Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
oily acne moisturizer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
shoootemupx

Sun May 08, 2011 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys, I was wondering if you knew a really good moisturizer for SUPER oily & acne prone skin? I break out so easily, and my skin is a complete oil slick. It's horrible. Plus, I'm moving to Florida soon! So I'm looking for a moisturizer that will take hot weather well without sliding off of my face completely. I plan on putting a sunscreen over it. Help!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2011 11:59 am      Reply with quote
If your skin is that oily why not just skip the moisturiser? Just apply a sunscreen instead.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2011 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Try Paula's Choice skin balancing gel. It's not very emollient but still provides you with beneficial ingredients.

However, you most likely do not need a moisturizer as Josh pointed out if your face is already so oily.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2011 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
Josh wrote:
If your skin is that oily why not just skip the moisturiser? Just apply a sunscreen instead.

2nd. I see no need to add moisturizer.
rockhugger
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 7:42 am      Reply with quote
I agree too! And maybe make your sunscreen an oil-free zinc oxide one, because ZO is absorbent.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
rockhugger wrote:
I agree too! And maybe make your sunscreen an oil-free zinc oxide one, because ZO is absorbent.

I have used Olay Complete spf 15 with zinc oxide & oxtinate (available in US; not Canada).

Mosturizer & sunscreen in one.

Lise Watier sunsmart acts like a primer. Physical sunscreen filters in silcone. $38.00 cdn for one ounce.

I also like Cliniderm by Neostrata. Physical filters.

I have not tried Burn Out. Zinc oxide. I have read on other forums that it is quite matt.

Tue May 10, 2011 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
try celeteque water-based moisturizer, it's a gel type... it will only lock-in moisture in your skin and won't make you oily! Wink
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2011 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I like Korres Yogurt cream. You can get it at Sephora. It helps hydrate oily but dehydrated skin. In the summer s/s should be sufficient though.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Faustine

Wed May 11, 2011 6:46 am      Reply with quote
My vote goes to Kimberly Sayers Ultra light, lasts ages too!
beautylily

Wed May 11, 2011 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
My vote is for this product from Japan called sassou, the goldwaver soap is fantastic especially for really oily skin, just google freshskin and sassou, you can buy it there online
CarrieH
5% products discount

Thu May 12, 2011 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Josh wrote:

I agree with Josh. Check out R+F Unblemish Oil Control Lotion SPF 20. It slows down oil production and my husband will not leave the house without it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2011 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I once heard from a that oil on face helps to retain moisture and we don't need a lot. If you have more than enough, why not skip it and use hydrating essence instead.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Consumers with oily skin should select lotions or gels as opposed to creams, which are heavier and more emollient. If you don't moisturize, even oily skin can feel dried out or flaky -- especially if you're using topical acne medications.
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have super oily skin that congests easily and breaks out even easier.

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum has been my off-and-on go to moisturizer for almost 10 years!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2011 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with using a Zinc Oxide sunblock as your moisturizer. Devita, Pratima, Osmosis Shelter, Burnout, Glycolix Elite, Eco Logical Face, etc. will all moisturize but keep your skin matte while protection it from sun damage and aging. All in one treatment! Smile
ElleWoods
5% products discount

Fri May 27, 2011 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly, when my acne was bad I bought into all of the hype about moisturizing acne prone and oily skin. I moisturized and one weekend I forgot to bring my moisturizer with me (travelled 2 hours from school to home in university) and so I didn't moisturize my face. My skin felt much better. I never moisturized again and ended up using that face moisturizer on my body so it didn't go to waste! Hahah
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2011 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I actually really liked plain aloe vera gel as a moisturizer when my skin was oilier. I buy the aloe vera gel that's edible and sold in the 'food' section of the health food store, not the cosmetics section. The kind you want is the kind that easily separates into liquid and solids - you need to shake it up before you use it. I find the one sold on the cosmetics side sort of sat on top of my skin, but the edible one sinks right in.

Even now, my skin has actually become combination/dry, but I still mix my moisturizer half and half with aloe vera gel - it really gives it a nice glow and helps to balance out all of the oils.

A few drops of jojoba oil mixed with aloe is also a great moisturizer.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |