Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Need natural sunscreen for body and face?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bixa525
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 1:42 am      Reply with quote
I would love suggestions on a natural sunscreen without all the bad chemicals that can be used on the body and face and doesn't turn you a pasty white color. I am traveling to the Caribbean in a month and need at least a SPF of 30 or higher.
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Look into the Devita thread in the Product Reviews forum. Lots of raves there.

Only thing is it is not water resistant. You might have to keep up with reapplication. Smile
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 8:45 am      Reply with quote
What exactly do you mean by "bad chemicals?" Are you talking about physical sunscreens as opposed to chemical sunscreens? Or do you not want to have any synthetic ingredients at all?
bixa525
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
Would like a physical barrier that doesn't leave that white film on the skin after applied.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Badger has a great one. I believe the baby formula is the best. You can also try Cliniderm. These are great for the body, but not too sure about the face since everyone is different. you would have to test those ones out yourself
Gidget
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I live in on the coast and not only swim, but run, walk and bike. I am out in the elements all the time. I found this sunscreen recently and swear by it. It is called COOLA.

Check it out - hope this helps.

http://www.coolasuncare.com/

Gidget
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I checked it out- coola has some chemical and some physical sunscreens. Unfortunately, the physical sunscreens do not have a high zinc oxide content- 3.5% everywhere, except for 7% in the baby version.

Gidget wrote:
I live in on the coast and not only swim, but run, walk and bike. I am out in the elements all the time. I found this sunscreen recently and swear by it. It is called COOLA.

Check it out - hope this helps.

http://www.coolasuncare.com/

Gidget

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 9:05 am      Reply with quote
If you want full zinc sunscreens, you should look into marie veronique, ecological skincare, invisible zinc, and burnout
flgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Not sure what happened to my post but I'll post it again.......

KINeSYS Performance Sunscreen makes a 100% mineral based sunscreen with 25% zinc oxide- it's the new SPF 30 Zinc Ointment. It's also oil, alcohol, paba, preservative and paraben free, with topical anti-oxidant- Vitamin E.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
flgirl wrote:

KINeSYS Performance Sunscreen makes a 100% mineral based sunscreen with 25% zinc oxide- it's the new SPF 30 Zinc Ointment. It's also oil, alcohol, paba, preservative and paraben free, with topical anti-oxidant- Vitamin E.

What is your experience with this sunscreen? These are my impressions, in order:

1. oil free is not necessarily a good thing
2. I google it and it's 30$ for 3 oz which is on the expensive side and a jar is not great packaging.
3. I look at the ingredients list and it looks very oil heavy, so obviously not oil-free or even low-oil.

Active: Zinc Oxide 25.0%
Inactives: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Beeswas (Cruelty-Free), Capric/ Caprylic Triglyceride, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil and Tocopherols, Polyhydroxystearic Acid (and) Isotearic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (and) Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Bisabolol.

4. It says that "the ointment makes visual inspection easy - no more missed spots." which tells me that there's a white cast...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
flgirl wrote:

What is your experience with this sunscreen? These are my impressions, in order:

1. oil free is not necessarily a good thing
2. I google it and it's 30$ for 3 oz which is on the expensive side and a jar is not great packaging.
3. I look at the ingredients list and it looks very oil heavy, so obviously not oil-free or even low-oil.

Active: Zinc Oxide 25.0%
Inactives: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Beeswas (Cruelty-Free), Capric/ Caprylic Triglyceride, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil and Tocopherols, Polyhydroxystearic Acid (and) Isotearic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (and) Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Bisabolol.

4. It says that "the ointment makes visual inspection easy - no more missed spots." which tells me that there's a white cast...

Yeah and it doesn't seem like there's anything that actually mattifies the face either. Just a lot of natural ingredients. May be problematic for those with oily/combo skin
jade321
5% products discount

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have v sensitive skin & have fair skin. I had been using Sunforgettable SPF 30 (perfectly clear) with great results. But now that it's summer, I'm thinking maybe I should move up to SPF 60. Any advice? Colorescience is v easy to use...no fuss, no stickiness so for fair, sensitve skin ladies, u may like to try it out!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
jade321 wrote:
I have v sensitive skin & have fair skin. I had been using Sunforgettable SPF 30 (perfectly clear) with great results. But now that it's summer, I'm thinking maybe I should move up to SPF 60. Any advice? Colorescience is v easy to use...no fuss, no stickiness so for fair, sensitve skin ladies, u may like to try it out!

Perhaps this video will help you decide if you need to switch to a higher SPF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2nUhKh6TcE
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I am very pleased with Josie Maran SPF 40 for face and hands, and Juice Beauty Body Moisturizer SPF 20 for body.
The sun is super strong here and I never have a problem with these products.
queenielau718
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I am using: DeVita natural suncreen for face and body. it has good review, but some reviews claim that the users got sunburn after. I never go sunbath. therefore never got burn.

I also use Eminence body sunscreen and Vanilla face cream both has a good sun protection. Of course I will wear a mineral powder sunscreen on top too !!

Both of them are natural, no reaction, no allergy on my sensitive face.
yofie
5% products discount

Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Having a lotion with a good SPF is very important during these hot summer months. I've been using Eucerin's Everyday Protection face and body lotion, and it works great! My skin is not only protected from the sun's rays, but the lotion also gives my skin a nice glow! I've been using these products nonstop since I started working with the Eucerin team. Have any of you tried these Eucerin products?
Deheune
5% products discount

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I’ve been using an unusual sun protection method lately – a thickly woven scarf worn similarly to a hijab.

I started using OCM recently and it did wonders for balancing out my hyper-oily skin. I started using a moisturizer with an SPF and anti-oxidants. I loved the texture of it on my face and started using it on my neck and decolletage as well. Within two days I had a sunburned chest! My daily exposure is minimal. I have underground parking at home and work, plus a commute of only 15-20 minutes. I checked out the moisturizer and discovered it had Vitamin A – which caused sun sensitivity. I also found some spots of hyperpigmentation on my face.

I discontinued use of it immediately and started to reapply sunscreen about 30 mintes before leaving work. I’ve tried Badger with the lovely whitecast and some chemical options as well. (And yes, your co-workers do look at you oddly when they walk into the restroom and find you rubbing lotion into your cleavage.)

Two weeks later I was still experiencing a mild burn on my commute. I’ve never been this hypersensitive – even when on Accutane or post laser surgery. I figured a ski mask would get me pulled over for suspicious activity, but the hijab works. If you keep a small clip in the car to use under your chin, you can cover more of the sides of your face without impacting your peripheral vision. It isn’t perfect, but has gotten me home pain free for the past few days!

I realize it isn’t exactly what you are looking for, but I thought I’d share anyway. I know many members try to be careful about sun exposure and keeping a shawl/scarf in the car is an easy way to reduce it.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased the Jane Iredale Powder SPF 30, which is really great! I got the translucent one, so after you apply it, it needs to be smoothed over to make sure there is no powdery spots. I was recently in California and L.A and my skin was perfectly protected, no burning, nothing. I highly recommend it!!
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Osmosis Shelter SPF 29 - 20% zinc oxide. I totally love it. No while cast and not greasy.
ella-stella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Also check out this previous thread with an extensive list of physical sunscreens
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=35450
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:12 am      Reply with quote
try eminence tomato sun cream or vanila sun cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.mexitanproducts.com/

I LOVE this one, been using it for years. It is really SUPER LIGHT, even though it lists several oils in ingredients.Smile
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Juice Beauty body sunscreen-it feels very light and not too much smell to it.

But I recently tried Melansol sunscreen and it is 100% natural and has a higher spf.
Does not feel to heavy on the skin and the scend goes away after a bit.
Does not seem to leave a white cast and absorbs well.

http://www.puresunscreen.com/

would be nicer without lavender,but I am still going to rebuy it for the high spf and outdoors.
kaloee
5% products discount

Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:11 am      Reply with quote
I like BurnOut KIDS Physical Sunscreen SPF 30+ with 18.6% zinc oxide. It does leave a very very very slight white cast though, but not as much as Sofina’s Perfect UV White Protect. The finish is a bit tacky, but easily rid of with powder. It doesn’t irritate my skin, I can use it around my eyes and the area between my nose and lips (both areas are most prone to irritation on me).
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Juice Beauty is good? May be I will buy it after finish Eminence.I like Eminence but I always want to try new.

Ottawa Shopper wrote:
I really like Juice Beauty body sunscreen-it feels very light and not too much smell to it.

But I recently tried Melansol sunscreen and it is 100% natural and has a higher spf.
Does not feel to heavy on the skin and the scend goes away after a bit.
Does not seem to leave a white cast and absorbs well.

http://www.puresunscreen.com/

would be nicer without lavender,but I am still going to rebuy it for the high spf and outdoors.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |