Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How Long Does It Take? (HF Machine question)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
brassflower
5% products discount

Sun May 22, 2011 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I've been using my new HF machine for 4 days now, 2 sessions a day around 10 minutes a piece. I have to say so far I'm underwhelmed Sad

What type of results should I be looking for and how long did it take some of you to reach maximum benefit?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Depends what your goals are with the HF machine and what type of machine your using as there are many out there. With acne, I think most people reported benefits in a week or two of using it. For general skin health, it really depends what kind of state your skin is in at the starting point. If its healthy already then I suspect you need a good old week of using it and then you'll notice a change in skintone, fresh youthful kind of look.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I agree with TheresaMary. It all depends on the state of your skin.
brassflower
5% products discount

Mon May 23, 2011 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
My goals with this machine are to discourage breakouts, tighten pores and smooth my skin.

My skin is thick, acne prone and resistant to treatment. It laughs at acid peels. The only thing that has ever really worked to clear up acne and blemishes for me is Retin A. I've just reordered a few tubes after being off of it for several years and they should arrive shortly.

Something else I'm noticing is that my skin is sprouting more acne and whiteheads after using the machine. Is this normal? I mean my break outs are up by 50%. Does the machine encourage purging before everything settles down?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am betting you are correct regarding the purging; Worse before it gets better. I am surprised how often that happens.

5% products discount

Mon May 23, 2011 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sis, did you also experience this phenomena while using the HFM?
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 24, 2011 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Brassflower, are you using any topicals while using the HF device? I got my HF machine to deal with acne breakouts as well & used it straight up on *bare* skin, for about the same amount of time that you're using yours.

My skin is thin & sensitive & dry. In the beginning, I peeled a lot & experienced even more dryness, for about 2-3 weeks or so. (I can't remember, you might want to refer to the original HF thread.) But then I saw nice, healthy fresh skin coming through, as though everything had "normalized".

The HF device worked great for the breakouts I was getting on my cheeks, and for a while I had great skin & no breakouts! Then recently I think I gave my skin a lethal combo of overexfoliation with a pumpkin peel & changing hormones & had the *worst* breakout of my life on my jaw & chin, where I had never gotten acne before. The HF device was *not* effective at all & I went on antibiotics to clear everything up. Now, I'm finally back to normal!

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2011 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I saw nothing but improvements, but I have super oily very acne prone skin. The drying that some experienced made my skin feel great, I actually got to use moisturizer (I look so greasy if I do normally).

I saw positive results in a few days as far as oil production. I only use it once a day though. I spend extra time on a scar I have, we will see if it helps. I didn't experience any breakouts with it.

5% products discount

Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:36 am      Reply with quote
I caved and resold it to a friend who was researching buying one (only loss $10 on the resale) I was seeing no improvements, only an aggravation of my acne. I was not using a topical with it, only using it on freshly washed skin. It's likely that I had it turned up too high because I got the sense that clogged pores were trying expel their contents but were becoming swollen in the process. I developed several cystic bumps.

I've switched back to my DPL Infrared Machine, which like a numbskull I had set aside in my closet. I need to correct my earlier statement - this and Retin-A are the two things that have worked best for my skin. I set it aside probably because I didn't like how long it took to use it, but wow, in comparison to the HF it is working a miracle. Just using it for 3 days the acne has calmed, fine lines are reduced, skin is tighter...I need to stop wasting money and stick to what works for me.

I appreciate everyone who chimed in with suggestions.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |