Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shiseido skin care : Who here uses SHISEIDO?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Shiseid0_0bsessi0n
5% products discount

Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:33 am      Reply with quote
I have been using shiseido skin care for awhile.. anyways i wanted to know who else uses their stuff and what are you currently using?
WHat has it done for you? great results, bad results?
Don't forget to mention to me what you are using? eye creme, cleanser, toner etc?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:25 am      Reply with quote
I have used the sunblock lotion spf 50. It is considered a stable sunscreen due to the zinc oxide and it will last all day. I do recommend this for someone looking for a high quality sunscreen especially in summer months.

I have used the blotting sheets years ago. I now use a cheaper brand just because I am so oily that I could use a package in no time!!

The beneficiane eye cream is very highly recommended on MUA. I do want to try this and just have not purchased.

What products do you consider "must haves"?
Shiseid0_0bsessi0n
5% products discount

Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:34 am      Reply with quote
thanks autumn for replying....
Smile

a must have? i suggest the brush.. you put your cleansing foam on your face and let the brush do the cleasing and messaging .. feels good.. it's about 20.00 and last for years u heard.

sunscreen? I have only spf 10 in my lotion. Why do we have to have a seperate sunscreen?

o i was wondering, I see sooooo many people in here that uses so many product and all from diffrent skincare line. Unlike me I use all from one, But using all from diffrent skincare line, is that bad for your skin?

I want to do that would save me much more money but I'm just too chicken.. please help

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:11 am      Reply with quote
I have used their "the skincare" line.. I didnt find any improvement OR any bad result at all.I'm not using it right now since it didnt do any good to my skin and i always find that their stuff are too greasy ;however, their eyelash curler is great though Drool
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
their pureness cleanser broke me out in a rash, and I didn't notice much benefit from the pureness moisturizer.
Shiseid0_0bsessi0n
5% products discount

Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:14 am      Reply with quote
o wow... I have been using it for quite sometime and my result are neutral also.. I have not seen anything. but for some reason this is the only skin care line that i've learned to like..

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
You certainly don't have to use everything from the same line. That is what skincare companies want you to believe. Use whatever works for you and mix&match from different lines will not hurt your skin.

However, I do believe in the less is more philosophy. Experiment with new products one at a time and give it some time before deciding if it works or not.
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I use three products from Shiseido.

The Wrinkle Lifting Concentrate- far into my second pump bottle and have no real idea if it does anything. It got great reviews at MUA so I keep thinking it must do something great for my skin that I just can't recognize.

Extra Smooth Sun Protection for face and body SPF 33- I love this sunscreen. It is my primary facial sunscreen when I use more sunscreen than is in my moisturizer. It is a physical sunscreen (chemical sunscreens and I do not love each other) It has a sort of milky texture and doesn't sit like a grease pit on my face.

The Makeup Lasting Lift Mascara in brown- This is as far as I am concerned the ONLY TRUE WATERPROOF mascara that I have ever used. I have tried pretty much all others, both drugstore and high-end, and I don't care if they advertise that you could swim the English Channel and not smear, it does on me. Except this one. And we probably shouldn't discuss my reaction to non-waterproof mascara. There might be children reading this. The only thing about this that I don't love is probably part of what makes it have such staying power and that is that it is really hard to get off. But this is the only negative thing about it to me and the tradeoff is well worth it.

If anyone has a recommendation for a stupendous eye makeup remover for this mascara, I would love it to hear about it. Lets see, I've tried Sephora, Lancome, Estee Lauder- I think, and probably others that I just can't think of at the moment.
Bad Bird
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Marella,

You may want to try Body Shop's Camomile Eye Makeup Remover. I have been using this for years to take my waterproof foundation off.

The other stuff to try is Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oil. This is a general cleanser though, not an eye makeup remover, but it takes everything off, be it eye makeup, lipstick, waterproof foundation ...
SusanC
5% products discount

Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I've just started using AlphaDerma and Vivier Vit C products which I'm really loving. Prior to starting them I was using a few Shiseido products but I probably won't repurchase when they run out as I don't think I'll need them.

I'm using the Benefiance Foam cleanser which is very creamy and not at all drying, quite nice.

I've also used the Daytime Protective cream (with the SPF) and the Enriched Revitalizing cream both maintain good skin condition but don't make massive improvements.

The Revitalizing eye cream is worth purchasing for when you need a moisturiser for the eye area and is better IMO than the La Prairie eye creams that I've tried.
Bad Bird
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:50 am      Reply with quote
The Benefiance softeners are very good.

I also find the Bio-Performance Advanced Super Revitalizer cream extremely good for dry/dehydrated skin. One application overnight and my skin is softer, more dewy and smoother. Amazing texture which I have not found in other brands' creams for dry skins.
MsJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just about finished with my Shiseido extra smooth cream. I'm not too crazy about it, I just like the SPF 38, I also have their liquid foundation.
Alix
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I used to use the whole Pureness then switched to The Skincare. I skin was the worst ever. Though I love their container design. Now I use only their cleansers ... just once in a while.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I bought their light oil cleanser and I really didnt like it. it sits in my cabinet looking pretty, though. Sad
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
My dad knew the GM for Hawai'i distribution so my mom used to go to all their open house/new product introduction parties. But she'd break out everytime she used their products or had one of their facials. So I started getting their stuff.

I find the e/s colors limiting. I do love their nail polish and their mascara base is my HG for keeping a curl on my short Asian lashes. Also agree that Lasting Lift is a good mascara, also currently using the lengthening one.

Oh, and I like the lengthening mascara from the Majorca (?) line. Tons of fibers but it's so expensive for tiny tube.

Don't really like the skincare products. Most of the stuff is just too fragranced. The newer stuff is better - but I think of Shisheido as more of a cosmetics than skincare company.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have used various sunscreens and a couple of foaming cleansers....which were all very good..Th cleansers are very popular but I am kind of over foaming cleansers these days but still have a tube lurking around in my shower. A tiny bit cleans really well and doesnt leave the skin dry.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:21 am      Reply with quote
I was a long time shiseido user before branching out to another Japanese skincare line, DHC.

From DHC, i am exploring other brands now, mainly the ones sold on EDS that are getting huge raves.

I used to use the whole Shiseido The Skincare line and really liked. But after switching to DHC, i realize how fragrant shiseido's products are (not as bad as Chanel or Dior). I still use the Skincare foaming cleanser because I like it a lot, and love their revitalizing eye cream.

I used to be a huge fan of their sunscreen spf55, but i have found better formulations from other lines.

Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:45 am      Reply with quote
I use the spf 55 cream in the summer or whenever I'm out more. I use the 40 something spf stick that's sort of like make up but better. The eye cream gave me milia. I also use their concealer and stick blush but not at all consistently. I love the spf stuff.
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:01 am      Reply with quote
I used The SkinCare line a couple years ago. It was not bad, but nothing special. my mom is just absolutely addicted/loyal to this line. when it is GWP time, she buys in bulk. I've always been amazed by it.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:15 am      Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of all Shiseido products, I currently use quite a few products from The Skincare & Pureness ranges. I also think their sunscreens are one the best I've used so far & their make-up is gorgeous! But unfortunately their products are fairly pricey here in Oz Sad
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I use their mascara and occassionally their liquid makeup when I want a break from MMU. It's very creamy and does not make me breakout. They also have a good eye and lip cream, but I have only just tried a sample, nicely absorbs and non-greasy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
the mascara base is my HG, curls my Asian lashes so beautifully. Their eyeshadow is average but the package just looks so great in my makeup collection Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I honestly don't care about it. It's just a very average line, nothing wow.
louisvotton

Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
i use the spf 55 cream right now, love it ,not like other sun cream ,this feels light ,good stuff
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
i hear the shiseido eyeshadow base is amazing- i'd love to try it! Shock

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |