Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Freeze 24/7 Antiwrinkle Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Allicsirp
5% products discount

Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am new to this forum and was happy to find it listed while doing some searches last night on different products. I ordered the product above this morning due to what I've read about idebenone and Prevage that's available only through a doctor at this point.

Has anyone here tried this product? I use all of the NuDerm Line in the Obagi products. I am truly pleased with the turn around in my skin's sun damaged areas. However, the Obagi moisterizer just doesn't do it for me. I would be interested in knowing what anyone has to say in regards to the Freeze 24/7.

Thanks!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there

I've never used the stuff but I do see that it is recommended when Prevage isn't available.
Just so you know, though - Prevage is not a prescription item and it is available online now... I'm anxious to see if all the hype about it is warranted....
Allicsirp
5% products discount

Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info about Prevage, katee. I did not know that you didn't need a Rx. I am anxious to try this wrinkle cream in conjunction with the Obagi NuDerm products that I have been using since October. I love everything about the line except the moisturizer, so I am hoping I will like the Freeze 24/7.
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I believe Freeze24/7's active ingredient is Relaxaderm and that was the same thing that is the focus of a Prai product I tried last year, Take 5 with Relaxaderm. A very expensive thing... 15 ml I believe and one is supposed to pat this on ( with a reasonable amount too!) over any areas of concern. It was touted during the TV presentation when it came out down here in Aust, as being that one.
Well,
For me.... it didn't work. You have to lightly pat it onto a very clean dry skin ( not on top of moisturiser) and remain as still as you can for a few minutes till it "sets".
I made a big mistake using it around my eye area the first time! It leaves a cold feeling that isn't a nice, refreshing cool tingle ( like minty things are)...but a strange "numbing cold" feeling....and the cream migrated into my eye and it "cold feeling burned" ( know what I mean??) my eye for AGES! I didnt know what to do with myself for a while there!
I tried it on the one fairly mild horizontal forehead line ( up higher) that I have on a couple of occasions and it MIGHT have worked for a while there....but I was on the way to work and wanted to put my makeup on and so I think I diluted it's effects. They say not to put anything on top for say an hour... not practical. It was supposed to last for 24 hours unless you washed it off before that.
I have fairly oily skin and it was no way going to last that length of time as I think the skin oil dilutes it too.... sooooo... if you don't wear foundation....and are dry (but not so dry that you cant go without a moisturiser that day!) ...maybeeeeee it might be an option. There are NO skincare benefits that last beyond washing it off.

This was the only Prai product I used last year that I sent back. Maybe it was just me but I was majorly disappointed in "Relaxaderm Technology" and can guarantee there is NO comparison ( much as it might be eluded to) to Botox results. Shame though....
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,
I had the same experience as Muzzie.....I actually have the Prai Take 5 that employs this relaxaderm technology. I flat out HATED IT. It left my skin feeling tight and does not facilitate the application of other creams or makeup...The only technology it felt connected to is "egg white technology" Rolling Eyes ...I was totally unimpressed....and it doesn't have any sort cumulative, curative or restorative properties....If the stuff you just bought uses the same technology as the Prai stuff then I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole!!! I am currently using the Vivier Topical Muscle Relaxant (TMR) and it is excellent - it really gives a sort of "calmed, softened" overall appearance to the skin. I also hear FAB things about Alpha Derma (which I think I'm going to buy next!)
If you decide to keep it - let us know how it works!!
Good luck!!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi there

I'm not boosting the claims of the Prevage or of the 24/7 Freeze product BUT I do know that the active ingredient that is causing all the hype is NOT the same as what is found in the the Relaxaderm or the Prai product.
In both of those, the ingredient that is supposed to have the "botox like" effect is argireline. It is also present in the AlphaDerma CE. I don't know what else these products contain. Obviously, the AlphaDerma is unique not only because of the 10% argireline, but because it also contains a fairly substantial mix of anti-oxidants.
The 24/7 Freeze Anti Wrinkle cream has a lower concentration of something that is there in much higher concentration in Prevage. It is called Idebenone and they are claiming that it will "revolutionize" skin care (rolling my eyes cause if I had a buck for every "revolution" in skin care, I wouldn't be working at my stressful job that makes me frown and NEED these products....laughing).
Soooo - I just wanted to clarify what the active ingredients are. I was sent a sample of the Prevage, but haven't started to use it as yet and, therefore, I'm not really prepared to say whether I agree with the efficacy of the Idebenone....
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:07 am      Reply with quote
UPS just delivered Prevage to me so I guess I'll start it tonight and see how it goes. I'm not expecting a miracle, but I wanted to try it anyway. I'll try to gauge any difference with before and after pictures and keep you posted if it irritates in any way.

-Cheri
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Ohhhhh, it has idebenone in it!! Well, I'd be trying it FOR SURE then!! Thanks for the clarification, Katee!!! Please do let us know how the 24/7 stuff works! Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't idebenone that antioxidant that is supposed to just blow everything else out of the water? Phredd - from where did you order the Prevage? Do you know if it is available in Canada? Allicsirp, from where did you order the 24/7 stuff?
Thanks! Very Happy
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Ohhhhh, it has idebenone in it!! Well, I'd be trying it FOR SURE then!! Thanks for the clarification, Katee!!! Please do let us know how the 24/7 stuff works! Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't idebenone that antioxidant that is supposed to just blow everything else out of the water? Phredd - from where did you order the Prevage? Do you know if it is available in Canada? Allicsirp, from where did you order the 24/7 stuff?
Thanks! Very Happy

I ordered mine from lovelyskin.com. It was $99. They do ship to Canada but it looks like shipping to there is $40.

-Cheri
dilly

Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I work for a skin care company and Freeze24/7 has been getting rave reviews from our customer. I'm really young and my skin is super oily so I don't use it but, I highly recommend it because it is much more reasonable than brands like kinerase and Dr. Michele Copeland and it delivers the same results.

*advertizing removed
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I just checked out the Freeze 24/7 ingredients on skinstore.com and this product does use the same technology as that horrid Prai Take 5 stuff! The common active relaxing ingredient is gama amino butyric acid....this isn't argirelene(AH3).... neither Prai Take 5 nor Freeze 24/7 has argirelene as an ingredient....nor does either ingredient list reflect idebenone (that antioxidant in Prevage)so my first comments stand re: if I am indeed correct, then Freeze 24/7 might be like that Prai Take 5 cream that leaves the skin feeling "egg-whited"....YIKES!
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
I just checked out the Freeze 24/7 ingredients on skinstore.com and this product does use the same technology as that horrid Prai Take 5 stuff! The common active relaxing ingredient is gama amino butyric acid....this isn't argirelene(AH3).... neither Prai Take 5 nor Freeze 24/7 has argirelene as an ingredient....nor does either ingredient list reflect idebenone (that antioxidant in Prevage)so my first comments stand re: if I am indeed correct, then Freeze 24/7 might be like that Prai Take 5 cream that leaves the skin feeling "egg-whited"....YIKES!

Did either of those products list Hydroxydecyl Ubiquinone? According to my Prevage box that's what Idebenone is.

-Cheri
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just read on another forum that Freeze 24/7 has .05% Idebenone and Prevage has .1% in it.

-Cheri
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cheri - not according to the ingredients list for Freeze 24/7 from Skinstore.com ... Hydroxydecyl Ubiquinone is not listed as an ingredient - but who knows Rolling Eyes ....anyway,...see below...
Freeze 24/7
Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Seasame Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG-150 Distearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Gynostemma, Bismuth Oxy Chloride, Gamma Amino Butyric Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Eugenol, Polysorbate 60, Butylene Glycol Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ehthylparaben and White Orchid Ext.
Annie
gatorgirl
5% products discount

Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I think Freeze 24/7 Icecream Anti-aging Moisturizer contains Ubiquinone and Idebenone and the Freeze 24/7 Anti-wrinkle cream contains the Relaxoderm. I was confused about this as well. Confused
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Ohhhhh..........so there we go!
Thanks for clearing that up, Gatorgirl!!!! Very Happy
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Aha! So much happened on this thread whilst I was asleep down here!
The difference with Argireline containing products to that of the "relaxoderm" ones is that the former is a longer term cumulative effect whereas the relaxoderm ones are supposedly an "Instant smooth skin for a day" thing. Wash off.
Glad to hear your experience with Take 5 was like mine Cheri. Well, it would have been better if we both had good experiences, put it that way!Know what you mean about egg white!
Sounds like those containing Idebenone might be worth looking out for though! I presume this ingredient is one that works over a longer time frame too. So many around now... L'Oreal's Boswelox one is another. ( I didnt have much success with that either, used i t religiously, the serum strength for more than 2 months and I can't say I look any different, not worse, just not "smoother". Might have to look around...thanks ladies!
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Just used Prevage for the first time tonight. It's a light yellow unfragranced lotion, not a serum like I anticipated. Instuctions say to use on clean, dry skin before moisturizers, retinoids or any other products. It took 2 pumps to get the recommended pea size amount. It didn't say on the box how much to use so I finally found the information via physician instructions on the Prevage website. I suppose if I had purchased it from a derm I would have received extra documentation and suggestions.

It immediately sinks into my skin, so I had a difficult time getting it all over my face and neck without using more than a pea size (maybe because of the AHA's I'm using?). No slippage whatsoever here! No tingling sensations or anything else noticeable. Rather bland, but so are rx retinoids. Smile

Instructions didn't say to wait any length of time before using other products, but I'm waiting a few minutes before applying anything else.

I'll keep updating!

-Cheri
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'll be really interested to see what you ladies think about the Prevage. I personally think it's more baloney. Idebenone/Ubiquinone is simply CoQ10. The only diff. is that one is organically mftrd. (mostly in Japan thus expensive) and the other is synthetically derived (thus cheaper to mftr.- here steps in Allergan). There has been only one abstract presented on this ingredient at the Am. Acad. of Derm. last February. No published papers..yet (I suppose). In any case, the research done claimed that this synthetic form of Coq10 was a more powerful antioxidant than C, E, Green Tea, etc. but the research abstract doesn't state how much,for how long, what percentage of the other antioxidants were used - so hard to compare results. I wouldn't pay $99 for Nivea CoQ10 and I don't think I will pay $99 for more marketing-driven, not clinically-driven products like Prevage. Why a synthetic form of CoQ10 would work better than the organic form is a new one for me to understand.

With all that said...I'll still be curious to see what results you guys get. On the MUA board, a woman had been using for five days and said she was peeling/flaking like crazy. Again, I wonder why this is and what antioxidant would cause your skin to peel...
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles,

Skin-etc.com sells freeze 24/7. I've ordered from them a few times and always pay $5-$7 for shipping to canada...and they mark it as a gift to avoid duties. It usually takes a week to arrive. I did have it take 2 weeks once, because of customs.

oh..just checked their webstie....All freeze 24/7 have free worldwide shipping =)
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:16 am      Reply with quote
betterat40 wrote:
I'll be really interested to see what you ladies think about the Prevage. I personally think it's more baloney. Idebenone/Ubiquinone is simply CoQ10. The only diff. is that one is organically mftrd. (mostly in Japan thus expensive) and the other is synthetically derived (thus cheaper to mftr.- here steps in Allergan). There has been only one abstract presented on this ingredient at the Am. Acad. of Derm. last February. No published papers..yet (I suppose). In any case, the research done claimed that this synthetic form of Coq10 was a more powerful antioxidant than C, E, Green Tea, etc. but the research abstract doesn't state how much,for how long, what percentage of the other antioxidants were used - so hard to compare results. I wouldn't pay $99 for Nivea CoQ10 and I don't think I will pay $99 for more marketing-driven, not clinically-driven products like Prevage. Why a synthetic form of CoQ10 would work better than the organic form is a new one for me to understand.

With all that said...I'll still be curious to see what results you guys get. On the MUA board, a woman had been using for five days and said she was peeling/flaking like crazy. Again, I wonder why this is and what antioxidant would cause your skin to peel...

You're right betterat40. I have a feeling Prevage is baloney along with all the rest (argireline, gaba, strivectin, etc for me anyway). I don't know why we keep falling for such products, but I guess as long as there are advertising campaigns we'll keep buying the baloney. I do find it interesting to try all of them though.

-Cheri
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |