Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Yamuna "Save Your Face" Massage (Yamuna Ball)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Sunrise
5% products discount

Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I have a whole bunch of her vids (when they were still VHS, lol!). And the foot one on DVD, gotta try and pump up the balls and get back to it! The small hard foot savers are tough but good... haven't done that one for ages either, cos I've been doing some feldenkrais foot exs instead when I felt the need. But I always loved rolling down the spine, and other bodyrolling workouts. Why do we stop? Not enough time, I guess! So many other things to do as well! haha
LBH
5% products discount

Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure how to quote...but here goes

[LBH and Toby, was it fairly easy to memorize the routine? Do you have any tips or tricks for getting it down?
]

Sovajo,

It is easy to memorize the routine since, like Tanaka, it just follows different lines on the face. I watched/listened to the dvd the first three times and then realized I had the routine down.

Btw, I always use the larger ball under the head for two reasons. First, since it is much harder than a pillow, it offers resistance to the downward push of the little ball. And second, it presses into the occiput which is a place many of us store a lot of tension...the feeling is similar to how it feels when you press acupressure points..it hurts in a good way. When I am all done with the routine, I often feel energy zinging around my head.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
I called the number on the website about the little manual and the said it is not available, but then I called the shipping department. She sent one in pdf form for 10 dollars, it is helpful because it contains some variations for the eyes and mouth

5% products discount

Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
That's interesting miracleskin, thanks.
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:53 am      Reply with quote
echoecho wrote:
Well thanks to Tobys advice on the Yamana ball and being able to use a small sized yoga ball as an alternative (also since I'm in Australia it makes it quite hard to purchase) I have decided to purchase one and found a very reasonable alternative on eBay for under $6.00AUD if anyone would like the link please dont be to shy too ask. I will make an update when it arrives in the mail Smile

Hi echo,

that would be great if you could post a link,

thanks

Jackie xx
Sovajo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I called the company after using it a week and asked about purchasing an additional face ball....working two at a time would get my total face down in half the time. They said they hadn't had a request for an additional ball before. I think I will continue with one ball and decide later about an additional ball.

Toby, when you called and they told you no one had requested an additional ball before, did they say that you could order one? Did they happen to quote a price? I emailed them six days ago about getting an extra face ball, but never received a reply.

I don't see any place on their web site to order additional/replacement balls, so I assume it would have to be ordered by phone, if they do sell them separately?

Thanks!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Sovajo wrote:
Toby wrote:
I called the company after using it a week and asked about purchasing an additional face ball....working two at a time would get my total face down in half the time. They said they hadn't had a request for an additional ball before. I think I will continue with one ball and decide later about an additional ball.

Toby, when you called and they told you no one had requested an additional ball before, did they say that you could order one? Did they happen to quote a price? I emailed them six days ago about getting an extra face ball, but never received a reply.

I don't see any place on their web site to order additional/replacement balls, so I assume it would have to be ordered by phone, if they do sell them separately?

Thanks!

Yes you can order an extra face ball for about 22.00, and you can do so by calling.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:

Yes you can order an extra face ball for about 22.00, and you can do so by calling.

Thank you!
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:00 am      Reply with quote
What - thats a bit naughty isn't it.
miracleskin29 wrote:
I called the number on the website about the little manual and the said it is not available, but then I called the shipping department. She sent one in pdf form for 10 dollars, it is helpful because it contains some variations for the eyes and mouth

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:33 am      Reply with quote
miracleskin29 wrote:

Miracleskin29, how did you find the number for the shipping department? I'd like to call and get the pdf manual, but I don't see a number for "shipping dept." on their "Contact Us" page.

Thank you!
Peggotty
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

for all those using the balls, are they a hit? I am def figuring out whether I should purchase to help relax the face. Do I have to buy the air pump also when I buy the kit? I couldnt find it on the website sold seperately and the cost.

Thanks for any info!
miracleskin29
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Savajo, I didn't save the number to my phone after I called. But I know I got the actually got the number in the first place by calling the main number. hope that helps

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Peggotty wrote:
Hi all,

for all those using the balls, are they a hit? I am def figuring out whether I should purchase to help relax the face. Do I have to buy the air pump also when I buy the kit? I couldnt find it on the website sold seperately and the cost.

Thanks for any info!

I think the balls are great! my face looks more open and youthful and i think my nasolabiel folds are much better . also my eye are more open and eylid is more lifted. You don't need a pump with the face savers kit

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your input. I think I am def going to get them. There is a yamunna ball practitioner in Chicago who teaches body rolling. I contacted her to see if she could also teach me the face exercises and if I like them, I can buy the kit directly from her. My question is, do you think the DVD is enough to train me to use the balls or should I also pay for a session for the practitioner to show me also? Is the DVD pretty self explanatory and those who purchased the kit: did you find the DVD easy to follow?
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
I found the dvd very easy to follow. She tells you step by step what to do. I think if the teacher can give you tips and alternative exercises to follow, it might be worth it. But the dvd, I think, is self explanatory. Smile
Peggotty
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your response. I think I will try my best with the DVD. A private one on one session with the practitioner, is way too out of my budget right now. Thanks!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:07 am      Reply with quote
I have gotten several emails concerning the balls that I use for this program and I thought it might be helpful to post a picture of the actual ball that comes with the program and the other one I use. I am continuing to do this program while in the bed in the morning....nice relaxing wake up. It does open up the forehead and relax the face and is a great supplement to facial exercises but for me it doesn't replace them. The one on the bottom is the Yamuna ball and the other one is a yoga ball I had.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm so annoyed as I think the book should be included as its pretty pricey. I called up and they tell me the book isn't available and that one hasn't been written (which is most frustrating as it obviously has). Could you share with us the email addy you got it from? I don't mind paying for it, but its a bit creepy their behaviour. It doesn't exist - well why does the creator mention it on the dvd then?
miracleskin29 wrote:
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I agree TheresaMary, this kit is not cheap and a booklet should be included. I almost have the routine memorized after watching the DVD a few times. But, I made myself some diagrams. It is faster to get through the routine if I don't have to watch the DVD.

TheresaMary wrote:
I'm so annoyed as I think the book should be included as its pretty pricey. I called up and they tell me the book isn't available and that one hasn't been written (which is most frustrating as it obviously has). Could you share with us the email addy you got it from? I don't mind paying for it, but its a bit creepy their behaviour. It doesn't exist - well why does the creator mention it on the dvd then?
miracleskin29 wrote:
Sovajo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:57 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
miracleskin29 wrote:

Hi TheresaMary,

I purchased the pdf manual a couple of days ago, and am VERY glad I did; it's excellent! It's 23 pages, with photo illustrations and detailed instructions. It includes a 5-Minute Session, a 15-Minute Session, a 30-Minute Session, as well as illustrated instructions for Detailed work around the eye; Cheekbone; Outside edges of lips; Detailed work on upper lip; Lower lip; Front of neck; Back of neck.

I'm tempted to say that a person would almost not need the DVD if she/he had the manual, but of course there's nothing like actually seeing the moves being done, and I'm glad to have the DVD.

I simply called the toll-free contact number on their web site and spoke with a very nice, very helpful woman. I told her I had purchased the Save Your Face kit, that I understood there was a pdf manual available, and asked how I could get one. She said she would be happy to send me one, but that its price is $10. I said that would be fine, so she took my name, CC info, etc., and before our conversation was through, I saw the file had arrived in my inbox!

Because the manual is so helpful, I totally agree that it should be included WITH the balls and DVD kit. And $10 is pricey! Still, I wanted it badly enough to spend the ten bucks, and am not sorry I did.

Hope this was helpful!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sovajo

I am sure its an excellent manual, and I know she discusses it on the dvd which is what annoys me most, and then when I emailed they said there was none, which is a bit deceptive to me.

I ove the idea of a 5 minute session, 15 minute etc as if you were to follow the dvd and do one side at a time, it takes ages and there is no way I can do that each and every day. I really do like it though and it feels so good. I'm shocked though how much tension is in my face and the difference it makes. Also as someone said earlier, you don't have to use a load of pressure to have an impact. Its truly amazing.
Sovajo wrote:
Hi TheresaMary,

I purchased the pdf manual a couple of days ago, and am VERY glad I did; it's excellent! It's 23 pages, with photo illustrations and detailed instructions. It includes a 5-Minute Session, a 15-Minute Session, a 30-Minute Session, as well as illustrated instructions for Detailed work around the eye; Cheekbone; Outside edges of lips; Detailed work on upper lip; Lower lip; Front of neck; Back of neck.

I'm tempted to say that a person would almost not need the DVD if she/he had the manual, but of course there's nothing like actually seeing the moves being done, and I'm glad to have the DVD.

I simply called the toll-free contact number on their web site and spoke with a very nice, very helpful woman. I told her I had purchased the Save Your Face kit, that I understood there was a pdf manual available, and asked how I could get one. She said she would be happy to send me one, but that its price is $10. I said that would be fine, so she took my name, CC info, etc., and before our conversation was through, I saw the file had arrived in my inbox!

Because the manual is so helpful, I totally agree that it should be included WITH the balls and DVD kit. And $10 is pricey! Still, I wanted it badly enough to spend the ten bucks, and am not sorry I did.

Hope this was helpful!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Can someone tell me what the difference is between using the ball and a facial roller.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, I think it's more manipulation of the bones in the face, separation, lifting, etc. I only get to do this once or twice a week but my face loves it. I got it down to half hour to 45 minutes while watching TV.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Keliu, I think it's more manipulation of the bones in the face, separation, lifting, etc. I only get to do this once or twice a week but my face loves it. I got it down to half hour to 45 minutes while watching TV.

Wouldn't the Vaculifter do the same thing more effectively?????

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
It is more like applying pressure with the ball on certain points on the face and holding it for a count of 10. You literally feel the release in that area before you move on. It is not so much "ball rolling" as it is applying pressure to open up the face and get the alignment positioned.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |