Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

burns from pumpkin peel help!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 5:11 am      Reply with quote
I used the ncn pumpkin peel last night, it did sting more than it did last month, but I am now left with two patches of red burns on each cheek and red spots on my chin!
It was wonderful last time but I think I left it too long this time ( 3 mins).
I have used ghk cream the aals last pm and some steroid cream this am at least to reduce the inflammation.
Any other suggestions would be great. My skin was looking good now I am scared I have ruined it.
My DH thinks I have permanently scarred my face!Now I dont think I have done that but it does look terrible.
Help!! Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry to hear that! If your face really hurts, try some ice packs to help cool it and reduce inflammation. My derm had me use cool packs after a chem peel. Also, Motrin helped too.

If its really bad I would put some topical like aquaphor or Vaseline to prevent any scabbing. It just sucks because you'll be a little greasy. It should heal up in a day or two. By preventing scabbing your skin can heal more evenly.

If it's not bad enough to scab, then I would try EMU or Vit E oil to help heal and moisturize. And just be really gentle with your skin until this passes. I don't think you are scarred forever, but it may take a bit to heal.

If you are really worried, then I would go see your derm.

BTW: Many years ago, when I tried the DIY route (young married and little money), I read about a mayo mask (it was at a time that egg masks where really hot and on tv and mags). So I thought, hey mayo sounds good. It has eggs too! OMG, as soon as I put my mayo on my face it started to burn sooooo bad. I couldn't have had it on but for a few seconds, but my entire face turned beet red. I had succeeded in giving myself a horrible chem burn. I later went back and found the stupid article about the mayo mask...and sure enough...it was talking about homemade mayo without vinegar and the preservatives. Now, I've never made mayo, but it was a stupid suggestion and at the very end it said NOT to use store bought mayo. You think they would start with that little by-line, yes?
Any way, it took about 3 days to heal. The majority of the red lessened after a day. Shortly after that incident I found EDS forum. I don't try any DIY without input from here and haven't had a repeat of the Mayo mask. Laughing

See how your face is by tomorrow. Skin is really very resilient. I hope this helps a bit.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 6:26 am      Reply with quote
thanks for your reply.
I have got both emu and vit e oil, I'll use the ice first then the oils!
I just feel sooo stupid, especially when I was feeling quite pleased with myself over my skin!!
Serves me right too!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Aquaphor really does help with healing, but it also has the potential to clog pores (for me at least) so you might end up with whiteheads or blackheads.

A lot of people tend to use aloe to help with burns and is indeed very helpful so try finding pure aloe vera. I believe Aubrey Organics is a good one that's all natural with grapefruit extract as the preservative.
flgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Just last week, I was an idiot and did a lactic acid peel 4 days after my glycolic peel thinking I'd be fine because my skin didn't peel or feel raw at all but I got burned Sad I had many many red bumps down my right cheek and a few burned patches. I put cortisone cream on my burns and they healed really fast and I didn't even have dry patches like I normally do when I get any red bumps. I also used my real aloe plant but thats normally the only thing I use when I feel any irritation.

Hope you're better soon...its no fun!
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Oh dear, I did the *same* thing to myself last fall with the pumpkin peel. (I am now starting to believe that AHA's are *not* my friend.) Here's what helped me:

- Slathering on Aquaphor to deal with the horrible crepy dryness.

- Using a steroid cream (desonide) for a few days to take down the inflammation.

- Using a homeopathic calendula gel until everyone went away. (I used Califlora by Boericke & Tafel, from Whole Foods.) Actually, I think it was this particular product that turned everything around, and very quickly too.

Good luck! And really, if things don't clear up soon, go to the derm-- I wish I did! It would have saved *months* of suffering from dried out, sensitive skin.

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
BrightSunn

Thu May 19, 2011 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Don't feel stupid. I had that happen with another peel.

The advice you've gotten so far is sound. If it is any help, I didn't have any permanent scarring.

HTH
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 6:59 am      Reply with quote
hey
Thanks for all your advice and help,
I am not sure what aquaphor is, can I get it in the uk?
In the meantime Ive got some Forever Loving Aloe Gel in a tube and some cortisone cream,also the emu and vit E oil.
I am so glad others have done what I did talking with the DH anyone would think I was the worlds worst idiot!
I think if he had seen me with the dermaroller(first time) several weeks ago he would have had me committed as a looney .

Think Im going to have a glass of wine out of sheer relief and celebrate all of us who have done the same, thank you for sharing and helping me out. CHEERS Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 7:27 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
hey
In the meantime Ive got some Forever Loving Aloe Gel in a tube and some cortisone cream,also the emu and vit E oil.
I am so glad others have done what I did talking with the DH anyone would think I was the worlds worst idiot!
I think if he had seen me with the dermaroller(first time) several weeks ago he would have had me committed as a looney .

Think Im going to have a glass of wine out of sheer relief and celebrate all of us who have done the same, thank you for sharing and helping me out. CHEERS Exclamation

I got mine from well.ca until they started stocking it in Shopper's Drug Mart. There's probably some US drugstores too if you find that shipping is cheaper from them. But if you're going with well.ca, let me know and I'll get you a $10 off coupon
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 9:01 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
hey

You may just try petroleum jelly if you can't find Aquaphor in the UK it is the main ingredient in it anyway, It forms a seal that prevents any moisture loss from your skin and tends to be soothing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2011 3:22 am      Reply with quote
hello again, I would just like to report that my face is now back to normal!! Laughing After peeling and looking like the elephant man, it is now ok.
Thanks for all your advice, I think the vaseline, steroid, and cps did the trick.
I can now show my face in public without fear of crying children Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 26, 2011 8:16 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
hello again, I would just like to report that my face is now back to normal!! Laughing After peeling and looking like the elephant man, it is now ok.
Thanks for all your advice, I think the vaseline, steroid, and cps did the trick.
I can now show my face in public without fear of crying children Exclamation

LOL. At least you do have a good sense of humor about it! I see usually when a member has a peel go awry time and a bit of TLC heals all back to normal!
Glad to hear you are back to a happy face once again!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2011 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Don't feel bad, I'm willing to be half the people here have done this at least once or twice. Laughing

Emu oil helps, but unfortunately I've had to walk around looking like that for a week or so till it heals. I do also like the cream that Skinactives makes, I think its the Restoration Cream. I should have bought more of it, it was a win for way over exfoliated skin for me.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |