Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Karin Herzog Vita Kombi 2% & Apricot difference
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there all! Quick question! I have been using the KH Vita Kombi 2% for a couple of years now and I LOVE it....But I wanted to see how the one with Apricot is.....And the difference in the two. Any suggestions....recommendations?

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Apricot one better. It is less drying and for me it doesn't have that perfume smell that the Kombi has. Sometimes I will put an oil on and use the vita kombi 2 after, and other days I will just use the vita-apricot. I went to a salon near my home and they swear by the apricot one. They use it day and night over a c-serum and the girl has beautiful skin.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I found the Apricot to be more moisturizing than the VAK 2% and the fragrance is definitely more 'natural' smelling as opposed to synthetic.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 13, 2011 9:27 am      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
I like the Apricot one better. It is less drying and for me it doesn't have that perfume smell that the Kombi has. Sometimes I will put an oil on and use the vita kombi 2 after, and other days I will just use the vita-apricot. I went to a salon near my home and they swear by the apricot one. They use it day and night over a c-serum and the girl has beautiful skin.

You said "over" a cream and I have always heard and used vk2% under my moisturizers. So does this one go over???

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 13, 2011 9:30 am      Reply with quote
My main concern is switching over form the vk2, which I adore and has seemed to really even my complexion, but from my understanding, the apricot is the same, with a couple small exceptions, that are also pluses Smile I guess my only other concern is the fact that I tan in a tanning bed, and I know the vk2 helps one to tan more evenly and is it going to be okay to use the one with the apricot and acid since I tan and I expose myself to UV rays?

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 15, 2011 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Hello MentorAmy05......this is just my opinion but I read that glycolic acid does make one more sensitive to UV rays. If you like the basic VK2 I would keep to that if you still intend to use the tanning beds. I think it would be better than using a product containing glycolic acid.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |