Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Valmont Soothing Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:30 am      Reply with quote
Is this cream hydrating enough to be used on its own for long term use?
I'm using Regenera I and it keeps my skin hydrated like no other. It does leave my skin a little shinny by mid afternoon. So I just blot it.

A regular lotion or moisturisers designed for combo skins aren't moisturising enough for my dehydrated skin.

I wonder if I can use Dermo on its own?
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:52 am      Reply with quote
arielstar08 wrote:
Is this cream hydrating enough to be used on its own for long term use?
I'm using Regenera I and it keeps my skin hydrated like no other. It does leave my skin a little shinny by mid afternoon. So I just blot it.

A regular lotion or moisturisers designed for combo skins aren't moisturising enough for my dehydrated skin.

I wonder if I can use Dermo on its own?

hey arielstar,

i have regenera II which is more thicker than I. i like regenra II because it has a shiny finish, and i prefer shiny finishes since i think they look more natural and healthy.

the dermo soothing cream on the other hand, is a matte finish. i find that the dermo soothing cream seals and protects, and the product does not move around. it stays on your face all day and still feels fresh by night. for a gentle moisturizer it is very effective. i would say more effect than the regenera II, in my opinion! mind you, when i use products i do not use little dabs. whereas with regenera II i find that it more oilier and the product moves around on my face.

i find that i prefer the dermo soothing cream over the 24 hr hydration cream, and the adaption cream. perhaps it is my skin type, but the dermo works very well with me. for some odd reason i find the 24 hr cream lighter than dermo.

but i recommend that you get samples first. test them out... the samples tube has enough product for your whole face x2 (in my opinion). when testing i use a good amount and use it for the whole day, as long as possible so that i can get a good feel for the product. ideally i have found it takes at least 3 days of 'wearing' to have a better understanding of the moisturizer.

so i find the tubes a bit small for a true test for myself. hey but what can you do? the testers are free and make life a bit easier when trying to shop for skincare.
HTH

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Ilina.

I initially thought Dermo is for sensitive skins only (I have 2 patches sensitive patches on my cheeds). Now I know it could be a great everyday moisturiser for all over the face!

Smile
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Have either of you two ladies tried the Regeneric cream. I was thinking of getting this and the DNA serum. If so how do you find the cream, I already tried the serum and absolutely loved it!
Thanks Smile
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
Have either of you two ladies tried the Regeneric cream. I was thinking of getting this and the DNA serum. If so how do you find the cream, I already tried the serum and absolutely loved it!
Thanks Smile

hey pal,
haven't seen ya in awhile!
regeneric? it was that good? what did it do? i was thinking of incorporating the Is Clinical into my routine... any recommendations?

sorry, i don't know anything about regeneric... is think arietstar does.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
pal wrote:
Thanks Smile

hey pal,
haven't seen ya in awhile!
regeneric? it was that good? what did it do? i was thinking of incorporating the Is Clinical into my routine... any recommendations?

sorry, i don't know anything about regeneric... is think arietstar does.

Hey llina, yeah I have started off to a busy year this year hence I am not on as much as before.
I only tried a few samples of the valmont DNA serum but it was love on first application, it soothed my skin, hydrated well and didnt ball or peel up under other moisturisers or spf.

Hopefully arieststar has tried the Regenetic hydration cream, please let me know if you have Smile

IS clinical products were good at first for me but I dont really think I will repurchase again in the future. For one as far as vitamin c goes you just cant go past Skinceuticals in my opinion. I also tried the poly oxidant and active serum aswell as another cant remember the name and yeah I think by the time I finished the bottles I was pretty much over it. Apparently the poly oxidant formulation has changed and its not as good as it used to be and that was the one I tried. If you were going to try any for exfoliation purposes I would probably go with the poly oxidant as the active is just that and it can be a bit harsh on sensetive skins I feel.
I cant really give much of a recommendation Im affraid. Smile
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
pal,
i'm really glad to hear you're having a 'busier' year... i take it that busier means better. yes, i really believe this year will be much better than last year, or the past two years for that matter. this year is about opportunities that flash in and out... this year should be filled with romance/or at least lust, and some good money/career opportunities! yay!

i don't know what you're talking about... regenetic cream or serum. at fist, above i thought you were talking about some other company call regeneric.

are you talking about the valmont dna repair serum and the bio regenetic serum? i use both. i prefer the dna repair.

if you're talking about Valmont Regenetic Hydration Cream or Valmont Regenera I or II Cellular Restoring Nourishing Cream? i prefer the regenera II because it is more moisturizing, and thus more effective, and you can make the product last longer. but ya know pal, basically all the valmont creams are pretty good. i say you pick something that you like!

i find that the above are basically more for moisturizing. if you want something moisturizing and for wrinkles, without going into the l'elixir line , i would recommend the awf face cream III and if you need to save money, use it lightly on the eye area.
*anyone reading this, don't tell me not to use face cream on my eyes and tell i'm doing it wrong. it works and ...i'll do what i want!!!*

i hope this helps you pal.

thanks for your feedback on Is Clinical. i wanted to use it for the nurishing aspect, NOT the harsh peel off your face. i'm reading more about it and it seems really harsh. i was thinking more along the line of PRO HEAL and superserum(?),,, but even superserum sounds harsh (from i've been reading) i dunno.Crying or Very sad i have dry, thin, sensitive skin, and am looking for something nourishing and something with a OWOWOWOWO!

pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yes llina busier definitely means better!! Smile
I've started working out and eating right again so Im training 5 days a week and so loving it!!!

Oh sorry for the confusion with my first post, I did actually mean Valmont Regenetic cream and Valmont DNA serum but Im getting that one anyway caused I loved the samples. I used havent tried the regenetic cream and I am very interested in trying this one. Im more wanting something for hydration, not so much wrinkles at this stage. Im just afraid that the Regenera I and II will be to rich for my combo skin especially as I live in a hot and humid place and its summer at the moment, but that will come very soon! Laughing

Regarding IS Clinical if you were considering the superserum for a vitamin c definitely consider Skinceuticals C E Ferlic, this is FABULOUS!!!!!!!
Some people dont like the smell but it goes away after a while and if you putting beauiful smelling valmont creams on top you probably wont even notice. Some people do breakout from this serum though but usually people with oily skins.

Thanks heaps for all your feedback I will always come back to you when it comes to this line! Laughing
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
all the best to you, pal!

pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks llina:)
I placed 2 orders today and I got
Valmont DNA serum
Regenera I
Regentic hydrating cream
L'elixir eye cream
Soothing dermo cream
Decleor essential balm and lip balm
Gatineau Diffusance Creamy Mask

So much for not buying anything yet but in my defense my other half gave me $1500 fro xmas so I had to spend it eventually Laughing

Thanks so much for bringing Valmont to my attention once again Smile
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:09 am      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
Valmont DNA serum
Regenera I
Regentic hydrating cream
L'elixir eye cream
Soothing dermo cream

So much for not buying anything yet but in my defense my other half gave me $1500 fro xmas so I had to spend it eventually Laughing

pal, you seem so much better.
you sound more excited and ALIVE!
keep up the great work!

and i'm very happy that you treated yourself.
p.s. thank you for your help with is clinical.
i may even PM for further info. Wink
and thank you for always helping me when i was wondering around the threads lost.
much to you ,pal!

pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
pal wrote:
Valmont DNA serum
Regenera I
Regentic hydrating cream
L'elixir eye cream
Soothing dermo cream

pal, you seem so much better.
you sound more excited and ALIVE!
keep up the great work!

and i'm very happy that you treated yourself.
p.s. thank you for your help with is clinical.
i may even PM for further info. Wink
and thank you for always helping me when i was wondering around the threads lost.
much to you ,pal!

Thank you so much llina your an absolute sweetheart! Angel
Your are very welcome for any little help I may have given you but you have/are definitely returning the favour to me... please feel free to pm me anytime about anything.
Much back to you also! Smile
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
that's awesom!
Laughing i'm excited for you!
i love shopping for stuff when i have the time, but i love getting packages too! Very Happy

awwww pal. i'm really hope you're happy with them.

i would have never picked valmont if it weren't for my crazy skin acting up... and eds. once i tried it and it actually healed my skin, i started click 'buy' on everything... and over again.
Laughing

let us all know how they're working for you. the forum reviews are so important for members. i rely heavily on them... and it has helped me so much.
peace out babes! Smile

pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I love getting packages to...I just hate the waiting part! Laughing

Im sure these products will live up to their expectations, Valmont after all is a great brand. Ofcourse after a little use I will post reviews as they are what I go off to most times.

Im so happy that you finally have products that are getting your skin back to better condition... and I can definitely tell you are having plenty of fun buying and trying products! Very Happy
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
Oh I love getting packages to...I just hate the waiting part! Laughing

Im sure these products will live up to their expectations, Valmont after all is a great brand. Ofcourse after a little use I will post reviews as they are what I go off to most times.

Im so happy that you finally have products that are getting your skin back to better condition... and I can definitely tell you are having plenty of fun buying and trying products! Very Happy

hey girl,
i stated going to the gym tonight. i almost couldn't drag myself out the door but i made it. i think i stretched and walked around more than anything. ok, well i googled at cute boys more than anything! Laughing

yeah, i have to stop buying at eds, almost all the valmont cleansers were delivered frozen and the ceramic casings had combusted. its the freak'n cold weather here. the snow, freezing temperatures, and wind make it brutal to get anything done.... and i'm sure the postal workers will be handling packages more roughly in these extreme conditions. i have to get my valmonts from a store in the GTA. its about a 1/2-1 hr drive.

since, i've been using the valmonts, my skin is thicker, definitely more healthy, rosacea is under control, no more hives, hot flashes, and red blotches.. and my skin tone is more even and looks creamier... and i don't even get the slightest little pimples or anything.

for a while there i was getting impatient and looking for the wow factor... and so looking into is clinical and others... but now i think i'll stick to the valmonts and wait it out. looks like my skin is getting better and better each week.

just a tip: lately for pm routine. i cleanse the face as soon as possible in the evening. then apply all serums... dna repair, dermo serum, high performance, bio regenetic, and lip repair serum. i cover my face and use them in the eye area too. i'm experimenting and using the serums like an overnight treatment. been doing for a few nights now. note, i don't put any creams on at night. so far so good!

k, pal... have fun!

supermacyb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Wanna to try it between Autumn and Winter. Rolling Eyes
supermacyb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Valmont Soothing Cream Dermo and Priority Cream which one will be better in HK weather?
valmontfan1984
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Does it pair with dNA repair serum well?

My face is very sensitive and will turn red by just touching it. Will this cream help with my issue?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |