the one ball. I agree the DVD is long. I have tried using the "Other side" part on both sides, but now that I feel like I have memorized the routine, I do both sides in an integrated way. I.e I do the whole forehead before moving on to the cheeks, etc. This feels more natural that doing all one side and then all of the other.

5% products discount

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to mention that it seems to take me about thirty minutes to do the routine without using the DVD.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:49 am      Reply with quote
LBH wrote:
Toby, you read my mind...I was just wondering about getting another ball, though I also thought that I might not have enough strength to use just one had per ball. Currently, I usually use both hands with the one ball. I agree the DVD is long. I have tried using the "Other side" part on both sides, but now that I feel like I have memorized the routine, I do both sides in an integrated way. I.e I do the whole forehead before moving on to the cheeks, etc. This feels more natural that doing all one side and then all of the other.

I agree with all you are saying. After doing the routine today I did hear the instructor say some people have a hard time falling asleep if they do this before bed....so mornings are better I guess. I continue to be impressed...it all makes sense and it is another approach to ward off the aging!!!!Also it is good for the entire body!

5% products discount

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I found it very interesting when Yamuna mentions that relaxing the jaw can help open the hips and increase flexibility there. As a life-long night grinder and a long-time yoga practitioner, I am quite curious to see if regular Yamuna treatments will help both the grinding and my flexibility.

5% products discount

Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies,

I'm thrilled to hear you guys are loving (or at least enjoying) it! I'm dashing out the door but will write a bit more as soon as I have another chance, I've been ridiculously busy, it's great to chat with other folk using the ball as well and compare notes!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I happen to have a yoga ball similar to the Yamuna face ball so this morning I use both. I really liked doing both sides of the face at the same time. This is so interesting and the lift to the face is so nice. I see the cheeks perking up. Very Happy

5% products discount

Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing this every morning for the last two and a half weeks, after Safetox and AALS (done simultaneously) and I have to say that it really works. My horizontal forehead lines (much reduced from about six months of Safetox) are not visible at all after doing the Yamuna . By the end of the day, they have come back a little, but I do Yamuna the next morning and they are gone again. I am still trying to figure out if there is an accumulative effect....I haven't taken any pictures yet.

I am really pleased with this. It works and your face feels so good when you do it.

Now I am curious about the balls/routine for the body...especially hands and feet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I am so loving this Yamuna system, I would like to get one of the body ones also.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Oooh I want one! It sounds like it would be a very beneficial anti-aging preventative measure that can be used at home and by the sounds of it very easily.

This is going on my wish list Razz

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
After three weeks using yamuna face system I have noticed the face lifting in the following areas...eye brows and forehead, cheeks lifted right under the outer eye corner area. This cheek lifting is interesting because I haven't seen that before with facial exercises. Facial exercises have lifted the the apple of the cheeks right up in the "apple" area....this is nice but when smiling it can cause some wrinkling. This lift I am seeing in the under eye corner of the cheek lifting doesn't cause any issues of wrinkling when smiling. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Toby how does this compare to facial exercises? Is it purely complimentary or do you think it would act well also being used alone?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
LBH
5% products discount

Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I think it could be used alone...your head just feels so good afterwards, like your body does after a good yoga class. That said, I am doing it in conjunction with Flex Effect and it is a great complement to that program.

I am still in a state of disbelief that using this ball on my face can eradicate all trace of forehead lines! I just turned 47, so I am really impressed and delighted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
Toby how does this compare to facial exercises? Is it purely complimentary or do you think it would act well also being used alone?
Everyone is different with their needs, age, and face shape. For me I can see opening with the entire face and a lift in the cheeks that I haven't seen before. The n/l area is nice and smoothed out. I still rely on the Safetox for the forehead but that is due to my age and area of intense frowning. But I will say it is nicely handling that area. Is it a stand alone techinique??? I am not sure, it would depend on the needs of the individual. Is it complimentary to facial exercises....you bet!!!!It feels good, wakes me up in the morning, and in the long run is going the thicken bone and keep the facial skeleton in alingment. As I see it....win win situation! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Those that ordered the "Save your Face", did you also order the pump?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Those that ordered the "Save your Face", did you also order the pump?

I didn't.

5% products discount

Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:54 am      Reply with quote
I didn't either, but I am now wondering if I should have because the larger ball was only about 75% inflated when I got it. I thought it was supposed to be that way, since you put it on the ground under your head, but maybe not. Did anyone else get a kit with the larger ball visibly underinflated?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Yes the larger ball is suppose to be like that. I don't use the ball undetermined my head because I feel more comfortable with a pillow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Toby, I'm looking into purchasing the Yamuna ball but am in Australia so it will probably be quite difficult to get my eager hands on.

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |