Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Time Reverse System
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I ordered this fromwww.theshoppingchannel.com (also you can order/check it out atwww.timereverse.com). Well, it's another YIKES!!! Shock They are not a bad quality latex free rubbery kind of breathable stuff that you can cover your forehead & velcro at the back or a second one does your chin, jawline, double chin, lines around your mouth and who knows what else. I put the forehead one on my ADCE/Esther's Secret minimized lined forehead & left it for two hours. My forehead was a smooth as as baby's behind & I really, really watched my expressions over the rest of the day & the lines didn't come back!!! I tried the chin thingy last night but felt tres silly so I'll do it as well in the mornings. They said overnight was the best time but if you look at it you might think it strange too. My hubby is blind in one eye - the side of the bed I sleep on is his blind side (whew Wink )but even so the strap is a bit much.
They give ( Laughing sell Laughing ) on The Shopping Channel special skin care to use but I'm not interested in that although they say one is critical to make the bands work Question
In my opinion, this is a keeper- they're like giant Frownies only way better Cool
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh! Shock I saw those "thingies" on the shopping channel last week! I was SO TEMPTED to order them! Laughing I was worried that they wouldn't allow my skin to breathe properly...but I was very tempted nonetheless! Please let us know if the "chin thing" is effective! Thanks!
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:35 am      Reply with quote
They are very breathable. If I look close it almost looks like a woven material but I don't know what it is. It's stretchy & comfortable (at least the forehead one is. I'm wearing the chin one now & I think that it's maybe too tight because my lips have literally "popped" out the hole for your mouth - I may need to do a little adjusting. I'll keep you posted.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing OH MY! You must look HILARIOUS!!! Still, if it works, it works! Let us know!
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Hilarious isn't quite the right word. Scarey - I think that suits better! Laughing
It's been around two hours & I took the bands off (reluctantly). I guess because I've used the forehead ones twice & it's a flatter place - the smoothness is awesome. My husband thinks it's hysterical but he also can't believe the difference. The rest of my face is smoothed out alot but I think because of contours, more fatty areas, it will take longer. All lines on my face have been lessened dramatically. My mouth even turns a bit up again. My jawline is definitely less jowly. We'll see what happens to everything below my eyes by the end of the day. Gravity is still out there attacking us.
I must say that the lower band is much less comfortable than the forehead one. I did my cleaning with the bands on & didn't like my lips pressed closed while I huffed & puffed my way around the house. It's also alot tighter. Maybe because it has more work to do? The Time Release website says that it will adjust to be more comfortable after a few tries. I can't tell the forehead one is even on.
Tomorrow, I'm doing the same routine & we'll see how it goes!
Thanks for listening!

Oh, I think that I figured out what the material feels like - kind of a light to mid weight support hose. That must be why it breathes.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I am sure I saw something like that on Ali McBeal. They called it the face bra. I am soo tempted to treat myself (just for a change).
Keep us updated on progress.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Update Dancing

These bands are good! Cool

At day 2 1/2 my forehead creases are gone, gone, gone. Well 95%. And with the help of my now simpler but most efficient skin care my forehead looks like a teenagers'. I used my usual Frownie on my actual frown lines & put the forehead band on for the night. The Time Reverse band won hand's down. There's a technique to work on the low part of frown lines & the little horizontal ones on the bridge of your nose so tonight that's my mission to get working right. I co-hosted a big baby shower yesterday afternoon (big stress, right?) & by night only the deepest lines had started to reappear. And they do say that the band results are cumulative.
It did work on the rest of my face too but not as well. Although the ADCE & Esther's Secret & Firming Masks that I use have tightened my face tremendously, there is still some slack to work on. I imagine that it will take longer to shape up but even if it works half as well as my forehead, then I'm happy.
The system also has pillows & a special way of sleeping only on your back. It's tricky to explain so check the website. I didn't get them but did the same thing with my regular pillow. You feel a bit like you're on your side but you aren't. Bonus this morning was less crunching in my decollette. Shock
I did my usual cleansing routine this morning (I have dropped the crazy copper peptide experiment & I'm doing my face regime on neck & chest too) & I since I always use a cream afterwards on that area I've started to alternate between collagen & elastin (one am & one pm)- purchased from your friendly neighbourhood JB Spa Line. Best neck & boob combo you can get. And starting tomorrow, when everything is still tight when I get up, Esther's Secret here I come!!! Cool
I suppose that pretty soon I'll start being "carded" to get into a club Laughing Laughing
....maybe
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:19 am      Reply with quote
hmm Will think about it Ruth. I just don't know if I could sleep in it. What is your husbands reaction to this? Laughing That gismo could put my husband right over the edge. I might scare him to death. Shock

You are so devoted!!! I would love to see some before and after pictures of you. Since I joined this forum it really seems like you are getting great results. Good for you.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:09 am      Reply with quote
That's fantastic! I am so pleased for you - even if your mouth does pop out of that little hole! It sounds like it is definitely worth it!!! Laughing
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Uh-oh, Ruth, there goes my Visa again!
I actually was just reading about this system on Yes,They'reFake-the lady there also loves it.
One question-how long do you need to wear it total? And does it help the skin on your upper eyelids at all-especially the hooding?
Thanks,
Maria
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I just finished a full review - & then I somehow deleted it. Good grief Neutral I'll try again.
Everything is still going well after a week almost. I've hit my first plateau (patient aren't I?). I e-mailed the company & got an immediate response. She said that foreheads are the first to come around and since the rest of the face has a different muscle to skin make-up including the greater incidence of slackness, it can often take longer than a week (ha ha - just kidding - she said that it can take up to 28 days for the really needy cases to come around. I don't see a difference in my eyelids (I won't do it but I'm beginning to believe that's a plastic surgeon issue - I've had a great deal of improvement from Okusil & the eyelid serum & I love them both since there has been some tightening but the general effect is that they just look much much better (healthy & no crepiness. The fact that they are still a bit hooded isn't nearly as noticable) but I'm still trying. There are all sorts of ways to wear the bands to correct different areas.
I wear them all night after lights out (I don't want to give my devoted hubby a heart attack or anything). They're pretty scarey looking. My dh has, of course, seen them and he equates the look to a Hannibal Lechter one. Neutral and he thinks that I'm starting to lose my mind big time! Luckily he just laughs.
Pictures - I don't know. I haven't worked the nerve up yet - I don't have any pictures of myself "normal" let alone experimental (key word "mental"), but I guess I should hurry if I'm going to in case all of a sudden I'm back to my younger years.
Oh yes, I also wanted to say that it's a little difficult to get used to them during the night because your whole head is pretty much compacted. As for sleeping on my back that has also been a challenge but well worth it. Now I can work on those chest creases & not undo my efforts by re-crunching every night.I'll keep in touch! Cool
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I know my lot are going to pee themselves laughing if they catch me with face bands on. They have seen me using cleo electronic face thing. When they saw me with Esthers secret mask on they absolutely cracked up. The latest was the face replica kit and I heard "Oh god mums got another miracle for her face on". Rolling Eyes I keep telling them in a couple of years I am going to look like I am the child.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Lori! You sound like we could be related!! My dad was from Farnborough, Aldershot. It sounds like we both have the "I'll try anything (almost) once" gene! Laughing
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Farnborough is not that far from where I live. I think its great that I have found all these people who are similar to myself. Yep you are right I will try almost anything in the quest to slow down and hopefully reverse the physical signs of ageing. I am a sucker for getting out the credit card as soon as someone on here says 'hey this worked for me'.
Did you buy the special pillow for sleeping on your back, or do you just use an ordinary pillow? I could not get any details about the pillow on the time reverse site. I have to say though I hate sleeping on my back. I do try but it is so hard and I always wake up on my side.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, that is so spooky. I'm just down the road from Farnborough too!! Cool
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
rzecka
I am in deepest Dorset.
where are you Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:17 am      Reply with quote
Ruth Marion
My apologies. I have just read your post again and you have answered the daft Question I asked about pillows. I am always getting moaned at for not reading things fully, the first time around.Looks like they may be right.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:46 am      Reply with quote
I loved reading these posts, I can just picture it all now and it certainly made me smile. I will have to check out the website!

PS, I am not that far from Farnborugh either, lived there for a few years but now live in Bracknell (Berkshire)
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori and lee, I’m in Sandhurst, Berks Very Happy
Before that Guildford, and before that, good ol' Farnborough. Small world, huh?? Laughing
ocean
5% products discount

Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ruth Marion, thanks for your review!

Sorry, I'm new here, and a little confused. I am wondering about what you said about using collagen and elastin, what products are these, and could you tell me if you've posted before about your complete skin routine for face, neck, decollete, etc. before and where could I read it?

I am middle-age and I am going to order the time reverse things. I could not find it on the shopping channel website, though. Did you order just the patches and not the skin care?

So, as far as I can tell, you use the AlphaDerma stuff and Esther's Secret, but I'm confused what else. You said Firming Masques, but which ones? My forehead area looks terrible and my jawline starting to get those "jowls" a little, and crow's feet. I get depressed over looking older because it seemed to happen so suddenly. A few years ago I looked 15 years younger, people would tell me, but now I look so much older.

Thanks for all your help!

Beth
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I'm a little over 2 weeks (is that all? Confused ) into the Time Reverse System experiment and I'm still delighted. Progress has slowed down which makes sense - as I posted before. The forehead was the easiest & believe it or not the lines from my nose to the corners of my lips have greatly minimized. Under my left lip I had a bit of crepiness (where the infamous puppet lines could go from mouth to chin) & each morning I notice that that has filled in a bit more Wink. As for the jowls - they are only mini but they are on my attack list - I have found that it's important to sort of move your face around under the mask while the mask is on. In the instructions they say to smooth on top mostly but I now get right under there & position everything the way I want it. To me this makes sense as well because you could be smooshing your face all night into an undesirable position & end up worse Shock .
The jury is still out on the cream that they supply - I can't think of what could possibly be in it that would be better than what I already use. I don't think that I would recommend any of that stuff. Another thing is that there is supposed to be a right & wrong side of the masks but my little sticker saying what side to use fell off so I'm winging it. One side does feel minutely different but not by enough to worry about it. (Who needs directions Rolling Eyes )
Beth you asked about my routine. Oh boy, you're asking the kooky one. My main one now (& by and large the most constant that I have ever stuck to) consists of AlphaDerma Cleanser, Toner then I use Cellular Skin RX Age Limit Advanced Refinishing Serum, then AlphDerma Prep, then Vitamin C (Cellular Skin Vitamin C + Firming), then AlphaDerma CE. The Cellular Skin RX things are my own add ons and I believe that there is already Vitamin C in the ADCE, however....I do all of this from my forehead to & including my boobs. Then the Okusil around my eyes & at night the Janson Beckett Revitalising Eye ampules as well.
As for the "other stuff". My secret life is out of the bag now. If you go to the Janson Beckett website under the spa line section you will find that you have entered beauty heaven. I have alot of the masks that I switch around & just use "whenever" - the Collagen Face Mask papery one is unreal. And then they have collagen gel & cream & elastin gel & cream. I alternate these around so that I'm getting one of them am & one pm. I use the gel or cream depending on my face that day - the gels are lighter - but usually use a cream at night. I know that Winnie uses the ampules & loves them - I want to & have some but I need to get a system going. Sometimes in the Vitamin C slot I use DMAE Serum or HA Serum or the Soy Serum. All uneccessary maybe but if I have time they're treats Embarassed .
One of the essential masks (& serum) that I use in conjunction with all is the Esther's Secret Masque & Esther's Secret Serum.www.faceliftsystem.com & do a search on the forum here - many many people swear by it Wink The mask is very firming with cumulative effects that can really tighten up everything from your face to your chest. The serum goes a long way - it's quite silky - & has argeriliene in it (so does the Masque & the AlphaDerma Okusil, CE & maybe the Prep(?) So, all in all, I would buy the Time Reverse System Facial Bands (I don't know why you can't find them on TSC - maybe they sold out) with the instructional video. You'll end up with a couple of creams but they aren't that bad & that's the only way that you can get the video.
Oh Rolling Eyes & another JB product that is super that I use after every shower is the body Lotion with Elastin & Collagen. I use it all over & I think it's pulling my body in tighter which at 53 is a very good thing. I still have lines on my face & I may forever but my skin has improved tremendously since I joined this forum. I can't say the same for my wallet but I sure am happy.

Anyway, that's my story & I'm sticking to it Cool
ocean
5% products discount

Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi RuthMarion.

Wow, that's a lot of great sounding stuff. I ordered a small size of the AlphaDerma cream on Ebay, it says it is sealed and new. I tried something with Argireline in it before and it made my skin like leather, so I have to be careful in trying this.

I did finally find the Time Reverse on the Shopping Channel website, it does not come up when you type Time Reverse, only if you type in Facial system along with it. So I will order it next month. And I also want that Esther's Secret stuff, too : )

Thanks for letting me (and us) know your routine, that was very geneous of you! I'll post results from the Time Reverse in about a month or so.
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Is this product cheaper on the shopping channel than on the 'time reverse' web site? (On their website it is $40 for the 2 face bandage things.) I can't access it on the shopping channel for some reason- even if I add facial system.

This interests me b/c I cannot sleep on my back!!! I try and try and try but can't do it. I notice that on nights when i really toss and turn a lot that my under eye area/crow's feet look MUCH worse. So even though I dread wearing something over my eyes when I sleep I might try this and see. I'm sure it would help that area from getting squished.

Have you had any results with the under eye area using it?
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:57 am      Reply with quote
I am really p'd off. I ordered time reverse from the official site and had terrible trouble with order. It's sorted now. However I got home from work this morning and put on a shopping channel whilst browsing EDS and winding down and guess what they are showing time reverse system. It looks fantastic (doesn't everything on TV) I am going to look so young soon. The reason I am miffed is because I could have ordered from a uk site and had faster delivery and I don't have hassle using my card here like I do when ordering from USA and Canada.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Lily - how strange that you should ask about lines & how you sleep making them worse. I had a horrible night's sleep last night. I have been really good about sleeping on my back but last night I was restless & all over the place. When I took the bands of this morning I could only gasp. Not only were my old lines more visible but new crunch lines were there because the band smooshed them in Shock Shock
I got my Esther's Secret Masque on in record time & went back to bed. It looks alot better now but still as though I were on a bender Embarassed (I wasn't -honest)
New addition to review: The bands should come with a warning label stating that if you're having a bad night remove immediately Exclamation Smile
I tried the bands over my eyes & prefer them just below my browline. It doesn't help my frown lines because they go partway down the bridge of my nose (This is where the ES Masque is great & I have slept with a Frownie for years. As long as I keep my forehead relaxed those lines stay somewhat away. When I began the bands I thought the Frownies were history but they're back. Now I wet one, slap some ES Serum or AlphaDerma CE on it & wear it the night through.) As for the lines under my eyes - this is another area that the ES Masque, ADCE & Okusil have helped the most in.
As for price difference - I don't know but I think that on the Time Reverse site it's Canadian funds & on TSC they only have the one jumbo package so you can't pick & choose. You'd just need to research a bit to see the advantages/disadvantages. I only know that TSC (normally) has great customer service & shipping is prompt.

And Lori, I feel for you - some across the border products for me take weeks plus duty to come & in the meantime I'll see the item in a store or on a Canadian online website. Grrrrr Mad Even though I sound like a broken record on how I love the stuff that I use, they are the best of the best when it comes to fast delivery & quality products that don't cost an arm and a leg. I think I just got lucky when I chose them & it's another reason to stay with them!!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |