Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Silk pillow cases
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 1:52 am      Reply with quote
I just recently read about the benefits of sleeping on silk pillow cases and I was wondering where I could buy them? I haven't checked the department stores yet, but I wanted to know if there were certain stores that sell them online since I heard that dept store ones aren't that great quality.

And I'd also like to change my entire bedding to silk too if anyone knows where I can get it Laughing
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I had a hard time finding them. I bought a few from the shopping channel and found that they shrink really fast, but I did buy a new set of pillows, so the problem was the combination of the two.

My husband didn't like them, but it never bothered me.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 5:49 am      Reply with quote
I bought pillows and bedding in John Lewis in the UK, but you have to be careful about temperature when washing them (think its 30 degrees the labels say) otherwise they will shrink.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I'm guessing hand washing would be the best then?

@skincare what didn't your husband like about them? was it just the different feeling to it?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 9:06 am      Reply with quote
ebay
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 10:34 am      Reply with quote
softsurroundings.com usually has some. I haven't tried them myself, so can't comment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
I'm guessing hand washing would be the best then?

@skincare what didn't your husband like about them? was it just the different feeling to it?

Hello,

He didn't like them because they are too slippery and he felt hot and would sweat on it. So what I did was give him the cotton pillow cases and I used the silk.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
@skincare ohh I see, I would think that silk helps cool down

Thanks existential, I think I'll order from them! They have some great reviews
flgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure why satin wouldn't do the same thing??????? I had heard about silk too and thought about it, hoping I can purchase just the pillowcases and not the entire bed set Bad Grin
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
flgirl wrote:
Not sure why satin wouldn't do the same thing??????? I had heard about silk too and thought about it, hoping I can purchase just the pillowcases and not the entire bed set Bad Grin

I don't think you'll have trouble finding pillowcases. I, however, am having trouble finding the entire bed set lol
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
You can find some nice ones on BeautyHabit. As for full set of bedding, I have no idea. There is some places where you can get custom made sheets and duvet covers.

I think that is too much and I prefer a simple & quick way to maintain my sheets.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Sally's (Camada) has satin ones. You could check online at the Sally's site.

I also got some at the outlet store.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Doesn't everyone mean satin on here? I don't know where this "silk" thing came about. Silk would not be pleasant to sleep on lol
ElleWoods
5% products discount

Sun May 22, 2011 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
I bought mine from sallys. It's not real silk but I find it very breathable and very smooth. I use it for my hair (its dry and blonde). They are machine washable and I also put it in the dryer at least twice a week with my sheets. I've had it for awhile (a year at least!)
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
flgirl wrote:
Doesn't everyone mean satin on here? I don't know where this "silk" thing came about. Silk would not be pleasant to sleep on lol

I'm not sure... I just know people are raving about silk sheets, not satin. Don't know if they mean the same thingo r not
JM

Mon May 23, 2011 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Have used silk myself for years now and am very happy with the results. Best website i've found so far with quality stuff and value for money is silkkiss.co.uk - they deliver worldwide.

The difference between silk and satin is that satin is entirely synthetic (and therefore does not breath, resulting is a lot of sweating) as apposed to silk which is breathable. Plenty of benefits other then shiny hair etc, check out their website which gives you plenty of info to digest.

As for care, silk always needs 30degrees washing (or even handwash) as it is a delicate fabric. That said, it's a hundred times more durable than cotton and satin, because of the strong fibre. Amazing what these little silk worms are able to produce!!
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the explanation, JM!
flgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Interesting, thanks for the clarification. When I think of silk, i think of a sticky fabric. Maybe not all types though.....

Anway, thanks for the website, will check it out.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I love my silk pillowcase; I hated satin. Satin made me sweat and I found it to be more slippery than the silk. The silk has a smooth feel (silky Laughing ) whereas the satin is smooth but really slippery. My pillow inevitably ended up falling off the bed onto the floor.

At one time Honeyfig used to carry DreamSacks pillow cases. They no longer carry them. I was lucky to order them when they were getting rid of the rest of their stock, so I got a great deal on them. Here are the pillowcases that I have:
http://www.dreamsoftbedware.com/kichpise.html
They are AWESOME. I wash them in the machine on delicate and put them in the dryer on ultra low. I just pull them out of the dryer when the buzzer sounds and fold them. They don't need to be ironed. I've tried other brands and they had to be ironed each time; no thanks. I have had mine for over 4 yrs and they still look new. The key is to wash the pillow cases either on their own or with nothing sharp.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I also meant to add that silk pillowcases, beside being great for your skin are wonderful for your hair. They make a big difference on my curly hair.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Silk Skin pillow cases are rather lovely. If only they sold the bedsheets!
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 3:05 am      Reply with quote
I've purchased silk pillowcases via ebay. They ship directly from China. Nice quality and very reasonably priced. They sell entire bed sets too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 3:19 am      Reply with quote
They do in John Lewis, I bought a bedspread and sheets and pillow cases there - all silk!
LondonJamie wrote:
Silk Skin pillow cases are rather lovely. If only they sold the bedsheets!
Qwackertoo
5% products discount

Tue May 24, 2011 6:22 am      Reply with quote
They may not match all your other bedding but I LOVE LOVE LOVE my silk pillowcase and the quality is very good. My first one lasted a couple of years. I even take it on vacation and slip it on a pillow whether it be at a hotel or a relatives home. I loved my blue/green paisley one, I still have one to go with my Dream Sack which I only use when going on extended vacations. The LL Bean is a good quality and I wash it with the rest of the sheets and it does just fine. Nothing like satin, I tried buying some of those one trip when I forgot my silk and I tossed it in the garbage, yuck.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Seems like the consensus is that silk is a great choice for pillowcases. Definitely gonna order one now Smile thanks everyone
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |