Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

what supplements should I take??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
july
5% products discount

Sun Jan 16, 2005 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys
As new year's resolution I've decided to be healthier and treat my body with the respect it deserves! Very Happy To start with I want to make sure I give it everything it needs in terms of vitamins/mineral etc. What should I take? I'm a 33yo active woman, a bit concerned of the lines round the eyes, otherwise healthy...
Suggestions?
Many thanks

July
Applejax

Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have read that prenatal vitamens are good even if you are not trying to get pregnant.I take prenate elite- It is prescribed by my OB/GYN. Also I take calcium- Viactiv is the best source of calcium (it was recommended by my primary care MD, OBGYN, and my husband(who is also a doctor).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
EPO...gets rid of PMT, increases boob size and makes skin glow! If you are stuck for an intense moisturiser you can also split a cap on your face as well!

I'd also recommend ginko biloba, good for blood vessels and functioning of the largest sex organ we have...the one between our ears Very Happy

5% products discount

Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I just hit the health food store myself to get some supplements and picked up a supplement with hyaluronic acid and another with collagen type II -- there's another thread on this forum about lip plumping products and everyone was raving that this helped plump their lips so I ran out to buy it. I just started taking it myself so haven't noticed bigger lips, but the bottle does state this is good for skin as well.
Also, the assistant at the store suggested I take something that has the omega oils in it, so I just started taking that as well. She swore by it, saying that after only a few weeks of taking it (it is an actual oil that you consume twice daily at 1 tbsp each time) her skin is so moisturized that the water "beads" off of her in the shower! It tastes wretched, but if it will make my skin nicer, I'll suffer through it!
Also, silica is a good supplement for skin, nails and hair.
That's all I can think of now -- oh, and just an all-around multi-vitamin, I suppose, to cover all your bases.
Hope this helps...Dee.

Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Add to that perhaps MSM, Alpha Lipoic Acid and Grapeseed Extract? Or at least some of those in a multi tablet?
essenz

Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Surprised I was wondering what's EPO?? PMT is pms ??
I take essential fatty acids and silica as well, they're really good for your skin.. and other organs!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
EPC? Bigger boobs? What is it and where do I get it????
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I started to read Dr Perricones book about skin and wrinkles but it did get too technical for me. He recommends and I take, Ester C, Alpha Lipioc Acid, Essential Omega Oils, I also take Salmon oil cause I dont like fish, especially the oily ones. also DMAE which you find in some skin care, also Ester C and Alpha Lipoic Acid. Vitamin B complex is vital as well as your standard vits and mins. It all however is a lot to take, alot to pay for and very hard to swallow. Have a look on the Perricone website, for tips on supplements at least. His products are very expensive and are more or less the same as the Janson Beckett products/Reviva.

p.s. if your ready this lianne, this is why I have a pint glass at bed time.... Shock
Lise

Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
The basic supplement everyone should take are vitamin C minimum 750mg, vitamin E 350mg, and an omega 3 supplement.

Besides calsium an magnesium are goood supplement,s, and a general all in one vitamineral supplement. Smile
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
cindi, that's far too many pills! 2 to 3 tops for me thanks
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
The person you need to hear from on this subject is Judy Marshall. Judy is very knowledgable on this subject. I hope that she will check the forum to see your post. I certainly would take her advice concerning vitamins.
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Where can I EPO? I want bigger boobs! Very Happy

Aga
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
AGA..I don't really need bigger, I'm hoping for firmer...worth a try.

Someone tell us where to get the EPO!!!! haha Laughing
Fairlyfair
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I take vitamin C(with rosehips) 1000 mg for glowing skin and overall health, grapeseed extract to fight off free radicals from the skin, and same with green tea extract(good antioxidant with benefits of losing weight too).

Be careful of longterm or excessive oral intake of the fat soluble vitamins like A,D,E, and K because when used in excess it is stored in the liver.

I hate popping pills, but there are two more I'd like to take for my skin - pycenogol and alpha lipoic acid.
Mabsy

Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Aga wrote:

I'm sorry to report that I am a few capsules away from finishing my 120 capsule (1g each) bottle of EPO and I see no difference at all.

ETA: I just got mine at the supermarket but you can also get them at healthfood shops and chemists.
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy!

I will try anything lol Smile

Did you notice any skin improvement after taking EPO?

What other safe beauty supplements are there?

Aga
Mabsy

Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Aga - not really. My skin is pretty good to begin with so lately I haven't seen any "wow" changes from vitamins at all. There are plenty of good supplements out there though: MSM, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Grapeseed Extract, Green Tea Extract, etc Do a search on "supplement" and you should be able to find long threads with discussions about which ones are good and why Wink
Aga
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy!
I'll do some rasearch on that right now! Smile

Aga
Cindi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Aga wrote:

Aga

Aga, If you are loking to increase your boob size, can you afford to put any weight on. I went from a B to a D/DD by weight gain. I didnt want to put weight on, it was due to medication. The advantage being bigger boobs Very Happy the disadvantage - bigger bums, thighs, tummy, calves... Sad
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
cindi, I went from a D to B/C when I lost weight and now they're kinda saggy...any tips for that? Without gaining weight???
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
july wrote:
Hi guys
As new year's resolution I've decided to be healthier and treat my body with the respect it deserves! Very Happy To start with I want to make sure I give it everything it needs in terms of vitamins/mineral etc. What should I take? I'm a 33yo active woman, a bit concerned of the lines round the eyes, otherwise healthy...
Suggestions?
Many thanks
July

Congratulations July on making the decision to take charge of your health. You are on the right track considering both vitamins and minerals. Many people don't know this, but without the proper minerals, no vitamins will be absorbed. So lots of people pop a bunch of vitamin pills, but without the proper minerals and trace minerals, it's all for nothing.

For about 7 years now, I have treated all my drinking water with marine minerals in a 1 gram sachet (teabag thingie) that you pop into a bottle of water. The ionic minerals and trace minerals permeate the water, so that you get ionic minerals, which are absorbed at the cellular level easily (without digestion). Additional benefit is that if you drink chlorinated water, the marine minerals change the molecular structure of the chlorine so that it isn't harful to your body. Chlorine is necessary to kill bacteria while the water is traveling to you through pipes, but you can actually harm your health by consuming it. I'm fortunate in that I live on the lake and have a well (no chlorine). The marine minerals also kills any bacteria in your water.

This product has been used in Europe and Japan for almost 20 years and came to the US in 1995. The great thing about it is that there are no pills to take, you simply drink the water. The highest concentration of minerals is in the calcium and magnesium, with about 70 other minerals and trace minerals. The mineral complex is almost identical to a mother's amniotic fluid or to the minerals in your skeleton, so your body recognizes it and it is well absorbed and used by the cells.

Beside my mineral water, I take a multi-vitamin/mineral with concentrated superfood concentrates.

I also take a supplement with grapeseed extract and citrix bioflavonoids. That is very good for skin and connective tissue.

Also take an essential fatty acid (EFA) supplement daily. Very good for the skin and for your health.

Sorry I've been so scarce lately folks. Have been very busy with my business and with traveling. I just got back from a 5 day trip to Virginia. This poor little Texas girl who lives on the lake and wears sandals and shorts most of the year had to really scramble for some cold weather clothes. Of course, there was one good thing about it.... I HAD TO BUY some really good looking boots. Laughing

It snowed while we were there. We had some people in the meeting from Barbados and they got really excited about the snow! Shock

Hope my comments help you to keep your New Years Resolution. You can PM me if I can help further.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
judy,
I was wondering... is there a specific brand for the mineral sachet that is better to use?

april
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
aprilha wrote:
judy,
I was wondering... is there a specific brand for the mineral sachet that is better to use?
april

Our company imports the mineral sachets from Okinawa. The Okinawans have been recognized as the longest living, healthiest culture of people in the world for quite a few years now. Part of that longevity and healthy life into later years is due to their water source being infused with minerals from the coral reefs that the island sits on. For about 20 years, they have mined the coral that sloughs off on the ocean floor and processed it and packaged it in 2 gram teabags or sachets to be placed in water, so that the minerals infuse the water. The brand name is Alka-Line and is only available from our company.

Our company does significant independent testing to determine results. In other words we don't just rely on what people say they experience, we rely on research and independent assays or tests.

In Okinawa, this is quite a massive industry, and has been for about 20 years, so it's not just the latest fad. People in Europe, Japan and the US have used it daily for years.

Probably, any further discussion of this product would be best carried on through PM, as I don't want to abuse privileges here on the forum.

Be glad to answer any questions by PM.

JUDY

Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |