Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Valmont Soothing Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
After a month of use, I have decided Valmont Soothing Cream is, by far, the BEST moisturizer I have ever used to calm my rosacea skin. This lightweight cream glides onto my skin leaving a smooth, silk-like protective finish. Although it contains a fragrance, it smells neutral, similar to oatmeal.

Even the act of touching and opening the container soothes me! It is made of pristine-white, matte ceramic and sounds a bit like grinding a pestle in mortar. I feel I'll be mourning the day the contents are gone and I must bury it in the trash.Crying or Very sad

Ingredients: water, cetearyl octanoate, cetearyl alcohol, glycerin, butylene glycol, octyl palmitate, cetearyl glucoside, methylparaben, cyclomethicone, chlorphensesin, phenoxyethanol, glycyrrhetinic acid, nylon-12, polyacrylamide, glucose, carrageenan, glucuronic acid, triclosan, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, fragrance, dimethiconol, c13-14 isoparaffin, laureth-7
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Kat, are you dry or oily? any acne problems or just the rosacea?
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
lianne,
I have the tendency both toward dry cheeks and congestion of the pores in the T-zone. My skin is rather normal at the moment, but I continue to mind my diet, stress, and apply skin products in order to control the rosacea.

Last November, I was not good about my routine. For two days, my skin was in constant flush and then, broke out in a sort of rash-like acne irritated mess. My eyes even reddened and burned. Embarassed The experience (literally) left an impression on me, I still today have a few visibly reddened capillaries. I hope (perhaps, naively) this will fade with time. That'll learn me.
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I am about half-way through the jar, and have an update for you all.

While I find the cream very soothing, it has not provided my cheeks with enough moisture this winter. Most disappointing, this cream has not worked well for me as a makeup base. I've tried several makeup foundations along with different configurations of moisturizers and primers on perfectly cleansed and exfoliated skin with the help of my esthetician and 2 makeup artists. It seems that this cream interfers with even application of foundation causing it to form a web-like appearance on my skin - very odd Confused. I have not had a problem using the Dermastosic Serum under different moisturizers. My sample of 24 Hour Cream worked well and my order is on it's way (it's a free gift with my full-size of Bio Cellular Serum Very Happy ), but I will continue using the Soothing Cream on make-up free days.

Next, I am going to try a sample of Cellcosmet's Sensitive Day cream as it is advertised as an excellent makeup foundation.

I am interested to hear if anyone has experienced this problem with foundation. Am I the only one?
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
This soothing cream sounds like something I would love as I have a tendancy towards oily skin. I already love Cellcosmet products and I can feel myself falling for valmont, as well. I ran out and got their renewing scrub (or whatever itis called) and i love it.
Stretch
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I had the same experience as you. It did not moisturize me enough on my cheek area. It was a very nice cream, nontheless.
Mabsy

Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
k.a.t. - how are you liking the Bio Cellular Serum? I love this stuff! It makes my skin feel *so* soft. I use it either as a moisturiser in summer or as a hydrating serum under moisturiser in winter.
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Liz, it's possible that the Valmont's Soothing Cream may work well for you, but try to get a sample first, since its moisturizing effect could be too much for oily skins. I saw in a previous topic that you use, and love Cellcosmet's Preventive Day and Night Cream. Perhaps you have tried the Sensitive Day Cream and can tell me a bit about it? EDS couldn't give a sample in my last order (they did give me some other great samples Very Happy ), so I am thinking I ought to either buy the Trial Kit, or call Cellcosmet in New York for a sample.

Mabsy, I love the Valmont's Bio Cellular Serum!!! I had a sample of it a couple of months ago and "needed" to buy the full size. I just got my order last Thursday, (is it just me, or are EDS packages arriving more quickly??) It is just as I remember, it quickly absorbs into my skin relieving the tightness and reinforcing my skin. By reinforced, I mean my skin feels more protected, not as delicate and sensitive. This is an essential product for me, and I can NOT afford to be stingy with it!
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I don't have particularly sensitive skin, so I am not sure if I can help you in that perspective. I did receive a sample of the Sen Day cream and I have had it in my bag when I travel. I find it very similar to the Preventive cream, although the sen day cream is a bit heavier and more moisturized than the preventive day cream, it is more similar to the preventive night cream.

But I will say this, sometimes when my face was stinging a bit from when I started my retin a again, the cream felt extremely cooling to my skin and did not sting at all.

I probably haven't helped you a bit. I think, considering the price, I would be sure and get a sample first. Also, it does have that signature cellcosmet smell, so if smells bother you than you might have a bit of trouble.

Liz
Mabsy

Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:38 am      Reply with quote
k.a.t. wrote:
Mabsy, I love the Valmont's Bio Cellular Serum!!! I had a sample of it a couple of months ago and "needed" to buy the full size. I just got my order last Thursday, (is it just me, or are EDS packages arriving more quickly??) It is just as I remember, it quickly absorbs into my skin relieving the tightness and reinforcing my skin. By reinforced, I mean my skin feels more protected, not as delicate and sensitive. This is an essential product for me, and I can NOT afford to be stingy with it!

Laughing Sounds like me! I don't think I even made it through the whole sample before I decided that I needed to buy the full size. It was painful ($ wise) but I love it!
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I know I have a sample of this somewhere, I'll have to go dig it out.
yajo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:05 am      Reply with quote
After so many tries, I can confirm that this is the only one cream that really act on redness. I love this cream

I have red lines on my cheeks and nose (couperose in french not rosacea) When I first use it, it was 2 months before a laser treatment. I was really needing to calm my skin. Job done !!!! After 2 weeks I saw the difference.

But not enough hydrating for me during winter (I have a combined skin dehydrated).I am anxious to analyse it this summer

A must for me till now.
benami
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:56 am      Reply with quote
I am combi skin.this cream suits me well. It`s not too much oily and can keep skin very soft.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 01, 2009 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
That's not the only cream that works on redness Wink There is also Valmont Dermatosic serum which also works wonders !

And I agree, the soothing cream is also fantastic!
yajo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I want this serum
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Russian Sunshine. Can you help me understand what the Dermatosic Serum does? I think you also use Cellcosmet. (if I remember some of your comments?) How do you compare them? thanks. Harriet ps. I think we both live in Toronto.
imaiyuan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
First of all, I have not used Valmont, but so many people like it, and I look forward to trying all of its products. I really can not find Perfect product
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
I never relised that this particular Valmont product was so popular, I think I will request a sample of this with my next product.
Lei
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:16 am      Reply with quote
Product was not before, thank you for your introduction. Exclamation This product is very expensive.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
i use the dermatosic serum on a clean face, in the areas that are sensitive (red spots, rough patches, irritations). one quirt of the dermatosic serum should cover all fragile areas of the face. then i go over the whole face with dermo soothing cream. can't get enough of this cream... its very gentle and light... and so effective for sensitive skin. i believe the two products are used in conjuction, for skin types that are sensitive and fragile.

i use alot of valmont and have a whole fridge full of back up bottles and jars, but i have to say, the soothing cream is simple and effect. my fav!
HTH

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:48 am      Reply with quote
I really want to get the Valmont soothing cream to use during the day in our winter, thats when I get really dry,flaking and irritated skin around my upper and lower month.
Thanks for the recent update llina Smile
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
I really want to get the Valmont soothing cream to use during the day in our winter, thats when I get really dry,flaking and irritated skin around my upper and lower month.
Thanks for the recent update llina Smile

your welcome pal.
for just dry skin, this cream adheres, is matte, and effective all day. even at the end of the day you still feel fresh. i'm sure you'll see results in a matter of a few days. i hope it helps you.

btw, i've stocked up on masks and more coming. i love it! i wish you were in TO and we could do mask parties everyday! thanks for all your help. i really appreciate it!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:27 am      Reply with quote
I think it is too expensive for me>
woshididi
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Never tried the cream but I like the mask.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
beautyrose wrote:
I think it is too expensive for me>

yes its on the expensive side. i would have never opted for this company, until i experienced some major skin problems in the last few years. i was like a madwoman buying everything in the drugstores and department stores... nothing helped. if you saw a panting hot crazy woman with a flushed red face, running up and down the the mall, with bags loaded in her arms half dragging her goods, in toronto, that was me!

once i came to EDS and tried the valmont, my skin has actually healed and is looking better each day. i've been on a high and so happy, that i continually hoard this line. for me, buying valmont saves me money! EDS thinks i eat this stuff but i don't! Laughing

i would never have come this far with my skin, if i hadn't found EDS, and the wonderful forum with all its it detailed reviews and recommendations. thanks a millions everyone!!!

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |