Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
LED light for seborrheic dermatitis?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DJano

Mon May 16, 2011 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, been lurking here for a while and finally decided to register.

I've been battling with seborrheic dermatitis for a couple of years now and am not having any luck with topicals and have read now on wikipedia of all places that phototherapy in the form of LED therapy (blue and red light) might work on SD.

I don't know how reliable this information is and am gonna do some research on this but was wondering whether any of the LED experts here have any experience with this and can point me in the direction of suitable lights. I wanted to get the LightStim for wrinles but now want to get stg that might specifically help with SD.

Thanks in advance!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 2:45 am      Reply with quote
I have never had this condition so I have no experience or expertise in treating it. However, I'm going to suggest that you consider using a High Frequency Wand rather than an LED. High Frequency is great for killing bacteria and fungal infections. Lots of people have had good results in controlling acne and breakouts. I found that it got rid of the Solar Keratosis that I had on my chest. You can read about High Frequency Wands here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=38630

http://www.electroherbalism.com/Bioelectronics/Tesla/VioletRay.htm

With regard to an LED - usually a green LED is recommended for treating acne, so I would assume that that would be the way to go for your condition. However, I think all colour wavelengths do help control breakouts and sooth irritated skin. If you do decide on an LED, I have a Lightstim and like it very much. But this one might be more useful for you because it comes with three different colour heads which makes it very versatile:
http://www.siriusbeauty.com/aurora/

Do you know what causes your dermatitis? Is it fungal based? If it is, you could try swabbing the area with a solution of Apple Cider Vinegar and Water.

Good luck!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I have never had this condition so I have no experience or expertise in treating it. However, I'm going to suggest that you consider using a High Frequency Wand rather than an LED. High Frequency is great for killing bacteria and fungal infections. Lots of people have had good results in controlling acne and breakouts. I found that it got rid of the Solar Keratosis that I had on my chest. You can read about High Frequency Wands here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=38630

http://www.electroherbalism.com/Bioelectronics/Tesla/VioletRay.htm

With regard to an LED - usually a green LED is recommended for treating acne, so I would assume that that would be the way to go for your condition. However, I think all colour wavelengths do help control breakouts and sooth irritated skin. If you do decide on an LED, I have a Lightstim and like it very much. But this one might be more useful for you because it comes with three different colour heads which makes it very versatile:
http://www.siriusbeauty.com/aurora/

Do you know what causes your dermatitis? Is it fungal based? If it is, you could try swabbing the area with a solution of Apple Cider Vinegar and Water.

Good luck!!

I am no expert and also don't know what seborrheic dermatitis is. I have to agree with Keliu on this one.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Does HF also help with acne?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:

It speed up all the stages of the acne by using the high frequency to stimulate. I find that cosmetically, it help make your skin look firmer.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:

Definitely - that's its main claim to fame.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |