Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Yamuna "Save Your Face" Massage (Yamuna Ball)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Sunrise
5% products discount

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:12 am      Reply with quote
wow, great to hear other people's good results! I've been too busy to be consistent as usual but am now going to try for every 2 mornings, alternating with facial exs.

Toby are you still using 2 balls at once? I'm thinking bout trying to get another one, or something similar. Must feel weird having two that feel different (well for me, anyway!).

PS Toby I sent you a PM late last month, replying to one of yours - maybe you didn't see it? I'll try again.. (the system seems to always log me out even though I specify to stay logged in - so I don't always see if I have any messages unless I log in again).
Sunrise
5% products discount

Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Also - I concur with Toby on using the balls while lying down on a pillow. I tried it again with the big ball the other day and it just wasn't comfortable for my neck. Though I do have a sensitive neck. Obviously it's just fine for many people.

Oh - another PS to Toby - how long are your ball sessions? I'm assuming you're not doing them to the video anymore....
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:07 am      Reply with quote
Darn.... I was going to be so good this month with money and already on reading this thread its gone out the window and I'm going to order this. So let me get this right, you balance your head on one ball (but you can use a pillow instead). The routine takes about 1/2 an hour and is done lying down. If you do both sides at the same time can you cut that time down? I take it there's no reason you can't do both sides at the same time either (sometimes I've found there are recommendations to do one side at a time with things so just want to try and make sure Im understanding correctly).

Sunrise I see you have done it a few times already. Do you (or are you) able to shorten it. I mean is it like the others that you have to do everything and they recommend everything rather than just treating problem areas?

I'm already so excited about this - and I thought by now I'd be over that! ha ha who says you can't treat an old dog like me new tricks!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:22 am      Reply with quote
I have done the program every day since I have gotten it...now that speaks volumes! Laughing I love how it makes my face feel and look. As I have gotten older I have found that if I have procedures in my skincare routine that "feel good" these are things I will actually stay with. This one is certainly a keeper! I only did the workout with the dvd a couple of times...I now do the routine with two balls and can conplete it in 10 to 15min. I do the session first thing in the morning before I even turn on the light. I keep the balls right beside my bed and find it a wonderful way to start the day!I am using the face ball that came with the program and another yoga ball that is somewhat smaller for the other side. To start the program I think it is good to use just one ball until you get the technique but I am always fighting for time so I had to resort to doing both sides at the same time...I actually think it is more effective...just like facial exercises...both sides done at the same time. Wink

5% products discount

Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Teresa Mary - I think Toby's already answered your questions so no need for me to repeat her.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:38 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Toby and Sunrise, I've ordered it based on your recommendation and can't wait for it to get here!
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:09 am      Reply with quote
I received my Save Your Face Kit today. You can really feel the stimulation of your facial bones when you use it. I always thought you would have to press hard to affect your facial bones. The ball seems to do the job quite well. I used the bigger ball under my neck and felt it to be very uncomfortable. But, Yamuna says using the ball will make your chin point towards your chest. That is the position she wants your head in during the routine. I don't know if you can achieve the correct positioning with a pillow. When I was finished I did the mirror check. It's unbelievable how a relaxed face can make you look younger. Also, I didn't feel energized by the routine. I felt so relaxed that I wanted to take a nap afterwards. I am just hoping that the effects of doing this will be cumulative. It is definitely a great compliment to facial exercises.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:22 am      Reply with quote
You know I'm going to have to get myself this, but from what everyones saying it does sound like combining it is a great idea. I really like that people are saying it relaxes and reduces tension, so it may help speed up muscle recovery. I've not ordered yet, got 101 things to do but plan on ordering and will share my thoughts when I have the kit.

5% products discount

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
hey cool, Sean, I'll be very interested to hear what you think when you eventually get it. Smile
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
this has been on my list of things to purchase when i have extra money. Now that you're purchasing it Sean, it's up there with rent, phone, gas....

ps
Toby, i am gonna go broke if i keep reading your posts Exclamation ageless secret is next and on and on .....xo
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Well thanks to Tobys advice on the Yamana ball and being able to use a small sized yoga ball as an alternative (also since I'm in Australia it makes it quite hard to purchase) I have decided to purchase one and found a very reasonable alternative on eBay for under $6.00AUD if anyone would like the link please dont be to shy too ask. I will make an update when it arrives in the mail Smile

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I've been finding I get much better results if i use both hands(weak wrist strengt?) and actually go thru the dvd and concentrate. very time consuing but hey, whatever it takes...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered this, can't wait to get it. Also am ordering the silver ball kit with the dvd. Looks like a perfect compliment to face and body exercises! I ordered from Amazon since they have the free shipping.
xxstardustxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have the Yamuna balls so have improvised and been using 2 jade balls of approx the same size and, as they are incredibly heavy, I've just been guiding them over my face and forehead whilst laying down.

The feeling is quite intense but isn't that the aim of this anyway - to exert pressure on the bone and muscle?

It feels really good to do and the coolness of the jade is very pleasant so, unless any negative effects occur, I'm going to continue with this.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:42 am      Reply with quote
My dvd arrived this morning, and I've watched it and made some notes but want to watch it again. It looks great so far and there's lots of stuff that this woman says that is very muhc in common with what we've discovered and used in flexing - and it seems to be a complete program. I love how she works from top to bottom (much like us at FlexEffect because it takes into account Herrings Law from my nutritional studies). Secondly its all about the bone, and releasing tension. Tension is so chronic a condition in today's lives and we all carry round unnecessary tensions so if there is a tool that will help people relieve themselves of tension - I'm all for it and this seems to be a good one. I think there's a lot of talking which perhaps could have been edited or put into a more user friendly format, but hey it seems to be a complete system to my mind. I want to rewatch it but I also thought it was great when she was talking about the importance of posture as thats something I've been really advising people to pay attention to because it does have a powerful impact.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sean, I can't wait until you try it. I really think you'll like it. Please keep us updated.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:49 am      Reply with quote
I want to watch it a few more times, but will probably give it a real try at the weekend when I'm not having to rush around so much.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
LBH wrote:
I forgot to mention that it seems to take me about thirty minutes to do the routine without using the DVD.

LBH and Toby, was it fairly easy to memorize the routine? Do you have any tips or tricks for getting it down?

I just got my kit today (ordered it after reading this thread -- couldn't resist!) and have only had time to view about half the DVD. As Toby said, it's long, and not one you'd want to spend that much time on every day. So I'm anxious to memorize the routine and do it on my own. I'm thinking I'll jot down the sequence and study that to help memorize it.

I really wish Yamuna would come out with a follow-along face rolling DVD that would omit all the instructing and only take a half hour or less. I'm going to write them with that suggestion. Maybe if several of us did, they would consider it?

Sean, I'm another one anxious to hear all your thoughts and comments on this; will be watching for them!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sovajo wrote:
LBH wrote:
I forgot to mention that it seems to take me about thirty minutes to do the routine without using the DVD.

LBH and Toby, was it fairly easy to memorize the routine? Do you have any tips or tricks for getting it down?

I just got my kit today (ordered it after reading this thread -- couldn't resist!) and have only had time to view about half the DVD. As Toby said, it's long, and not one you'd want to spend that much time on every day. So I'm anxious to memorize the routine and do it on my own. I'm thinking I'll jot down the sequence and study that to help memorize it.

I really wish Yamuna would come out with a follow-along face rolling DVD that would omit all the instructing and only take a half hour or less. I'm going to write them with that suggestion. Maybe if several of us did, they would consider it?

Sean, I'm another one anxious to hear all your thoughts and comments on this; will be watching for them!

I called the number on the website and asked if there were some diagrams to go along with the dvd and was told they are working on that but it is not available at this time. life has been so busy I haven't had the chance to make some diagrams but I do intend to do that. I have the routine down pat and using two balls I get done in less then 15 minutes....it is an every morning thing!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Toby. It occurred to me after posting my message that a little booklet with the routine would be nice to include with the kit, and here you'd already thought of that! I hope they do make something like that available.

I'm really glad to hear the routine can be done in just 15 minutes with two balls; I'll definitely be doing that after learning the routine. I have a set of Elaine Petrone's "Miracle Balls" that I got years ago, and they're just a bit larger than Yamuna's facial ball, so I should be good to go!
Sunrise
5% products discount

Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, you can just write down the movements - I did that, though I only got about half way (must finish that, haha!).

The miracle balls might be a little soft and a little big, I used to have them, loaned them to someone and never got them back so perhaps my judgement is out on it as it's been a long time.... so try them out and see what you think. If they work for you then great!

Sean if you like this you might be interested in her bodyrolling book - one is basic with routines (which I have) the other I think is more complex with more theory behind it. (I'm sure they don't include the face though as they were written a long time ago.)

I started using facetox again after a long lull, and really I love the combo of it with the ball - all lines totally vanish, not to return till hours later. (I hope I will remain consistent now!).

The other day I decided to try using the big ball instead of a pillow - makes me realise I normally jut my chin out a little - since I had found the ball uncomfy on my neck (and my neck is pretty sensitive anyway), though this time I seemed to get it in a position that wasn't uncomfortable - with chin way way closer to neck, though it's not so natural for me thus it's reasonably comfy but not 100% when doing it for a long period of time, but I'm going to try it again, as I think if I can get used to it it may be helpful for my alignment. So for those doing it on a pillow I recommend checking out the bigger ball for short periods only with postoral change, finding the right place to contact with the ball that could be comfy.... but never stay there if it's not going to be reasonably comfy. Or just stop if it stops being that way. (or adjust). It could be helpful in the long run for body alignment.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Thats interesting Toby - on the dvd she actually refers to a booklet, but maybe its only one available to people who take the live class with her. I do think that it should be easy for them to write something out to help people. With using two balls, do you find that your able to use the same pressure with both hands easily and moving it/rolling the ball? I need to really sit down and watch it and do it and I'm hoping to be able to do it at the weekend when I've got some play time.
Toby wrote:
I called the number on the website and asked if there were some diagrams to go along with the dvd and was told they are working on that but it is not available at this time. life has been so busy I haven't had the chance to make some diagrams but I do intend to do that. I have the routine down pat and using two balls I get done in less then 15 minutes....it is an every morning thing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Sean and others,
My thoughts about using two balls.....Using two balls makes sense to me probably because of doing facial exercises that way, and to make the best use of my time. I do start off with the first position on the area where the 11's are with one ball, then move the the other points with two balls. I end with the slide down the neck to the chest using one ball. I actually think using two balls strenghtens the wrist which is a good thing, but if someone has weaker wrists they may want to stick with one ball.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:04 am      Reply with quote
I can see the time saving benefits for sure of using two balls, so its good to know that you can use the same pressure without difficulty, and I think your right it probably is good for the hands and wrists. I see she's got a foot program that I think I will want to try next for sure. Soo many things out there that I want to get round to!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:22 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
I can see the time saving benefits for sure of using two balls, so its good to know that you can use the same pressure without difficulty, and I think your right it probably is good for the hands and wrists. I see she's got a foot program that I think I will want to try next for sure. Soo many things out there that I want to get round to!

My good friend ordered the foot and body program and LOVES both of them. She is wanting to get the face one next!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |