Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Silk’n FaceFX Home Fractional Device
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
havana8

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
I can't figure this device out. They are describing their device as a "home fractional light based treatment for skin rejuvenation and anti-aging" and "Multiple technologies combined into a single system. HF (Home Fractional) is the synergy of healing heat energy and optical energy combined to produce long term clinical results."

What is meant by "home fractional" treatment? Is the addition of heat the only difference between this and other light therapy devices that use red light on the market?

Here's the website link:
http://www.silkn.com/FaceFX

Facebook link with before and afters:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=145558525509460&set=pu.136252016440111&type=1&theater
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I don't understand it either. From what you mentioned in your post, I thought it must be a rival to the PaloVia (which is a fractionated laser for home-use). But it doesn't operate in the same way as the PaloVia - it definitely looks more like an LED. So what exactly does "Home Fractional Light Based" mean?

If this devices fixes lip lines as in the before and after photos - I want one!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:09 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
I can't figure this device out. They are describing their device as a "home fractional light based treatment for skin rejuvenation and anti-aging" and "Multiple technologies combined into a single system. HF (Home Fractional) is the synergy of healing heat energy and optical energy combined to produce long term clinical results."

What is meant by "home fractional" treatment? Is the addition of heat the only difference between this and other light therapy devices that use red light therapy on the market?

Here's the website link:
http://www.silkn.com/FaceFX

Facebook link with before and afters:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=145558525509460&set=pu.136252016440111&type=1&theater

The first link you posted has a "live person" up in the left hand corner, it shows online now. Perhaps the person you chat with can assist with more information about the technology? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Do you think this device is instead or could be used in addition to the Palovia? Too many devices, not enough hours in the day, lol!! Very Happy
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
The wording is quite clever; "fractional light" as opposed to "fractional laser"..what fractional light is, I'm not sure! Does it mean pulsed light? Think

Being a big ole sceptic, it looks as though the pictures have slightly different expressions (she's smiling a little in the "After" picture).

Fractional at-home devices are such a hot topic right now, it strikes me as jumping on the bandwagon. Confused

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
Do you think this device is instead or could be used in addition to the Palovia? Too many devices, not enough hours in the day, lol!! Very Happy

Who knows???? Now that I've returned my Palovia I'm practically frothing at the mouth over this! God I love a gadget - I just wish something would actually work!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I think this device goes by the name Silk'N Reju in Europe and elsewhere; at least the Reju looks a lot like the FaceFX to me. It is manufactured by Home Skinovations Ltd in Israel. According to the specs for the Reju, the Light source is LEDs with wavelength peak emissions at 645nm. The intensity power is listed at 250mW +/- 35% (?). Treatment time is 5 to 7 minutes per area, moving the device in small circular motions.

In contrast, the PaloVia operates at a wavelength of 1420 +/- 20nm with a maximum energy output of 15mJ.

http://www.silknreju.com/silknreju/userfiles/RejuManualEN.PDF

http://www.palomarmedical.com/products/palovia-skin-renewing-laser.aspx

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
I think this device goes by the name Silk'N Reju in Europe and elsewhere; at least the Reju looks a lot like the FaceFX to me. It is manufactured by Home Skinovations Ltd in Israel. According to the specs for the Reju, the Light source is LEDs with wavelength peak emissions at 645nm. The intensity power is listed at 250mW +/- 35% (?). Treatment time is 5 to 7 minutes per area, moving the device in small circular motions.

In contrast, the PaloVia operates at a wavelength of 1420 +/- 20nm with a maximum energy output of 15mJ.

So Lacy, is this device merely another LED or is there something "new" about it?

Or maybe the Silknreju is a basic LED and the SilknFX has something "new" about it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Lacy53 wrote:

So Lacy, is this device merely another LED or is there something "new" about it?

Or maybe the Silknreju is a basic LED and the SilknFX has something "new" about it.

The full name for the device is Silk'N FaceFX Skin Rejuvenation LED Device (on the FaceBook page). On the Canadian shopping website it is called Silk'N FaceFX Anti-Aging Light Device. I am sure they are the same device, and the use of the name Reju is just the short-form of Rejuvenation (for the European market).

I found the clinical study for the Reju (in German) which calls the device an LED system consisting of 24 LED lights predominantly in the 635nm wavelength. If you look closely at the FaceFX pictures, it appears that there are 24 small circles on the head of the device. I really don't see anything new about this device at all; in fact it has been around since 2009. Based on the selling price ($250-$300) I think it is just a regular LED device, most likely in the red range.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
The full name for the device is Silk'N FaceFX Skin Rejuvenation LED Device (on the FaceBook page). On the Canadian shopping website it is called Silk'N FaceFX Anti-Aging Light Device. I am sure they are the same device, and the use of the name Reju is just the short-form of Rejuvenation (for the European market).

I found the clinical study for the Reju (in German) which calls the device an LED system consisting of 24 LED lights predominantly in the 635nm wavelength. If you look closely at the FaceFX pictures, it appears that there are 24 small circles on the head of the device. I really don't see anything new about this device at all; in fact it has been around since 2009. Based on the selling price ($250-$300) I think it is just a regular LED device, most likely in the red range.

Thanks Lacy, I thing that ljk is right when she said that they are just making clever use of the word "Fractional" in the marketing spin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have plenty of LED lights, don't need another. Thanks for the clarification. Smile
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Just saw this recently on theshoppingchannel in Canada.

Is it basically an LED with heat?? Confusing! (I already have a STOP and plenty of LED's). Very Happy
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
Just saw this recently on theshoppingchannel in Canada.

Is it basically an LED with heat?? Confusing! (I already have a STOP and plenty of LED's). Very Happy

I don't think you will get the deep thermal heating from this as you would with RF/Stop - I find the descriptions confusing, found this paper:

http://www.fitboxx.com/photo/DrShaoul.pdf

Still think it is just a red LED device that gets slightly warm.

They are selling them on Amazon.

PQ

Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I find the descriptions confusing too. Interestingly, the Tanda Luxe Skin Rejuvenation Photofacial Treatment Head is another LED that is utilizing the term "fractional" in their marketing blurb:

Quote:
The Luxe skin rejuvenation photofacial treatment head uses a super-luminous LED array to deliver concentrated beams of red light therapy for a fractional phototherapy effect. Coupled with sonic vibration and gentle warming in a unique massaging treatment head, these complimentary technologies deliver a professional photofacial experience for luxurious, soft, smooth, glowing skin.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
I find the descriptions confusing too. Interestingly, the Tanda Luxe Skin Rejuvenation Photofacial Treatment Head is another LED that is utilizing the term "fractional" in their marketing blurb:

Quote:
The Luxe skin rejuvenation photofacial treatment head uses a super-luminous LED array to deliver concentrated beams of red light therapy for a fractional phototherapy effect. Coupled with sonic vibration and gentle warming in a unique massaging treatment head, these complimentary technologies deliver a professional photofacial experience for luxurious, soft, smooth, glowing skin.

The word "fractional" basically means "divided into small pieces" so when referring to fractional laser, it means that the laser is dispersed into tiny areas of light - which is less invasive than non-dispersed laser light.

But what "fractional phototherapy" means in real terms, I don't know.

I agree, it's all rather confusing - I'm thinking they're just "cashing in" on the term "fractional" because that's related to professional type treatments.

Wed May 23, 2012 7:25 am      Reply with quote
2 months in and I am starting to see some results under my eyes with the FaceFX. The heat definitely makes this device fun to use Very Happy Hope the results keep up in 4 months!
NadineW

Thu May 31, 2012 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Can’t say enough great things about the FaceFX light therapy device. I have seen a serious reduction in lines around my eyes. Treatments are super easy and love that I can do it in my own home while watching TV! Great alternative to expensive spa treatments.
havana8

Mon May 11, 2015 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Another related thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=43820
havana8

Mon May 11, 2015 4:29 am      Reply with quote
chantrelle99 wrote:
Hi, I Would like to get to know what you think of this device.

https://www.silkn.com/facefx/

There is a promo at my drug store. It is 150$ but I get a 25$ gift card with it. So, since it comes out to reasonable price I was thinking about buying it.

I'm not expecting professionals results. My expectations would be that my skin looks every day as when I get a good night sleep. You know these good skin days. I'm 45 and I find that now I have some days when my skin looks tired other day it looks rested.

Do you believe I could get more good skin days with that device ?
chantrelle99
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 11, 2015 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for bumping up these two posts. All review I have read so far are either bad because they had working issue with the device or good because people were happy with the results (when the device works well). But they all seemed to be dating from before 2013. I'll try to find out if the company still have working issues with the device or if it has been resolved.

I'll look through the forum to read about the other light devices. I think it's time I invest a little more into skin care.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |